15 Breakfast Spots in Connecticut

Author
The Travelin Man
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3941
2016/05/03 15:11:06 (permalink)

15 Breakfast Spots in Connecticut

What if someone posted a list of places...and it actually looked like a decent enough list?

These 15 Amazing Breakfast Spots In Connecticut Will Make Your Morning Epic

Forgive the Buzzfeed-like title because the article doesn't read that way. A friend took me to Harvest Cafe and Bakery in Simsbury last year and sent me the article because of that. Our breakfast was excellent, and if the other places on the list are of the same caliber, I would say that this might be a good list! 

4 Replies Related Threads

Ketteract
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1072
    Re: 15 Breakfast Spots in Connecticut 2016/05/03 15:18:38 (permalink)
    Wow, all my diner exploration and I've still only been to two of the places on this list!  

Cosmic Omelet in Manchester is solid, though I wouldn't venture outside the omelets (their biscuits and gravy left something to be desired).  And I have to take exception to Mo's Midtown - if you're in the Hartford area, then Effie's Place in West Hartford beats Mo's and possibly all the rest of the local competition.  Easily the best hash I've had in the state.
    TnTinCT
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 702
    Re: 15 Breakfast Spots in Connecticut 2016/05/04 08:20:32 (permalink)
    We've hit four of them - Dottie's most recently just last week, which was very good. The Simsbury place does a nice breakfast, but you'll never get in there on the weekend without a really long wait - they do have some nice baked goods for take out, particularly their breads. I have to agree with Ketteract on Mo's, not really memorable for us. Cosmic Omelet is ok; I actually prefer the place across the parking lot for breakfast - The Gathering Restaurant. We haven't tried Effie's Place, will have to put that on the list.
    The Travelin Man
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3941
    Re: 15 Breakfast Spots in Connecticut 2016/05/07 10:46:31 (permalink)
    My friend told me that the wait at Harvest Cafe could be brutal on the weekends, but my local diner has a wait on weekends at peak times, too. Heck, I had to wait in line at Pancake Pantry when I was in Nashville a few weeks ago...on a random Tuesday morning after most people would likely have to be at work. To downgrade a place like that would seemingly be because they are just //too// popular! ;-)
    tmiles
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2670
    Re: 15 Breakfast Spots in Connecticut 2016/05/07 11:15:37 (permalink)
    I have gone past Shire in Putnam. It is not too far, so I'll have to try it. Maybe some of these places will be on the list that another member is putting together for a local gathering this summer.
    Jump to:
    © 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5