12 Best Pie Shops in America

Author
Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 11954
2015/08/09 18:15:37 (permalink)

12 Best Pie Shops in America

This one's GUARANTEED to start a fight!
This header should read, " 12 Best Pie Shops in Larger Cities in America Because We're too LAZY to Go Out into The Real America to Find The Best Great Pie Shops"
http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/the-12-best-pie-shops-in-america/ss-AAdzAic#image=1
Let the Pie Fight Begin!

10 Replies Related Threads

Davydd
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6803
    Re: 12 Best Pie Shops in America 2015/08/09 18:54:55 (permalink)
    I defer to the master, Buffetbuster.
    buffetbuster
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 12323
    Re: 12 Best Pie Shops in America 2015/08/10 05:58:26 (permalink)
    Only three of these are from New York City?  When, oh, when will NYC finally get some recognition from these people!!!

I've been to both Tartine and Red Truck Bakery, which are both fantastic, but did not try the pie in either one.  Not Just Pie in Monroe, LA was on my radar last Summer while in Shreveport, but wasn't able to fit it in.  Cousin Johnny and I will be back in the area in a few months, so we may have to move it up the list.

Any Contingent members been to Manderfield's Home Bakery in Fox Valley, WI?

It's hard to take serious a best pie list that doesn't include even one entry from Arkansas.
    Happyhorn52
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 10
    Re: 12 Best Pie Shops in America 2018/02/04 01:05:13 (permalink)
    They left out my favorite, the flying saucer in Houston. Fantastic pies at extremely low prices. 

ChiTownDiner
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5154
    Re: 12 Best Pie Shops in America 2018/02/04 09:06:14 (permalink)
    buffetbuster
    Only three of these are from New York City?  When, oh, when will NYC finally get some recognition from these people!!!

I've been to both Tartine and Red Truck Bakery, which are both fantastic, but did not try the pie in either one.  Not Just Pie in Monroe, LA was on my radar last Summer while in Shreveport, but wasn't able to fit it in.  Cousin Johnny and I will be back in the area in a few months, so we may have to move it up the list.

It's hard to take serious a best pie list that doesn't include even one entry from Arkansas.

Or TWFCPT...The World Famous Chicago Pie Triangle! 
    MetroplexJim
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7027
    Re: 12 Best Pie Shops in America 2018/02/04 10:27:14 (permalink)
    Davydd
    I defer to the master, Buffetbuster.

"Ditto"!
    And speaking of whom ...

buffetbuster

I'm looking forward to hearing about that new place you discovered near the Metro29 in Arlington.

I'm guessing it's Living the Pie Life - which looks to be a worthy addition to that little shopping area just south of my old 'hood'.  Also there are two of my old faves: Pastries by Randolph and the Heidelberg Pastry Shoppe.  Why oh why did I ever move to Dallas instead of just buying a condo in SW FL for the winter?
    MetroplexJim
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7027
    Re: 12 Best Pie Shops in America 2018/02/04 10:32:11 (permalink)
    buffetbuster

Hey, at least there weren't also two from Austin!

buffetbuster
    Fire Safety Admin
    Re: 12 Best Pie Shops in America 2018/02/05 06:50:06 (permalink)
    ChiTownDiner
    buffetbuster

Or TWFCPT...The World Famous Chicago Pie Triangle! 

That is a bit surprising.  Considering how they like to pick based on where the most people live, not the necessarily the best places, how could they leave out a couple of truly worthwhile pie shops like Bang Bang and Hoosier Mama?
    buffetbuster
    Fire Safety Admin
    Re: 12 Best Pie Shops in America 2018/02/05 07:20:54 (permalink)
    Just off the top of my head, here is my favorite twelve.  In no particular order:

1. Bang Bang Pie Shop - Chicago, IL
    2. Elegant Farmer - Mukwanago, WI
    3. Emporium Pies - Dallas, TX
    4. Family Pie Shop - DeValls Bluff, AR
    5. Homemade Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen - Louisville, KY
    6. Hoosier Mama Pie Company - Chicago, IL
    7. Julian Pie Company - Santa Ysabel, CA
    8. Livin' the Pie Life - Arlington, VA
    9. Ms. Lena's Pies - DeValls Bluff, AR
    10. Pie Folks - Cordova, TN
    11. Pie Hole - Los Angeles, CA
    12. Stockholm Pie Company - Stockholm, WI

BTW, I consider pie shops and restaurants that serve pie two different things.  That would be a completely different list.
    Wintahaba
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 812
    Re: 12 Best Pie Shops in America 2018/02/05 13:25:46 (permalink)
    buffetbuster

Cliff, I have had various rolls and breads, which are tremendous. Never had the pie yet...time to try...pie.
    buffetbuster
    Fire Safety Admin
    Re: 12 Best Pie Shops in America 2018/02/05 13:29:30 (permalink)
    Wintahaba-
    Please let us know how the pies are once you try them.  I need to get there myself.
    Jump to:
    © 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5