Best Indian Buffet in Dayton, Cincinnati, and Parts in between?

Author
Rabkin
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 74
2014/09/03 08:38:50 (permalink)

Best Indian Buffet in Dayton, Cincinnati, and Parts in between?

I recently tried the lunch buffet at Namaste India in Miamisburg, and was impressed by both its wide selection and its flavorfulness.  And this was my first time doing an Indian buffet.  So, I was wondering what other southwest Ohio Indian buffets were worth checking out.  Please, enlighten me.

2 Replies Related Threads

donw9876
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 326
    Re: Best Indian Buffet in Dayton, Cincinnati, and Parts in between? 2014/09/08 12:52:44 (permalink)
    I've always enjoyed http://www.tandoor.com/ in Montgomery outside Cincinnati but some recent food review boards indicate that it's slipping in quality a little. http://www.amarindiadayton.com/ near the Dayton Mall is good. I can't speak to "the best" in the region but I like these. Dayton and Cinci both have a wide range of good Indian restaurants.

Rabkin
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 74
    Re: Best Indian Buffet in Dayton, Cincinnati, and Parts in between? 2014/09/11 16:20:17 (permalink)
    Thanks, I'll have to check Tandoor out, most definitely.

As far as Amar India goes, well, the missus and I used to frequent it quite regularly.  And then, a couple years or so ago, we attempted to eat there not one, not two, but three times in a row (in the space of a month and a half, two months), and were seated and then flat out ignored.  The last time we went there, we were seated and given menus, and then proceeded to wait for about fifteen minutes, all the while servers walking by us, looking at us, and pointedly *not* stopping by to take our drink order.  After about fifteen minutes, an Asian family was seated directly across from us, and within thirty seconds,  a waiter came over and warmly greeted them, taking their drink orders.  At that point, I slapped my menu down on the table audibly, and stormed out - utilizing every fiber of my being to not explode all over someone and cause a scene - of the place, determined to never darken that establishment's door ever again.

And I've been 100% true to my word.
    post edited by Rabkin - 2014/09/11 16:22:13
    Jump to:
    © 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5