20 Must Try Restaurants Along Illinois Route 66

Author
Root-Beer Man
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1257
2017/11/19 12:02:14 (permalink)

20 Must Try Restaurants Along Illinois Route 66

Here's an interesting list for the Illinoisians and visitors to Illinois. A list of some of the better Roadfood worthy restaurants along the Mother Road in Illinois. Any commentary on them, (the blurbs in the article are rather short).

https://rebootillinois.co...ong-illinois-route-66/

2 Replies Related Threads

BuddyRoadhouse
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5831
    Re: 20 Must Try Restaurants Along Illinois Route 66 2017/11/19 14:04:38 (permalink)
    This is a very timely list for Mrs. Roadhouse and myself.  Our annual Holiday trip to Kansas City is coming up and we'll need some new suggestions for dining stops.  For the last ten years or so, our routine was to stop in Springfield and meet up for dinner with The Dr. of BBQ, either at his incredible food truck, or at some local restaurant of his choosing.

With the good Dr.'s passing, I'm now at sea when it comes to Roadfood in the central part of my state.  We've been to The Cozy Dog and Ariston Cafe (never been to Jubelt's, even though they are neighbors), and I know ScreamingChicken speaks highly of Palms Grill in Atlanta.  Now we've got a whole list to work through in trips to come.

Thanks RBMan for shining a culinary light on my darkened path from Chicago to KC.

Buddy
    ScreamingChicken
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8105
    Re: 20 Must Try Restaurants Along Illinois Route 66 2017/11/19 15:56:14 (permalink)
    I stopped at Whirl-A-Whip last month but it was only for a malt, so I can't comment about the food.  It does appear to be a year-round operation, though.
    Jump to:
    © 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5