Helpful ReplyHot!2019 Crawl Discussion - ***Minneapolis / St. Paul***

Page: << < ..1112 Showing page 12 of 12
Author
saps
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1610
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2018/06/13 15:20:37 (permalink)
JRPfeff
saps
Cool! Just like the old days of Roadfood, with childish fighting and people acting like seven year-olds.  

Love the pathetic act that someone would actually take the time and effort to get people to change their votes so it's skewed to the place where said individual wants to go.  What a loser move. Freaking get on a plane or hop in your car and just go by yourself if it's so important to you. 

Meanwhile, the guy who's crying about "DISRESPECT" was eliminating people's votes because he subjectively decided that they were less likely to attend.  Regardless of whether he put them back or not, does it get any more disrespectful or arrogant than to judge their vote and remove it?

And then the "Oh, I'm not confident we can make it to any event" passive-aggressive retaliation.

The good news is that several of you deserve to go on this broken trip together, whatever city that is when you figure out how not to screw and backstab each other.

Passive aggressive my butt. I am on a fixed income now and do not know if it will be in the budget next year, if you really want to know.

Right.  So it just coincidentally comes up in the middle of all of this.  I believe you were in London in 2018.  My guess is that you can handle the expense of a far away and expensive trip to Minneapolis-St. Paul. 

JRPfeff
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5227
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2018/06/13 15:21:44 (permalink)
Circumstances change.
BuddyRoadhouse
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6080
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2018/06/13 15:27:41 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby nagle 2018/06/13 19:09:16
saps
Cool! Just like the old days of Roadfood, with childish fighting and people acting like seven year-olds.  

Love the pathetic act that someone would actually take the time and effort to get people to change their votes so it's skewed to the place where said individual wants to go.  What a loser move. Freaking get on a plane or hop in your car and just go by yourself if it's so important to you. 

Meanwhile, the guy who's crying about "DISRESPECT" was eliminating people's votes because he subjectively decided that they were less likely to attend.  Regardless of whether he put them back or not, does it get any more disrespectful or arrogant than to judge their vote and remove it?

And then the "Oh, I'm not confident we can make it to any event" passive-aggressive retaliation.

The good news is that several of you deserve to go on this broken trip together, whatever city that is when you figure out how not to screw and backstab each other.

ChiTownDiner and I have been friends for a long time.  We'll work out our differences, although out of the public forum.

And to be clear, "the guy who's crying about 'DISRESPECT'" hasn't eliminated anybody's vote, subjectively or otherwise.  I asked those who did vote to carefully consider whether they were truly planning to attend.  And if not, to consider how their vote affects those who are more committed to attending.  I made it clear their judgement would be respected, and it has.  For the record, more Cleveland voters have pulled their votes than those choosing MSP.

Finally, it is good news that we'll be on this trip together.  Because down deep we still like each other and will find a way to get through it all.  We may be a dysfunctional family, but we're still a family, so MYOB.

Buddy
nagle
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 280
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2018/06/13 19:10:43 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby ChiBears15 2018/06/13 19:18:53
BuddyRoadhouse
saps

ChiTownDiner and I have been friends for a long time.  We'll work out our differences, although out of the public forum.

And to be clear, "the guy who's crying about 'DISRESPECT'" hasn't eliminated anybody's vote, subjectively or otherwise.  I asked those who did vote to carefully consider whether they were truly planning to attend.  And if not, to consider how their vote affects those who are more committed to attending.  I made it clear their judgement would be respected, and it has.  For the record, more Cleveland voters have pulled their votes than those choosing MSP.

Finally, it is good news that we'll be on this trip together.  Because down deep we still like each other and will find a way to get through it all.  We may be a dysfunctional family, but we're still a family, so MYOB.

Buddy

We sure do put the FUN in dysfunctional.
billyboy
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2878
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2018/06/13 19:26:47 (permalink)
I feel as though this could somehow be made into a "Schoolhouse Rock" type of song!  Dysfunction Junction, what's your function?  

post edited by billyboy - 2018/06/13 19:56:17
wanderingjew
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10350
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2018/06/13 19:52:55 (permalink)
billyboy
I feel as thought this could somehow be made into a "Schoolhouse Rock" type of song!  Dysfunction Junction, what's you function?  

I remember that from back when I was a little boy (well not exactly little, I was always the tallest kid in my class) I looked it up- and that goes back to 1973....I did even more research and to my surprise- the guy that sang that is not only still alive but he's....white... I always assumed (even as a kid) that a black guy sang that song.
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 8378
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2018/06/13 20:52:05 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby ChiBears15 2018/06/13 20:55:53
billyboy

Do BuddyRoadhouse and ChiBears15 get royalties every time that video's viewed?

billyboy
I feel as though this could somehow be made into a "Schoolhouse Rock" type of song!  Dysfunction Junction, what's your function?

Votin' on cities and b*tchin' about it...
post edited by ScreamingChicken - 2018/06/13 20:54:58
saps
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2018/06/14 00:29:31 (permalink)
 "....so MYOB."

Nah.  You're airing your dirty laundry on open forum.  Anyone can comment until the moderators decide otherwise.

Probably a better idea to discuss your issues with an individual one-on-one rather than opening it up to everyone else and trying to make him look stupid.  Kind of like when a coach deals with a player one-on-one behind closed doors rather than ripping him to the media.  Your dysfunctional family just became a bit less functional, and no matter how you try to fix it and what you believe it looks like on the surface, this situation will simmer underneath.
Davidsanders
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 816
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2018/06/14 01:37:57 (permalink)
saps
 "....so MYOB."

Nah.  You're airing your dirty laundry on open forum.  Anyone can comment until the moderators decide otherwise.

Probably a better idea to discuss your issues with an individual one-on-one rather than opening it up to everyone else and trying to make him look stupid.  Kind of like when a coach deals with a player one-on-one behind closed doors rather than ripping him to the media.  Your dysfunctional family just became a bit less functional, and no matter how you try to fix it and what you believe it looks like on the surface, this situation will simmer underneath.

I agree with Jeff.
It feels like you’re purposely trying to stir up trouble. Why?
BuddyRoadhouse
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6080
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2018/06/14 12:27:17 (permalink)
Time to put this thing to bed and move on.

I was wrong.  Mostly, anyway.  More on that at the end.

When most of us think of elections, we have a slightly naïve concept in our heads based on a grade school understanding of our Founding Fathers’ intentions.  We envision a pure process of open debates and un-tampered ballots.  No Russian collusion/meddling, no hanging chads, no Watergate break-ins, etc.

We also don’t expect or accept anyone soliciting votes outside the public forum.  Except we sorta do.  In addition to the open two-sided debates, we have these things called campaign rallies.  They’re entirely partisan with absolutely no consideration or regard for the opposition’s viewpoint.  In fact, the whole idea of a campaign rally is to whip up enthusiasm for your side while running down the other guy.

And that’s pretty much all that was done here.  The MSP backers did the grass roots work and got out the vote.  The Cleveland folks took a more naïve approach and assumed the votes would come in from Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Wisconsin (actually, we did get a bunch of votes from all three, but not enough).

So, I was wrong.  I’m the bad guy.  Mostly.  I’m the bad guy because I should have worked all this through before I posted public accusations.  For that I apologize.  To both the folks who were accused and to anyone who got upset by those accusations.

But the fact of the matter is, my thinking was clouded because I was worked up over some real infractions that were inexcusable.

Time after time, the Doodle Poll is tampered with.  This has to stop.  Period.  While I recognize my error and apologize for all of the above, I still say the vote tampering is disrespectful (notice how I went with all lowercase letters this time?) of the person who makes the effort to create it and the people we call friends who take the time to vote.  If you’ve got a problem with using the Poll as a tool to determine interest, let’s get it out in the open and figure out a better way.  Otherwise, knock it off.

Also, the point was made that our rules in making this decision are fairly fast and loose.  We need to discuss that.  In an open forum.  And part of the problem comes from certain young, overenthusiastic members who start Crawl threads way too soon without thinking about the ramifications of not fully thinking things through.

So that’s it.  If I scared anybody off from the Crawl with my rant, sorry.  Come on back, it’s over.  I imagine we’ll fully patch things up at the Contingent’s Evanston Tour next month.  No cortados, though.  I don’t even know what a cortado is.  I thought a cortado was a 16th century Spanish explorer.

How about we split an Edzo’s CheeseBurger instead?

Buddy
ChiTownDiner
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4885
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2018/06/14 12:35:57 (permalink)
Edzo's has great shakes also...just saying!  

Please NO PHOTOS of the ChiTownDiner and Buddy Roadhouse executing the make-up kiss...what happens in Evanston stays in Evanston!  
saps
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2018/06/14 13:25:25 (permalink)
I was getting people to think about what they were saying, and by being a jerk providing a common enemy for them to unite against.  I have no dog in this fight.  There's no reason to wreck these crawls over something so silly.  This forum isn't near as robust as it used to be and I don't really participate, but I still like reading the trip reports.

People say things over the internet that they wouldn't say to people face-to-face.  I'm sure all will be fine.
wanderingjew
Porterhouse
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2018/06/14 13:35:59 (permalink)
saps
I was getting people to think about what they were saying, and by being a jerk providing a common enemy for them to unite against.  I have no dog in this fight.  There's no reason to wreck these crawls over something so silly.  This forum isn't near as robust as it used to be and I don't really participate, but I still like reading the trip reports.

People say things over the internet that they wouldn't say to people face-to-face.  I'm sure all will be fine.

Saps , I've always liked you, but I'm still regionally appropriate (except when home of course)- that's the way the Sterns raised me!
ChiTownDiner
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4885
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2018/06/14 15:01:44 (permalink)
wanderingjew
saps

Saps , I've always liked you, but I'm still regionally appropriate (except when home of course)- that's the way the Sterns raised me!

WOW...another man crush brewing...maybe the 4 of us should double date!  
wanderingjew
Porterhouse
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2018/06/14 15:20:30 (permalink)

ChiTownDiner
[
WOW...another man crush brewing...maybe the 4 of us should double date!  

Love and kisses to you too

billyboy
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2878
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2018/06/14 15:51:03 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby ChiTownDiner 2018/06/14 17:06:57
I can think of one way to make amends for the recent disagreements on the Forum and a great way to kick off the first night of the Crawl.  Three words...BOY DANCE PARTY!!!  

We all know that the MSP is gonna be shakin' from the epic dance-off that the Roadfood crew will surely be turning up to 11!!!

Big_g
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 497
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2018/06/15 16:59:01 (permalink)
As of now, I'm out on this crawl.
Bonk
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 880
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2018/06/15 18:24:26 (permalink)
Big_g

Damn, I hope whatever your reason for that decision reverses itself between now and then. It wouldn't be a crawl without you. 
Davidsanders
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 816
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2018/06/15 19:52:45 (permalink)
Bonk
Big_g

Damn, I hope whatever your reason for that decision reverses itself between now and then. It wouldn't be a crawl without you. 

I agree 100%! I will miss you terribly.
JRPfeff
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5227
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2018/06/15 20:04:00 (permalink)
Come G, it isn't really all that cold.
Pie Diva
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 113
Re: 2019 Crawl Location Discussion Thread 2018/06/15 21:09:19 (permalink)
Me too. Had a blast in KC with you. Hope all is well
Page: << < ..1112 Showing page 12 of 12
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5