Absolute must-eat places in Houston

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Texianjoe
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 639
RE: Absolute must-eat places in Houston 2008/04/10 08:42:28 (permalink)
For breakfast try Le Peep. The one in the village on Villag Parkway is the best one.

http://www.lepeep.com/index.asp

The one on Fanham is just as good, it is just west of downtown off of 59 and Shepherd Dr. and right across the street from another good breakfast stop the 59 Diner, so if one has a long wait you have a choice.

http://www.59diner.com/index.html

joe

vwgto
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 44
RE: Absolute must-eat places in Houston 2008/04/13 22:47:09 (permalink)
Another vote for Le Peep for breakfast. This is a chain, but I have never understood why it did not expand more over the years. I used to eat at a few locations back in Georgia over 20 years ago. Unique and reasonable - - often would even go for lunch.
zothhh
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 88
RE: Absolute must-eat places in Houston 2008/12/16 16:08:40 (permalink)
Lankford Grocery is fantastic. Among the best burgers I've ever had. My dad and I both got terrible food poisoning at Goode. Can't recommend it, but that wasn't the worst meal we ate in Houston. That honor goes to India Grill. Miserable food served by miserable people, the very worst restaurant experience I've ever had. When I was in the USMC some buddies and I were tossed in the clink one night. We at sandwhiches of cheap salami served between slices of stale bread perched on rock-hard jail cots. India Grill was worse.
htownsportswriter
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: Absolute must-eat places in Houston 2010/06/07 21:28:01 (permalink)
great stuff guys....a little bit of my input:

Ruggles Green (anything is great, but their bread pudding is the most amazing dessert ever...and I'm a dessert freak, and didn't ever like bread pudding)...

Ninfa's on Navigation is actually not bad (hailing from Laredo, Texas and some great Mexican women, I am extremely picky when it comes to Mexican food and I hate TexMex), but the Tacos Musicos are OH SO YUMMY!!!

I would say Goode Co. over Pappas any day. I really like Spring Creek, but they are few and far between (I first discovered that in Tyler), but go with Goode, though...

Breakfast: Le Peep? Eh, you can skip that..I'm not too impressed, but maybe that's because I cannot top The Breakfast Klub, even if I tried...AMAZING...yes, there is a line, but it moves pretty quickly and it is SO WELL WORTH IT (anything is great...but I'd go with Chicken & Waffles, their staple dish..and I absolutely ADORE the FRENCH TOAST!!! Every time my fiance and I have a visitor from out-of-town/state, we will take them there and they love it...wait in line for a bit...despite the weather...I've waited in cold and heat..all temps..still amazing food!!! HAPPY TRAVELIN'....
pioneerpam
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
RE: Absolute must-eat places in Houston 2010/06/07 22:57:53 (permalink)
Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner: Kelley's - There is one near the South Loop (610 Loop) and I-45 (Gulf Frwy). Mom & Pop homecooking.

Mexican: Gringo's - Look in the book. There's one out on Hwy 288 South in Pearland. Fajitas or Shrimp Veracruz.

BBQ - Joe's in Alvin, Tx (a bedroom community of Houston).

Seafood: Monument Inn out in Pasadena area. Ask - I haven't been there in a while.
acer2x
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 547
RE: Absolute must-eat places in Houston 2010/06/07 23:01:10 (permalink)
vwgto
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 44
RE: Absolute must-eat places in Houston 2010/07/12 23:59:37 (permalink)
Glad I circled back..... The Breakfast Klub is the place where new condo dwellers think they are getting real soul food.   You generally can't go wrong with breakfast, but I would avoid the chicken and waffles unless you can handle the morning garlic (gross!) - - and the wait is not worth it at all.  House of Pies, Avalon Diner, Kelly's, Baby Barnabys, are all better alternatives.
myterry2
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 532
RE: Absolute must-eat places in Houston 2010/07/13 00:31:02 (permalink)
torgotom

Good point about location -

and also I must correct myself, Cafe Red Onion SEAFOOD is NOT casual. All the regular CROs are.

Unless there not still in biz, everything is casual with maybe with the exception of the Ritz carlton formal ding room.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5