Helpful ReplyHot!Arizona, hey won'tcha go my way...

Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5
Author
ChiTownDiner
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5158
Re: Arizona, hey won'tcha go my way... 2018/07/06 07:01:41 (permalink)
High Dessert Market and Cafe looked to have so much potential...sorry it didn't work out!  

Since you're in a dessert mood, David Sanders just posted a practice run on the 1st 4 stops of the upcoming Evanston Crawl, AKA The Billyboy Crosses the Hudson Tour and it appears to have potential for a listing in the Top Ten First Four Stops List of All Time!  
billyboy
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2916
Re: Arizona, hey won'tcha go my way... 2018/07/08 10:29:03 (permalink)
Buffetbuster, so sorry that your last few stops were busts for you & Mariton.  I am loving this report though.  Great photography of the southwest landscapes and love so many of the places you've been, especially many of the roadside stands!  
Rocky Enfield
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 105
Re: Arizona, hey won'tcha go my way... 2018/07/11 14:55:21 (permalink)
Buffetbuster, I just finished making some reservations for a trip that Kathy and I are taking to the Grand Canyon and Vegas.  I decided to check out Roadfood for possible stops and what do I see but your post about a trip to Arizona.  Holy serendipity Batman!  I have enjoyed, as always, reading of your adventures but will your trip take you north at all?  If not,  please feel free to point me in the direction great food destinations in the Seigman area and in Vegas as well.

My last trip took to Las Vegas had me visiting the Hash House (not A Go Go) but the Roadfood one and an excellent Roadfood recommended donut shop.

Any pointers from you or other roadfooders are always welcome.

Thanks,
Rocky

leethebard
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 9565
Re: Arizona, hey won'tcha go my way... 2018/07/11 16:10:31 (permalink)
Rocky Enfield
Buffetbuster, I just finished making some reservations for a trip that Kathy and I are taking to the Grand Canyon and Vegas.  I decided to check out Roadfood for possible stops and what do I see but your post about a trip to Arizona.  Holy serendipity Batman!  I have enjoyed, as always, reading of your adventures but will your trip take you north at all?  If not,  please feel free to point me in the direction great food destinations in the Seigman area and in Vegas as well.

My last trip took to Las Vegas had me visiting the Hash House (not A Go Go) but the Roadfood one and an excellent Roadfood recommended donut shop.

Any pointers from you or other roadfooders are always welcome.

Thanks,
Rocky

Very Highly recommend Sedona, if you're going to the Grand Canyon. Gorgeous!!!
1bbqboy
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5651
Re: Arizona, hey won'tcha go my way... 2018/07/11 21:19:40 (permalink)
Are you flying in to Las Vegas and renting a car?
Rocky Enfield
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 105
Re: Arizona, hey won'tcha go my way... 2018/07/12 15:31:46 (permalink)
Yes
mousec
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 316
Re: Arizona, hey won'tcha go my way... 2018/07/28 20:20:42 (permalink)
Just returned from a work trip to Tempe. Took the team for an outing south of Tucson and wanted to check out Cafe Coco Posa on the way back. Unfortunately, we we TravelManned as they close at 2. Ended up at El Minuto Cafe. This was based on a suggestion from a local.

The salsa and chips weren't great, but man their Chile Rellenos were awesome. Very light and super flavorful. The rice and beans on the side were also very good. My co-workers were happy with their dishes, especially the enchiladas

https://www.elminutotucson.com/

I also made a stop at Original Carolina's. Great homemade flour tortillas. Awesome chimichangas.

http://www.carolinasmex.com/

While not native to Arizona you can get a great pasty at the Cornish Patsy Company.

This was my second visit. I tried the chicken tikka pasty. It was great. Bit of heat, savory, awesome. Tons of options. Great beer list as well.

https://www.cornishpastyco.com/

On the way out of town I felt that I needed something heathly. Ended up at Kalidiscope Juice for a acacia bowl. Granola, fresh berries, bananas and shaved coconut. Whe not an expert, I could tell that this was one great acacia bowl.

http://kaleidoscope.love/
strongy78
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 77
Re: Arizona, hey won'tcha go my way... 2018/08/04 00:40:57 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby JRPfeff 2018/08/04 06:19:04
Great trip report!  I live here (Surprise) and have discovered some new spots, thanks to you!  About Welcome Diner.....  Garbage!  Hipster, overpriced, not good.  Not sure why it gets so much love.  Went there once and will never go back.  Had a similar experience to you.  
Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5