Best Pizza Worth Travelling For

Author
Davebassman
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 376
2014/10/31 16:50:51 (permalink)

Best Pizza Worth Travelling For

Yep! Another List!  I know some will get upset that their favorite place isn't on the list, but at least it provides exposure for some new places that might be worth checking out. The Pizza joint listed for Va. is only about a mile or two from where I work in Arlington, but I had never heard of it! Maybe worth a try.
https://www.flipkey.com/blog/2014/10/20/50-states-series-best-pizza-worth-traveling-for/

2 Replies Related Threads

Davydd
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6817
    Re: Best Pizza Worth Travelling For 2014/10/31 18:28:29 (permalink)
    In Minnesota they list Punch. It is a wood-fired Neapolitan pizza mini-chain of restaurants. It is good but not on my list to travel for as I feel I have not made enough time to get to some other pizzerias in the Twin Cities.

Pupatella in Arlington, VA is another Naples inspired wood-fired pizzeria. The website faqs gives me reason to want to try it as I have tried most of the wood-fired Neapolitan pizzerias around Washington, DC. So I would travel for it my next time in Virginia. I get there at least once a year sometimes two.
    ScreamingChicken
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 9242
    Re: Best Pizza Worth Travelling For 2014/10/31 19:46:51 (permalink)
    For Wisconsin Madison's Glass Nickel has evolved into a mini-chain and it's pretty good pizza (it's our go-to at work), but I think The Roman Candle (Madison), Salvatore's Tomato Pies (Sun Prairie), and Famous Yeti's (Stoughton) are all quite deserving of attention as well.  And I'm sure there are other excellent pizzas that I've yet to try.

Gusto had made my preliminary list for last April's Iowa trip but wound up on the cutting room floor, so next year I'll make a point of checking it out.
    post edited by ScreamingChicken - 2014/10/31 19:49:28
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5