Helpful Reply11/15/14 Fond du Lac E&G - Contingent on adequate interest

Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 7
Author
JRPfeff
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5841
2014/10/14 07:19:21 (permalink)

11/15/14 Fond du Lac E&G - Contingent on adequate interest

There were several suggestions for a Contingent outing to Fond du Lac in the Trip Report thread on our visit to Schreiner's. We'd like to try to squeeze it in this year and November 15 is the last date that would work for us.

Suggested stops are Schreiner's, Tuckers, Bryanna's, Wendt's, Widmer cheese and Helds meats.

Chime in if you are interested in attending.
buffetbuster
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 12613
Re: 11/15/14 Fond du Lac E&G - Contingent on adequate interest 2014/10/14 07:51:07 (permalink)
After seeing the photos of Schreiner's pies that JRPfeff has sent me, I sure wish we could be there!
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 9339
Re: 11/15/14 Fond du Lac E&G - Contingent on adequate interest 2014/10/14 08:21:12 (permalink)
Nothing on my calendar so far so I suppose I could be there, although it's a tough choice between this and cleaning the house gutters.
JRPfeff
Sirloin
Re: 11/15/14 Fond du Lac E&G - Contingent on adequate interest 2014/10/14 08:31:23 (permalink)
We may want to go to the EAA museum as a digestive interlude before Wendts. Or there's always the outlet malls and adult superstores near there.
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
Re: 11/15/14 Fond du Lac E&G - Contingent on adequate interest 2014/10/14 08:40:21 (permalink)
Better photo ops at the latter.
easydoesit
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 664
Re: 11/15/14 Fond du Lac E&G - Contingent on adequate interest 2014/10/14 08:50:42 (permalink)
JRPfeff, looks like you have a good itinerary.  If you are including Wendt's, which is about seven miles north on Hwy 45, then I have another truly can't-miss for you, if you can go about eleven miles more to Oshkosh.

Before we go there, though, just to remind everyone that Hwy 45 is the perfect way to go between these two towns, as you get beautiful lake views (and beautiful lake homes) along there, whereas the four-lane 41 is just kind of boring.  Lake Winnebago is reported as the third largest lake in the contiguous U.S.  (I could never find out who THEY thought were the other two.)  On the way up you will see dozens if not hundreds of ice shacks, waiting to get out there for the yearly sturgeon spearing season.

Okay, here's where you CAN'T go, and really too bad, but they are closing for the season.  This is their last week.  They are right on Hwy 45 at the south end of Oshkosh, can't miss the bright orange building.

http://ardyandeds.com/

But -- there is a real treat very nearby, only open during the colder months.  This place does not have a website, or facebook page, they don't need one, as they have plenty of business.  But there are lots of comments on Yelp and others.

(Well, there is some kind of abbreviated facebook page.  I don't think this is Hughes' doing:)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hughes-Home-Maid-Chocolate-Shop/111620508893968

One of my jobs on the railroad in FdL was to liaison with local media.  One day I was giving a TV or newspaper (don't remember which) crew a railroad tour, and took them here.  They flipped out!  Everyone does, the first time.

Okay.  We're parked at Ardy and Ed's, lamenting that this blast from the past is closed.  Taking off right from there directly north is Doty Street.  Driving north slowly shows us a typical, and very attractive, Midwestern neighborhood.  Nothing commercial to see, just a lot of those older, well-kept homes and boulevards with mature trees, and it looks like a Norman Rockwell kind of place.

But in a couple blocks, there are all kinds of cars parked in a cluster on both sides of the street.  Someone having a party?  Nope -- just people after some real good chocolate.

Hughes Chocolates has no sign, except for a tiny neon thing in one window.  But often, you don't need the sign, because you can see where the people are going.

This nice old house is more then a house -- it has a candy factory in the basement.  You walk to the door in the side of the house, go down a few steps into the salesroom, and the salesroom is right in the factory too (like Widmer's Cheese), and you have these smiling employees saying "Excuse me!" as they move past with trays of the candies in progress.

And I've always loved how clean the place is -- look up into the rafters, or anywhere, it's really spick and span.

You should see it at Christmas -- driving north on that street, the snow gently falling, all the houses decorated so pretty -- and when you get to Hughes, the line literally goes from the sales counter, up the few stairs, out the door, down the driveway to the sidewalk, and more.  No one is bothered, though -- how could they be, being here at this time?  And most of them have been coming here all their lives.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/hughes-homaid-chocolate-shop-oshkosh?sort_by=rating_desc

It was always too bad that Ardy & Ed's is open mostly in the summer, and Hughes in the winter, but there are some times when one can hit them both.  Like right now, just before the drive-in closes, if anyone is nearby.
easydoesit
Double Cheeseburger
Re: 11/15/14 Fond du Lac E&G - Contingent on adequate interest 2014/10/14 09:05:29 (permalink)
JRPfeff
We may want to go to the EAA museum as a digestive interlude before Wendts. Or there's always the outlet malls and adult superstores near there.

Okay, I was trying to keep you away from that!  Trying for more uplifting things, like hamburgers, and candy.

But that museum is terrific.  I don't think Oshkosh Truck gives inside tours, but you can see the very big complex they have there.  I was always interested in this hill in the middle of a field, all driven over and rutted up -- they use the hill to "exercise" the vehicles from time to time before shipment, as the military insists on it.  I've never been able to decide if that would be a good job or not, up and down, up and down.... 

In the North Industrial Park is Pacur, the plastic company that was run by Ron Johnson, current U S Senator.  And a Wisconsin State prison.

Which reminds me about Fond du Lac -- Taycheedah is the women's prison there, and remember "Run Bambi, Run?  You can drive around the back and see the fence she shimmied over and was picked up at.  Of course, why would you want to?  We did, because we lived there.

ann peeples
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10403
Re: 11/15/14 Fond du Lac E&G - Contingent on adequate interest 2014/10/14 13:17:45 (permalink)
I would love to join in on this one. Nothing going on for me, but I would have to hitch a ride with someone...
BuddyRoadhouse
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6657
Re: 11/15/14 Fond du Lac E&G - Contingent on adequate interest 2014/10/14 13:34:18 (permalink)
Gotta see what the work schedule looks like for November.  If the pieces fit, we're in.

Buddy
abe_froeman
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 997
Re: 11/15/14 Fond du Lac E&G - Contingent on adequate interest 2014/10/14 20:23:51 (permalink)
Mr. Maki and I are in!

quijote
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 795
Re: 11/15/14 Fond du Lac E&G - Contingent on adequate interest 2014/10/14 20:59:03 (permalink)
I wish I could go, but I'm gonna be in Detroit that weekend.
Gyp
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 273
Re: 11/15/14 Fond du Lac E&G - Contingent on adequate interest 2014/10/15 06:37:58 (permalink)
I'm in
X1
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 986
Re: 11/15/14 Fond du Lac E&G - Contingent on adequate interest 2014/10/15 07:47:56 (permalink)
Sorry, that's Wine Dine WI weekend. Can't make it.
JRPfeff
Sirloin
Re: 11/15/14 Fond du Lac E&G - Contingent on adequate interest 2014/10/15 09:39:23 (permalink)
ann peeples
I would love to join in on this one. Nothing going on for me, but I would have to hitch a ride with someone...

Ann,

We'll find a way to get you there.

Jim
ann peeples
Porterhouse
Re: 11/15/14 Fond du Lac E&G - Contingent on adequate interest 2014/10/15 10:32:28 (permalink)
Thanks-really want to break bread with all of you again!
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
Re: 11/15/14 Fond du Lac E&G - Contingent on adequate interest 2014/10/15 11:02:05 (permalink)
quijote

Did you lose a bet or something?
joerogo
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5345
Re: 11/15/14 Fond du Lac E&G - Contingent on adequate interest 2014/10/15 15:18:08 (permalink)
ScreamingChicken
quijote

Did you lose a bet or something?

That one was just hovering over the plate 

Is there a start and finish time determined yet?
JRPfeff
Sirloin
Re: 11/15/14 Fond du Lac E&G - Contingent on adequate interest 2014/10/15 15:36:36 (permalink)
We are still getting the spreadsheet, PowerPoint and master integrated schedule together, but thinking right now is...

Held's and Widmer's are optional, maybe 10:30 or so.

Plan on Schreiner's for lunch at noon, expecting 90 minutes or so for our group to be served and back out the door.

Also plan on Wendt's for dinner. I expect we'll need a reservation.

We'll figure out the rest as preferences for stops are determined.
BuddyRoadhouse
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6657
Re: 11/15/14 Fond du Lac E&G - Contingent on adequate interest 2014/10/15 16:45:52 (permalink)
If we're available, this will be another overnighter for the Roadhouses.  We'll travel up on Friday so we're close by for an early start on Saturday.  I should know more toward the end of October.

Buddy

cjucoder
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 178
Re: 11/15/14 Fond du Lac E&G - Contingent on adequate interest 2014/10/16 07:03:17 (permalink)
I'll probably skip this outing.  I am just about to move, and will be trying to put my new house together that weekend.  Who knows, perhaps I'll need a break from all that and want to go anyway, but I likely won't have the energy.   I'll keep an eye on this thread just in case, because I hate missing these.  Really sounds like a fun day.

MilwFoodlovers
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3672
Re: 11/15/14 Fond du Lac E&G - Contingent on adequate interest 2014/10/17 12:47:31 (permalink)
A couple of new names for me. This sounds interesting. The prices at Tuckers seem beyond reasonable.
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
Re: 11/15/14 Fond du Lac E&G - Contingent on adequate interest 2014/10/17 15:05:56 (permalink)
JRPfeff
Also plan on Wendt's for dinner. I expect we'll need a reservation.
If the weather's lousy this might be a good reason for me to make it an overnight trip and work in a couple of additional places on Sunday.

Aimless wandering through Google Maps led me to Baker's Pride, if you're looking for possible additions to the itinerary.
easydoesit
Double Cheeseburger
Re: 11/15/14 Fond du Lac E&G - Contingent on adequate interest 2014/10/17 15:18:15 (permalink)
Excuse me, please, for interrupting once again, but my wife reminded me that I would make a mistake if I didn't mention this old time Fond du Lac staple.  And she is right.

It is one more example of that old time place that we all had growing up.  Didn't most towns have that favorite pizza place, that we tasted first, as kids and teenagers, and then craved forever?    

Fond du Lac has one, and it's a big one to the local folks -- Joe's Fox Hut Pizza:

http://www.joesfoxhut.com/

And Yelp:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/joes-fox-hut-fond-du-lac

Everyone seems to like them really a lot.  We tried to like them that much too, but they tasted like a lot of other pizzas that we could get, and it was good, but okay... it's got to be what you grew up with, I guess.

But it starts from a bar.  Joe's Fox Hut is a joint, on Main Street in Fond du Lac.  The pizza got very popular over the years, and is now also available frozen in many local outlets.

So one day instead of just picking it up (this would be fifteen or so years ago) we decided to have it at the original place, on Main.  The pizza was its usual good, but the place was a mess.  Not clean, torn menus, holes in the thin and worn old tablecloths, and we thought if this is how it is out where we are, how is it in the kitchen?

I'm sorry to slam them, and a spot on their webpage mentions "newly remodeled," so here's hoping for the best.

Anyway, now you know.  It is just up the street from a quite nice old style hotel, the Retlaw (which is just Walter spelled backwards).  It was a Radisson when I was there, maybe they went back to the original name, Retlaw, from long ago.  It's a nice place.  They have space in the adjacent parking ramp, quite convenient.
And another added attraction, right across Main from the hotel.  It might be worth a stop and a photograph, or maybe just a drive by.... It is an long time watering hole on Main, and Carrie Nation was here!  Okay, she and her friends did not actually wreck the place with hatchets, did not actually even go inside, but she was photographed wielding her axe outside the place.  That's pretty scary!  

If you go inside and ask, they will show you a copy of the original article.  Hey, you've got to go with what you've got, right?

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/19834

And then, November is close to Christmas...here is a popular shop that, when we were there, was the real McCoy.  I hope that is still the case.  They have an interesting story too:

http://www.kristmaskringle.com/

Sorry for the interruption, back to regular programming.  Except:

Also catty-corner from the hotel and a door or so away is a great bagel shop.  We would just buy their 'everything'  and put nothing on it, and just munch away.  It was better than an Egg McMuffin.  It was just great bread, with great enhancements.

http://www.bagelmeister.com/

And further south on Main, near the Christmas shop, is Gilles drive-in, don't know when they close, or if there is a relation to the one in Milwaukee.  

https://www.facebook.com/gillesfrozencustard

Sorry.  That's enough.  Out of here.
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
Re: 11/15/14 Fond du Lac E&G - Contingent on adequate interest 2014/10/17 15:23:27 (permalink)
Thanks for the info!  Even if we don't stop at many places this time I'll be headed up to Appleton in about 3 months or so and I'll have some chances.
easydoesit
Double Cheeseburger
Re: 11/15/14 Fond du Lac E&G - Contingent on adequate interest 2014/10/19 08:07:49 (permalink)
One last thing -- some folks might want to bring some extra money, as South Main Street in FdL is home to their regionally well-known "Miracle Mile."  

It started in 1993, with the Powerball jackpot win of 111 million, which was a record at that time.  We moved there in 1995, and remember the frenzy quite well.  Ticket buyers came from everywhere, especially Chicago, and most did not even go into the stores, as the store owners would print off a thousand or so tickets at a time, and stand outside to sell them.

There were other big pots, and lots of small ones, and looks like it's still going on:

http://www.fdlmiraclemile.com/

http://www.wisn.com/news/south-east-wisconsin/ozaukee-washington/People-flock-to-miracle-mile-for-lottery-tickets/17583252

It's all on South Main.  The original 111 million was from a Sentry store on Main, which is now a fire station on the east side of the street.  You will see from the website page that most of the winnings were at 506 South Main.  That was the original Ma's and Pa's location, and they were like the epicenter.  And they also used to win prizes for their fried chicken, but too bad, Ma & Pa retired, and it's a different store now.

If you look at the address for the 111 million, it says "311 Winnebago Drive."  I can't believe they allow that mistake to exist.  I was there, and saw it all.  There were two Sentry Stores, and the one on Main (815 South Main) was torn down to become a fire station.  We used to shop at both Sentrys, South and North.  You just can't get good help these days.

To get there, you take the first exit off Hwy 41, which is Hwy 151.  Directions are on the website, and it's easy.  It will take you right up Main and past all the places listed.  

That route will also get you to the Tuckers location at Main and Pioneer.  Then if you go straight north on Main up to Johnson Street (Hwy 23) you will also pass the Retlaw Hotel and the other places mentioned nearby.  

Then turning left (west) on Johnson will take you past the other (and original) Tucker's location on the way to Schreiners.

Or, skipping Main Street, can just proceed on Hwy 41 up to the Johnson St/Hwy 23 exit, and Schreiners is right there.

ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
Re: 11/15/14 Fond du Lac E&G - Contingent on adequate interest 2014/10/20 18:48:47 (permalink)
Looks like we're in for 2.  I convinced Mrs. C to request Saturday and part of Sunday off and with the holiday shopping season starting to pick up it might be her last chance to get away for awhile, so we're going to make a short weekend of it.
JRPfeff
Sirloin
Re: 11/15/14 Fond du Lac E&G - Contingent on adequate interest 2014/10/20 20:05:51 (permalink)
Pie Diva suggested The Contingent (except for ScreamingChicken) may want to make a stop for this ...

Acai Blueberry-Acai blueberry ice cream (summer seasonal)
Amie’s Amaretto – Amaretto ice cream with chocolate flakes and Maraschino cherries
Apple Raisin Strudel-Vanilla ice cream with raisins, apples and graham cracker crunch (fall seasonal)
Apple Turnover-Vanilla ice cream with apple turnovers and an apple swirl
Apricot-Apricot Ice Cream (summer seasonal)
Baby Sunny Apple- Vanilla Ice Cream with snickers, Sunflower Seeds and Apples
Banana-Banana ice cream
Banana Cream Pie- Banana Ice Cream with a Marshmallow Swirl and graham Crust Pieces
Bananas Foster-Vanilla Banana ice cream with bananas, caramel, cinnamon and a hint of rum
Banana Nut French Toast- French Toast Ice Cream with Banana pieces, Pecans and a Caramel Swirl
Banana Walnut-Banana ice cream with walnut pieces
Barnyard Bash- Maple Walnut ice cream with pieces of pancakes, waffles, French toast, and walnuts.
Bear Claw- Chocolate ice cream with Caramel and Cashews
Betsy’s Blueberry – Blueberry ice cream with blueberry bits
Black and Tan-Dark Chocolate and Coffee Ice Cream swirled
Black Angus- Chocolate ice cream with Oreos
Blackberry Pie-Blackberry Ice cream with Vanilla cake crunch and pie pieces
Black Cherry –Black Cherry ice cream with bordeaux cherries
Black Cherry Vanilla-Vanilla ice cream with bordeaux cherries
Black Forest- Chocolate ice cream with Brownies and Bordeaux Cherries
Black Licorice-Black licorice ice cream with black licorice pieces
Black Raspberry – Black raspberry ice cream
Black Raspberry Cheesecake- Cheesecake Ice cream with a Black Raspberry and Graham Cracker Swirl
Black Walnut-Vanilla ice cream with black walnuts
Bleu Cheese Pear- Pear ice cream with caramelized pears and Sartori blue cheese crumbles
Blonde Brownie- Blonde Brownie Ice Cream with white chocolate chips and walnuts
Blood Orange- Blood Orange ice cream (summer seasonal)
Blueberry Almond- Blueberry Ice Cream with Sliced Almonds
Blueberry Cheesecake – Cheesecake ice cream with blueberry and graham cracker swirl
Blueberry Delight-White cake batter ice cream with blueberries and vanilla cake crunch
Blueberry Turnover- Vanilla ice cream with blueberry turnovers and a blueberry swirl
Blue Velvet:  Blue Velvet Ice Cream with Blue Velvet Cake Pieces and a Cream Cheese Swirl
Boysenberry- Boysenberry ice cream (summer seasonal)
Brown Swiss- Chocolate malt ice cream with whoppers
Brownie Batter- Brownie Batter ice cream with brownie pieces and a chocolate swirl
Butter Brittle – Butter and brown sugar ice cream with toffee pieces
Butterscotch – Butterscotch ice cream
Butterscotch Coconut Crunch- Butterscotch ice cream with coconut crunch
Butter-Finger Pecan- Vanilla Ice Cream with Butterfinger and Pecans
Cake Batter-Yellow cake batter ice cream
Candy Bar – Chocolate ice cream with Heath, Butterfinger, Snickers, M&M, and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
Candy Cane Lane-White Mint Ice Cream with chocolate flakes and Crushed candy cane pieces (winter seasonal)
Cantaloupe-Cantaloupe ice cream (summer seasonal)
Caramel Apple Cheesecake- Cheesecake Ice Cream with Spiced Apples, Caramel, and Graham Cracker Pieces (fall seasonal)
Caramel Apple Pie- Cinnamon ice cream with spiced apples, graham cracker swirl and a caramel swirl (fall seasonal)
Caramel/Caramel Swirl-Caramel ice cream with a caramel swirl
Caramel Cookie Crunch-Vanilla ice cream with Twix candy bar pieces, vanilla cake crunch and a caramel swirl
Caramel Pretzel Cluster- Carmel ice cream with chocolate covered pretzels and caramel swirl
Carrot Cake- Carrot cake ice cream with carrot cake pieces, cream cheese frosting and walnuts
ChaCha- Rum Chata Ice Cream
Chai Tea- Chai Tea ice cream
Cherry Cheesecake- Cheesecake ice cream with Cherry and Graham cracker swirl
Cherry Licorice- Cherry licorice ice cream with cherry licorice pieces
Cherry Pie A La Mode- Vanilla Ice Cream with Cherry Pie Filling and Pie Pieces
Cherry Vanilla-Vanilla ice cream with maraschino cherry halves
Cheesecake with Oreos- Cheesecake Ice Cream with Oreos
Cheesecake with Snickers- Cheesecake Ice Cream with Snickers
Chew Your Cud – Bubble gum ice cream with bubble gum pieces
Chocolate Almond-Chocolate Ice cream with Roasted and Diced Almonds
Chocolate Andes- Chocolate ice cream with Andes candy pieces (winter seasonal)
Chocolate Baby Ruth- Chocolate Ice Cream with Baby Ruth pieces
Chocolate Butterfinger- Chocolate ice cream with Butterfinger candy bar pieces
Chocolate Caramel Cup- Chocolate Ice Cream with Caramel Cups and a Caramel Swirl
Chocolate Caramel Crunch-Chocolate ice cream with Nestle Crunch bar pieces and a caramel swirl
Chocolate Caramel Swirl- Chocolate Caramel Swirl
Chocolate Cheesecake w/Raspberry –Chocolate Cheesecake ice cream with a Raspberry Swirl
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake-Cheesecake Ice Cream with Chocolate Flakes
Chocolate Chocolate Chip -Chocolate ice cream with chocolate flakes
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie- Chocolate Cookie Dough Ice Cream with Cookie Dough and Chocolate Flakes
Chocolate Covered Banana- Chocolate Ice Cream with a Chocolate Syrup Swirl, Chopped nuts and banana pieces
Chocolate Covered Oranges- Dreamsicle Ice Cream with a Fudge Swirl
Chocolate Covered Potato Chip- Caramel ice cream with caramel swirl and chocolate covered potato chips
Chocolate Covered Strawberry- Chocolate ice cream with strawberries
Chocolate Fudge Ripple-Chocolate Ice Cream with a Fudge Ripple
Chocolate Hazelnut- Chocolate Hazelnut ice cream with Hazelnuts
Chocolate Heath – Chocolate ice cream with Heath candy bar pieces
Chocolate M & M – Chocolate ice cream with M & M pieces
Chocolate Malt – Chocolate malt ice cream
Chocolate Mint- Chocolate ice cream with a Mint Swirl (winter seasonal)
Chocolate Peanut Butter cup-Chocolate Ice Cream with a peanut butter cup
Chocolate Peanut Butter swirl – Chocolate ice cream with peanut butter swirl
Chocolate Snickers – Chocolate ice cream with Snickers candy bar pieces
Christmas Pudding- Rum flavored ice cream with dried fruit and walnuts (winter seasonal)
Cinnamon – Cinnamon ice cream
Cinnamon Chocolate Chip-Cinnamon ice cream with chocolate flakes
Clark’s Calf Crunch – Vanilla ice cream with caramel and fudge swirls and peanuts
Coconut Caramel Daisy- Vanilla Ice Cream with Girl Scout Samoa Cookies and a Chocolate Syrup Swirl
Coconut Cream Pie- Coconut ice cream with graham cracker pieces
Coffee- Coffee ice cream
Coffee Toffee – Coffee ice cream with Heath Bar Bits
Country Bumpkin Pumpkin – Pumpkin ice cream with spices (fall seasonal)
Cow Jumped Over The Moon – Blue moon ice cream with pop rocks
Cranberry Walnut-Cranberry ice cream with cranberries and walnuts (fall seasonal)
Cran-Raspberry-Cran-Raspberry Ice Cream
Cream Soda- Cream Soda Ice Cream
Dark Chocolate- Dark Chocolate Ice Cream
Death By Chocolate- Dark Chocolate ice cream with white chocolate chips, chocolate flakes, and hot fudge
Dinosaur Crunch- Blue Vanilla Ice cream with Vanilla Cake Crunch
Dirt Cup-Chocolate Ice Cream with Oreos and Gummy Worms
Double Dunker-Mocha Ice Cream with Oreos and Cookie Dough
Dumpster Dive-Chocolate ice cream with brownies, Cookie Dough and Reese’s pieces
Éclair- Bavarian Cream Ice Cream with pieces of Éclairs and Chocolate Swirl
Eggnog- Eggnog ice cream (winter seasonal)
Emerald Isle- Lime, Orange Dreamsicle, and Vanilla Swirl Ice Cream
Firecracker Special- Vanilla ice cream with a blueberry and strawberry swirls and red and blue sprinkles (summer seasonal)
Fluffer Nutter- Peanut butter ice cream with a marshmallow swirl and nutter butter pieces
Four C’s- Chocolate ice cream with chocolate flakes and bordeaux cherries
French Toast your Way- French Toast Ice Cream with Chocolate Caramel Cups, Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal, and a Caramel Swirl
French Vanilla Cappuccino Crunch- French Vanilla Ice Cream with Cappuccino Crunch
Gateway Glacier-Chocolate malt ice cream with whoppers, dry roasted peanuts and a caramel swirl
German Chocolate Cake – German chocolate ice cream with toasted coconut and pecan pieces
Good Ol’ Goodie- Maple Ice Cream with Milk Chocolate Flakes and Virginia Peanuts
Graham Central Station- Graham Cracker ice cream with graham cracker pieces
Go Nuts- Chocolate Ice Cream with Mixed Nuts
Grape- Grape Ice Cream (summer seasonal)
Grapefruit-Grapefruit Ice Cream (summer seasonal)
Grasshopper – Mint ice cream with Oreo cookie pieces
Gravel Road – Chocolate ice cream with a marshmallow swirl, chocolate flakes, and almonds
Green Apple- Green apple ice cream with a caramel swirl (fall seasonal)
Green Dragon- Lemon lime ice cream with sprinkles
Haystack – Coconut ice cream with a chocolate swirl and almonds
Heidi’s Holiday Mint – Mint ice cream with red and green mint pieces (winter seasonal)
Holstein – Vanilla ice cream with Oreo cookies
Honey Cinnamon-Honey cinnamon Ice Cream
Honey Wagon – Honey ice cream (made with local honey)
Hot Chocolate- Hot Chocolate Ice Cream with Mini Marshmallows (winter seasonal)
Hush Puppies- Chocolate ice cream with heath pieces, chocolate covered peanuts and Crisp Rice
In a Cloud – Cotton candy ice cream with sprinkles
Itty Bitty Pieces- Chocolate Ice Cream with a Peanut Butter Swirl and Reese’s Pieces
Jack-O-Lantern-Orange dreamsicle ice cream with a marshmallow swirl and chocolate flakes (fall seasonal)
Jalapeño- Jalapeno Ice cream
Jittery Snickers- Coffee ice cream with snickers
Kahlua Almond Fudge-Kahlua ice cream with almonds and fudge
Karen’s Crazy Cake –Yellow Cake batter ice cream with homemade cake pieces, a homemade buttercream frosting swirl and sprinkles
Kat’s Meow- Vanilla and Chocolate swirl ice cream with Kit Kats
Kelley Bear- Pink cotton candy Ice cream with gummy bears
Kelley’s Irish Cream – Irish Cream ice cream, made with Irish cream liquor
Key Lime- Key Lime ice cream with graham cracker swirl (summer seasonal)
Kiwi Strawberry – Kiwi ice cream made with fresh kiwi and a strawberry swirl (summer seasonal)
Lee’s Mint – Mint ice cream (Named after our first customer)
Lemon- Lemon ice cream (summer seasonal)
Lemon Blue- Lemon Ice Cream with a Blueberry Swirl (summer seasonal)
Lemon Meringue Pie- Lemon ice cream with graham cracker pieces and a marshmallow swirl (summer seasonal)
Leo’s Butter Pecan – Grandpa Leo’s favorite, Butter pecan ice cream with roasted and salted pecan pieces
Lets Go Cow Tipping- Mint Tippy Cow Ice cream
Lieym Bug Purple Hippo- Grape ice cream with sprinkles
Little Farmer Apple Pie-Vanilla ice cream with Little Farmer Apple Pie (fall seasonal)
Lo Carb – No Sugar Added Ice Cream- Vanilla Ice Cream
Lo Carb- No Sugar Added Ice Cream- Vanilla Chocolate Swirl- Vanilla ice cream with a sugar free chocolate syrup

Malted Oreo-Chocolate Malt with Oreos
Mango-Mango flavored ice cream (summer seasonal)
Maple Bacon- Maple (Made with real local maple syrup) ice cream with real Eden Meat Market bacon
Maple Walnut – Maple (Made with real local maple syrup) ice cream with walnut pieces
Marshmallow-Marshmallow ice cream (fall seasonal)
Merry-Go-Round- White Cake Batter ice cream with pink sprinkles and frosted pink and white animal cookies
Mexican Hot Chocolate- Chocolate Ice Cream with a Hot Pepper Punch
Midnight Milking-Chocolate ice cream with Milky Way candy bars and a caramel swirl
Milking Time-Vanilla ice cream with Milky Way candy bars and caramel
Mint Brownie- Mint ice cream with brownies and chocolate syrup
Mint Chocolate Cheesecake- Cheesecake Ice Cream with a Cream de Mint swirl and Chocolate Flakes
Mint Chocolate Chip- Mint ice cream with chocolate flakes
Mint Explosion- Mint Ice Cream with a fudge swirl, M&Ms and Oreos
Mint Marshmallow- Mint ice cream with Chocolate Syrup and Marshmallow
Mint Scout- Vanilla Ice Cream with Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies and a Creme de Mint Swirl
Molly’s Moo Mocha – Chocolate coffee ice cream
Monster Cookie- Peanut Butter ice cream with fudge and monster cookie pieces
Moo Brew- Stout Beer Ice Cream
Moo Cookie Chip –Cookie dough ice cream with chocolate flakes and cookie dough pieces
Moo Luau – Banana Split ice cream, Vanilla ice cream with strawberry, banana, pineapple with a chocolate swirl (summer seasonal)
Mrs. Chippy’s Chocolate Caramel Corn- Caramel Ice Cream with a Hard Chocolate Swirl, Chocolate Caramel Cups, and Chippy’s Chocolate Covered Caramel Corn
Mud Pie- Mocha Ice Cream with Graham Cracker pieces and a Fudge Swirl
Neon Nightcrawler-Sour Blue Raspberry Ice Cream with Sour Gummy Worms
Nerd Herd- Vanilla ice cream with Nerds
Nettie’s Nutty-Caramel ice cream with coconut, mixed nuts, and fudge
Oatmeal Raisin Cookie-Oatmeal Cookie Ice Cream with Oatmeal and Raisins
Orange Chocolate Chip- Orange ice cream with mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (fall seasonal)
Orange Dreamsicle- Orange Dreamsicle ice cream (summer seasonal)
Pack Rat- Vanilla Ice Cream with a Fudge and Caramel Swirl, Brownies, Oreos, and Cookie Dough
Pasture Pie- Dark Chocolate with a coconut swirl
Peach-Peach flavored ice cream (Summer Seasonal)
Peach Pie- Peach ice cream with peach bits and homemade pie crust pieces (summer seasonal)
Peach Praline- Peach Ice Cream with Diced Peaches and Pralines (Summer seasonal)
Peanut Butter and Jelly-Vanilla ice cream with a peanut butter swirl and a grape or raspberry or strawberry jelly swirl
Peanut Butter Explosion Cheesecake- Cheesecake Ice Cream with a Fudge swirl, Peanut Butter Cups, and Reese’s Pieces
Peanut Butter Fudge – Peanut butter ice cream with a fudge swirl
Peanut Butter Peanut Butter Cup-Peanut butter ice cream with peanut butter cups
Pecan Roll-Cinnamon Ice Cream with Pecans and a Caramel Swirl (fall seasonal)
Peppermint Bark-White Chocolate ice cream with candy cane pieces and chocolate flakes (winter Seasonal)
Peppermint Cookie- Chocolate Ice Cream with Crushed Candy Canes and Oreos (winter seasonal)
Peppy Mint- White Mint with Peppermint Patties
Pina Colada- Pina Colada Ice Cream with Pineapple and Toasted Coconut (summer seasonal)
Pineapple Coconut- Pineapple Coconut Ice Cream (summer seasonal)
Pineapple Orange- orange pineapple ice cream with bits of orange and pineapple (Summer seasonal)
Pineapple Upsidedown Cake-Pineapple Ice Cream with Pineapple Cake, Pineapple, and Maraschino Cherries
Pitchfork Pistachio – Pistachio ice cream with pistachios
Plum-Plum Ice Cream (summer seasonal)
Pomegranate- Pomegranate Ice Cream (summer seasonal)
Pralines and Cream- Vanilla Ice Cream with a Caramel Swirl and Pralines
Pucker Up!- Sour Cherry Ice Cream with Sour Patch Kids
Pumpkin Bar- Pumpkin Ice Cream with Walnuts and a Cream Cheese Swirl (fall seasonal)
Pumpkin Cheesecake- Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice cream with a Graham Cracker Swirl(fall seasonal)
Pumpkin Pecan-Pumpkin ice cream with spices and pecans (Fall seasonal)
Puppy Tracks- Vanilla Ice Cream with a Fudge and Peanut Butter Swirl and Puppy Chow
Raspberry Cheesecake – Cheesecake ice cream with raspberry and graham cracker swirl
Raspberry Chip-Raspberry Ice Cream with Chocolate Flakes
Raspberry Lemonade- Lemon ice cream with raspberry swirl (Summer seasonal)
Raspberry Pomegranate- Raspberry Pomegranate Ice Cream with a Raspberry Swirl (summer seasonal)
Raspberry Swirl-Vanilla ice cream with a raspberry swirl
Raspberry Truffle-Raspberry ice cream with a Chocolate swirl and Dark Chocolate Raspberry mini cups
Raspberry Turnover-Vanilla ice cream with Raspberry Turnovers and a Raspberry swirl
Red Raspberry – Red raspberry ice cream
Red Velvet- Red Velvet ice cream with cream cheese frosting and red velvet cake pieces
Robins Egg- Vanilla Malt Ice Cream with Colored Whopper Pieces
Root Beer- Root Beer Ice Cream (summer seasonal)
Rum Raisin- Rum ice cream with raisins (winter seasonal)
Salt Water Taffy- Salt Water Taffy Ice Cream (summer seasonal)
Salted Caramel Cashew- Salted Caramel Ice cream with a caramel swirl and cashews
Seven Layer Bar- Coconut Ice Cream with Butterscotch Chips, Graham Cracker Swirl, Toasted Coconut, Chocolate Flakes, and Walnuts
Slow Moving Vehicle – The Turtle, vanilla ice cream with fudge, caramel swirls with pecans
S’mores-Chocolate ice cream with marshmallow swirl, graham crackers, and Chocolate flakes
Snow Mountain Apple-Snow Mountain apple ice cream (fall Seasonal)
Speedy Turtle- Caramel Ice Cream with a Fudge Swirl and Pecans
Strawberry Angel Food-Angel food ice cream with a strawberry swirl
Strawberry Banana- Banana Ice Cream with a Strawberry Swirl (summer seasonal)
Strawberry Cheesecake- Cheesecake ice cream with strawberry and graham cracker swirl
Strawberry Daiquiri- Strawberry Daiquiri (summer seasonal)
Strawberry Fields – Strawberry ice cream with strawberry pieces
Strawberry Margarita- Tequila Margarita Ice Cream with Strawberry Flavoring (summer seasonal)
Strawberry Rhubarb Kuchen-Vanilla ice cream with homemade strawberry rhubarb kuchen pieces and a strawberry rhubarb swirl (made with local rhubarb and strawberries when available, spring/summer seasonal)
Strawberry Swirl –Vanilla ice cream with a strawberry swirl
Stuck in the Mud- Chocolate Ice Cream with Fudge and Chocolate Covered Pretzels
Stuffed Teddy-Marshmallow ice cream with a Fudge swirl and Teddy Grahams
Sugar Gem- Cookie Dough Ice Cream with sugar cookie pieces and sprinkles (winter seasonal)
Super Moo-Cherry Ice Cream, Blue Moon ice cream and Lemon ice cream swirled
Sunset- Pineapple Orange Ice cream with Raspberry Swirl (summer seasonal)
Sweet Corn-Buttered sweet corn ice cream with real sweet corn (Aug/Sept Season)
Sweet Potato Pie-Sweet potato ice cream with a marshmallow swirl (fall seasonal)
Swing Lime Sweet Cherry-it- Lime Ice Cream with a hard cherry swirl
Swinging Monkey-Banana ice cream with a peanut butter and fudge swirl
Take Away- Salted Pretzel Ice Cream with Chocolate Covered Pretzels, Virginia Peanuts and a Peanut Butter and Caramel Swirl
Tequila Margarita- Tequila Margarita Ice cream (summer seasonal)
The Marsh- Chocolate Ice Cream with Chocolate Rocks, Peanut Butter Chips, Dark Chocolate Chips, and Green Sprinkles
Three Angels- (In loving memory of Katie Berg, Sabrina Stahl, and Caitlin Scannell) Pink Cake Batter Ice Cream with Marshmallows, Marshmallow swirl, and Purple Sprinkles
Tim’s Turkey Trot- Butterscotch ice cream with mixed nuts
Tiramisu-Cappuccino Tiramisu ice cream with lady fingers, a chocolate espresso swirl and a mascarpone cheese frosting swirl and liquor
Toffee Fudge Swirl-Vanilla Ice Cream with Heath Pieces and a fudge swirl
Turkey Lurkey- Vanilla Ice cream with chocolate covered waffle cone pieces, caramel and hot fudge swirl, and Spanish peanuts
Turtle Cheesecake-Cheesecake ice cream with a caramel and hot fudge swirl and roasted and salted pecans
Twisted Cherry- Vanilla Ice Cream with a Marshmallow swirl, Chocolate Covered Pretzels, and Maraschino Cherries
Ty’s Chocolate Marshmallow-Chocolate ice cream with marshmallow swirl
Udderly Comforting Chocolate – Creamy chocolate ice cream
Vanilla Black Raspberry-Vanilla Ice Cream with a Black Raspberry Swirl
Vanilla Caramel Swirl- Vanilla Ice Cream with a Caramel Swirl
Vanilla Chocolate Chip- Vanilla Ice cream with chocolate Flakes
Vanilla Choco-Scotch-Vanilla ice cream with a chocolate and butterscotch swirl
Vanilla Fudge Ripple-Vanilla ice cream with a fudge ripple
Vanilla Snickers – Vanilla ice cream with Snickers pieces
Watermelon-Watermelon ice cream (Summer seasonal)
Wedded Bliss- Strawberry Ice Cream with strawberries and Chocolate Flakes
Wedding Cake- White Cake Batter Ice Cream with White Cake Pieces and a Raspberry Swirl
White Chocolate Raspberry – White chocolate ice cream with a raspberry swirl
Whitewash Vanilla – Premium farmstead vanilla ice cream
Wild Berry- Wild Berry Ice Cream (summer seasonal)
Wild Tart- Vanilla Ice Cream with strawberry swirl and wild berry Pop Tarts
Zebra- Vanilla Ice Cream with Devil’s Food Cake
Alas, Kelley's Country Creamery only offers 22 flavors daily. So you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

Kelley's Country Creamery
W5215 County Road B
FOND DU LAC, WI 54937
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
Re: 11/15/14 Fond du Lac E&G - Contingent on adequate interest 2014/10/21 09:01:25 (permalink)
I'll sit in the car and eat a pound of raw hamburger while I'm waiting.
ann peeples
Porterhouse
Re: 11/15/14 Fond du Lac E&G - Contingent on adequate interest 2014/10/21 09:19:27 (permalink)
If the flavors Jim posted were from Cedar Valley, their store is fun to poke around in. And they have the BEST string cheese I have ever had.
buffetbuster
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 12613
Re: 11/15/14 Fond du Lac E&G - Contingent on adequate interest 2014/10/22 06:24:35 (permalink)
Holy schniekes!  What a list of ice cream flavors.  I would be all over that raspberry truffle.
Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 7
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5