Beaumont and Port Arthur Texas

Author
drpep
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 338
2017/07/23 16:19:26 (permalink)

Beaumont and Port Arthur Texas

Wife and I are making a quick road trip into Louisiana. We decided to spend one night in the Beaumont, Texas area just to say we've been to Texas. One thing that must be done in Texas is a good steak. I've done some searching but I'm not finding any steak houses that are not chains or focused on seafood. Seems the proximity to Louisiana and the Gulf Coast means lots of seafood and cajun type places. We'd really like to eat at steak place that one would stop at in the heart of Texas, not chain, not high end just good steak and potato place.

3 Replies Related Threads

Root-Beer Man
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1234
    Re: Beaumont and Port Arthur Texas 2017/07/23 16:53:20 (permalink)
    Looks like you've got limited choices, if you're avoiding chains. Brazos Cattle Company in Beaumont. Floyd's Cajun Seafood and Steakhouse, also in Beaumont, looks a regional chain, that might be acceptable. In Port Arthur Yelp has lots of good to say about Tony’s Barbecue & Steakhouse. Not sure if it's good BBQ or good steaks, but their overall ratings look good.
    drpep
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 338
    Re: Beaumont and Port Arthur Texas 2017/07/23 17:47:03 (permalink)
    Thanks. Small regional chains should not be an issue if no single operator is to be found. I had already made note of Brazos.

It's really tough spending one night in Texas even though it's could almost be considered Louisiana. There's brisket and chicken fried steak that have to be passed up and what's a trip to Texas without a stop at Buc-ees, the nearest one an hour west.
    scrumptiouschef
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1930
    Re: Beaumont and Port Arthur Texas 2017/07/23 20:00:28 (permalink)
    drpep
    Wife and I are making a quick road trip into Louisiana. We decided to spend one night in the Beaumont, Texas area just to say we've been to Texas. One thing that must be done in Texas is a good steak. I've done some searching but I'm not finding any steak houses that are not chains or focused on seafood. Seems the proximity to Louisiana and the Gulf Coast means lots of seafood and cajun type places. We'd really like to eat at steak place that one would stop at in the heart of Texas, not chain, not high end just good steak and potato place.

She may or may not have a steak but Monica of Monica's Restaurant is the best cook working in Beaumont. She could set up shop in New Orleans and make a killing http://www.scrumptiousche...ant-in-beaumont-texas/
    Jump to:
    © 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5