A Day Trip With Lunch In Cincinnati

Author
Root-Beer Man
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1207
2017/11/11 17:58:49 (permalink)

A Day Trip With Lunch In Cincinnati

We decided to accompany my wife to Cincinnati, where she was proctoring a beer exam for new would be beer judges. While she was proctoring the exam the kids and I took off for some museum crawling. Sadly, the train station museum was closed for major renovations so we had to find somewhere else to bide our time. We decided to go up the road to the American Sign Museum (I do believe BB was there a few years ago in one of his reports). It's a nice little museum and filled with loads of interesting neon and signage from years gone by. Even my modern kids were impressed.

After the museum we went back to where my wife was and picked her up when she was finished. Then it was off to lunch at Terry's Turf Club, home to the best burgers in the Midwest. I forgot to take a picture of the outside of the joint and I should have, as Terry has added new kitsch to the place. It was burgers all around. I had a medium rare burger with Swiss and Terry's mango curry sauce. Oh, man this was soooooo goooood! I could have easily asked for another and devoured it, but I was already full. Can't wait for our next visit! (Sorry for the quality of the pics inside Terry's. They're big on neon lights inside and it shows up, even in daylight).

1 Reply Related Threads

BuddyRoadhouse
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5774
    Re: A Day Trip With Lunch In Cincinnati 2017/11/11 20:02:17 (permalink)
    These photos were taken in 2013, during the Cincinnati Chili Crawl that initiated the recent string of annual spring city tours (Chicago, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Nashville), so they don't include any recent additions.  But for folks who have never been, they'll provide a strong sense of what the exterior of Terry's Turf Club looks like.

I've got some interior shots as well. but they didn't turn out to my liking.

Buddy
    Jump to:
    © 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5