Best Service??

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
-Tricky-
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 305
RE: Best Service?? 2005/12/15 08:16:54 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by CasperImproved

-Tricky-

My first post on roadfood after being a silent viewer for a couple of months (love good food, etc, but I'm usually a listener)... but you actually made me register because I 100% in agreement with everything you posted on this thread. . .Thanks for making me an active poster... :-)

You're welcome. I'm kind of honored that anyone even paid attention to me, let alone agrees. Now come on, we need more of your input!
roossy90
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6695
RE: Best Service?? 2005/12/15 12:46:17 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by -Tricky-

beach, I completely disagree.

You could throw my food at me and swear at me, but if the food is good I'll come back. (Note, I may not necessarily tip well if the service is that rude or that bad, but I'll come back for the food.) That's why I eat out, for food that is preferably tasty.

Give me the best server anywhere, but if she's bringing me mediocre food it's not worth my money. I won't be back. I can do better than mediocre at home, or even with frozen crap at the grocery store.

But you wouldnt stiff her/him if the food was lousy, Right?...(of course, the service was great)....
roossy90
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6695
RE: Best Service?? 2005/12/15 12:48:16 (permalink)
http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10459

This post is what got me started, and it has a bit to do with this post that I am replying on.
Of course, I am re-opening the can....
-Tricky-
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 305
RE: Best Service?? 2005/12/15 22:20:45 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by roossy90

quote:
Originally posted by -Tricky-

Give me the best server anywhere, but if she's bringing me mediocre food it's not worth my money. I won't be back. I can do better than mediocre at home, or even with frozen crap at the grocery store.

But you wouldnt stiff her/him if the food was lousy, Right?...(of course, the service was great)....

Of course not! I waited my share of tables. You have to do a whole lot wrong to get less than 20% from me -- and in an inexpensive place, even average service often ends up with 25-30%, just because that's what an even dollar amount can do...
V960
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2429
RE: Best Service?? 2005/12/17 15:48:42 (permalink)
I am a habitual over tipper. Twenty percent is easy to figure, double ten percent...can't figure ten percent? Sorry for you.

Now the much more difficult question. Why do we keep going back or never consider the place? I think it is a conbination of service, food and the overall experience.

I have been a regular at the following places for over twenty five years.
Hotel Charlotte, Charlotte, NC
Hatsuahna, NYC
Four Seasons, NYC (lunch only for the lunch deal)
Showmar's Charlotte, NC
Sushi Koji Greenville, SC (same chef but new place, used to be at Yagoto)
Time Out Deli Knoxville, TN
Mai Charlotte, NC

The food is fresh, the attention is GREAT and management is not overbearing but ever present. The combination is the key.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5