A Guide To Making The Best Cajun Barbecue Pork Ribs You Will Ever Put In Your Mouth

Author
scrumptiouschef
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2361
2015/03/07 10:42:11 (permalink)

A Guide To Making The Best Cajun Barbecue Pork Ribs You Will Ever Put In Your Mouth

Here’s our recipe for Cajun Barbecue Pork Ribs
1 Rack Ribs, Pork, Spare
1 T. Paprika
1 T. Salt, Kosher
1 T. Black Pepper
1 T. White Pepper
1 T. Garlic Powder
1 T. Onion Powder
1 T. Brown Sugar
1 T. Cayenne
combine spices thoroughly
Method
* Place rib rack on cutting board, concave (bone) side up
* Using a sharp knife cut a slit up each bone splitting the membrane vertically
* Liberally sprinkle Cajun seasoning rub over concave side of rib rack
* Flip rack over and sprinkle Cajun seasoning rub over convex side of ribs
* Build fire (We use roughly 18 hardwood briquets, placing them on one side of Weber smoker/grill)
* Light fire, when briquets glow gray, smother with six chunks of American hardwood (We use Hickory)
* Place rack opposite of fire and open vent over ribs
* Cook with vent wide open for 30 minutes then close vent halfway for duration of fire
* The fire described will burn for approximately two hours at which time your ribs will be well cooked but not “falling off the bone”

back story plus cooking notes  http://www.scrumptiousche...ver-put-in-your-mouth/

4 Replies Related Threads

scrumptiouschef
    Re: A Guide To Making The Best Cajun Barbecue Pork Ribs You Will Ever Put In Your Mouth 2015/03/09 14:03:36 (permalink)
    We were absolutely starving last night so we duplicated our rib recipe using chicken wings. They came off the smoker in 45 minutes flat. Ate real good but our growling bellies may have had something to do with how successful we viewed the dish.
    scrumptiouschef
    Re: A Guide To Making The Best Cajun Barbecue Pork Ribs You Will Ever Put In Your Mouth 2018/05/28 12:13:14 (permalink)
    Who's firing up the smoker today?
    ScreamingChicken
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8683
    Re: A Guide To Making The Best Cajun Barbecue Pork Ribs You Will Ever Put In Your Mouth 2018/05/28 21:43:15 (permalink)
    How sweet is the final product?  I like the general construction of the rub except for the brown sugar, but if it's needed to balance the cayenne I understand.  As I like things on the savory side I often go with equal parts paprika, salt and ground pepper, and half measures each of the powdered alliums.
    scrumptiouschef
    Re: A Guide To Making The Best Cajun Barbecue Pork Ribs You Will Ever Put In Your Mouth 2018/05/29 00:39:16 (permalink)
    ScreamingChicken
    How sweet is the final product?  I like the general construction of the rub except for the brown sugar, but if it's needed to balance the cayenne I understand.  As I like things on the savory side I often go with equal parts paprika, salt and ground pepper, and half measures each of the powdered alliums.

It's not sweet at all but feel free to remove the sugar from the rub.
    Jump to:
    © 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5