Austin's La Barbecue opening in Los Angeles?

Author
acer2x
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 525
2017/02/16 14:29:43 (permalink)

Austin's La Barbecue opening in Los Angeles?

Austin, Texas smoked meat haven La Barbecue is coming to Los Angeles, with promises to provide some of the best smoke meat this city has ever seen.Rumors have swirled for a little while now about a West Coast expansion of the popular Texas operation, and now it seems things are moving right along. In fact, if you check way down at the bottom of the La Barbecue website, you’ll see a little section for their existing address in Austin, alongside a note that reads “Los Angeles: Coming Soon”.For those unfamiliar, La Barbecue offers a bit of Texas-sized barbecue royalty by way of co-owner LeAnn Mueller. Her father is Bobby Mueller, a longtime icon in the Taylor, Texas barbecue scene thanks to his Louie Mueller Barbecue operation. Bobby passed away in 2008, so now LeAnn runs the show with her own La Barbecue, which itself has drawn rave reviews.

http://la.eater.com/2017/...tin-coming-los-angeles

3 Replies Related Threads

mar52
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 11498
    Re: Austin's La Barbecue opening in Los Angeles? 2017/02/16 14:53:18 (permalink)
    If they're like ALL of the rest of the new barbecue and Hot Chicken restaurants opening in Los Angeles they'll choose a location in Mid-City or Downtown.

Usually not geographically convenient.

We now have Bledsoe's Barbecue,  Danny Trejoy's Tacos and Gus's Chicken.  They're all on Crenshaw Boulevard!  Crenshaw is not where I want to be!

Or they move even further east in to Chinatown.  Why does Chinatown need two Nashville Hot Chicken locations and a New Orleans Cajun market and restaurant?

Come on... move closer to me!

End of rant.
    ScreamingChicken
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8048
    Re: Austin's La Barbecue opening in Los Angeles? 2017/02/19 17:50:22 (permalink)
    The logistics interest me; specifically:

Will on-site smoking be allowed in Los Angeles?
    If the wood has to be shipped in from Texas, how will that affect the prices the consumers pay?
    1bbqboy
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5417
    Re: Austin's La Barbecue opening in Los Angeles? 2017/02/20 09:51:42 (permalink)
    Don't they use oak? I can't believe
    They can't find some oak trees closer than 2000 miles away.
    Or do Texas trees think they are god's gift to flora like the rest of the state attitude?
    Jump to:
    © 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5