"A rose by any other name", and What's a Bismark?

Author
tmiles
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2577
2016/05/02 16:11:09 (permalink)

"A rose by any other name", and What's a Bismark?

Today, I stopped at locally famous Wright's Dairy Farm Bakery. I had tried before on Friday morning when I was passing through, but couldn't get a parking space, and seeing the line out the door, and running late anyway, I skipped it...............anyway...........

Today (Monday), it was not so busy. I got a parking space and went in. I got my usual eclair (they have large and small......I got the large), and a "Bismark".

Different bakeries call different creations "Bismarks", but around here, they are usually a 6 inch long cake donut stick, cut lengthwise with jelly and cream inside. I remember a great one from years ago ,( maybe in Missouri, but I'm not sure) that would have been a "honeydip" donut stick had it not been turned into a Bismark with jam and whipped cream. Sometimes they are in an eclair shell, but Wrights calls those "Boats".

The Wright's "Bismark" is jam and whipped cream between 2 pieces of puff pastry...............delicious but in a new way. It reminded me of the puff pastry that Vachon use to send down here from Canada, except that the Wright version is far superior.  It was hard to eat with the cream squeezing out when I bit down, but I made do.
post edited by tmiles - 2016/05/02 16:14:14

1 Reply Related Threads

mar52
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 11466
    Re: "A rose by any other name", and What's a Bismark? 2016/05/02 22:10:32 (permalink)
    Did they come with the instruction...  Do not dunk, SINK!
    Jump to:
    © 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5