Best Steak house in Las Vegas

Author
JoyB
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 71
2019/10/22 15:15:01 (permalink)

Best Steak house in Las Vegas

https://www.goldensteerlasvegas.com/  Just amazing! Thought I would revive an old thread that I saw on here and see what others thought about this subject which was last posted in 2006? 

15 Replies Related Threads

cavandre
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2061
    Re: Best Steak house in Las Vegas 2019/10/30 08:26:54 (permalink)
    Baked potato or fries for $11...I'll pass!
    JoyB
    Hamburger
    Re: Best Steak house in Las Vegas 2019/10/30 08:28:47 (permalink)
    They are expensive but that is most decent steakhouses either in NY, LA or Vegas or any bigger city. Everything is ala carte so it is definitely a special occasion kind of place. 
    cavandre
    • Total Posts : 2061
    Re: Best Steak house in Las Vegas 2019/10/30 08:44:33 (permalink)
    No simple baked potato is worth $11; period, end of discussion.
    JoyB
    Hamburger
    Re: Best Steak house in Las Vegas 2019/10/30 08:49:01 (permalink)
    Wow - okey dokey then. Sorry if I upset you as that was not my intent. Consider discussion ended as per your request. 
    buffetbuster
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 12613
    Re: Best Steak house in Las Vegas 2019/10/30 11:21:33 (permalink)
    JoyB-
    Sorry I didn't see this before...

TravelinMan and I ate there about five years ago and we had a wonderful experience.  It was everything you could possibly want in a steakhouse.  Love those big, cushy leather booths!

I went back there in May of this year with family and we did not have a good experience.  Service was standoffish (to be kind) and none of us were happy with our steaks. 

How many times have you been there?  Has it been really good for you every time?  Maybe they were just having an off night when we went.
    leethebard
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10392
    Re: Best Steak house in Las Vegas 2019/10/30 11:59:12 (permalink)
    cavandre
    Baked potato or fries for $11...I'll pas

JRPfeff
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5841
    Re: Best Steak house in Las Vegas 2019/10/30 12:28:07 (permalink)
    Joy,

The Golden Steer looks wonderful and the prices for their proteins are legit for a high-end steakhouse.

I had not previously seen the prices for their sides, and $11 for those sides is excessive for those of us who are not hip-hop artists, organized criminals, politicians, or on an expense account. As a contrast, I had a steak dinner at a rural supper club on Sunday that cost $12.99. That 13 bucks included a salad bar, soup, bread, potato or rice, and a tasty half-pound "bistro steak."

That $11 is just a stick in the eye to some of us.

Jim
    leethebard
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10392
    Re: Best Steak house in Las Vegas 2019/10/30 12:33:44 (permalink)
    JRPfeff
    Joy,

The Golden Steer looks wonderful and the prices for their proteins are legit for a high-end steakhouse.

I had not previously seen the prices for their sides, and $11 for those sides is excessive for those of us who are not hip-hop artists, organized criminals, politicians, or on an expense account. As a contrast, I had a steak dinner at a rural supper club on Sunday that cost $12.99. That 13 bucks included a salad bar, soup, bread, potato or rice, and a tasty half-pound "bistro steak."

Jim

Perfectly said!
    JoyB
    Hamburger
    Re: Best Steak house in Las Vegas 2019/10/30 12:50:45 (permalink)
    buffetbuster
    JoyB-
    Sorry I didn't see this before...

TravelinMan and I ate there about five years ago and we had a wonderful experience.  It was everything you could possibly want in a steakhouse.  Love those big, cushy leather booths!

I went back there in May of this year with family and we did not have a good experience.  Service was standoffish (to be kind) and none of us were happy with our steaks. 

How many times have you been there?  Has it been really good for you every time?  Maybe they were just having an off night when we went.

We have been there 3 times. The first time was in 2004. We had eaten at Lawry's as my husband loves Prime Rib and we were told they had the best. Hubby was not wild about it so someone else told us to go to the Golden Steer. It was a LOT better imho. I got filet mignon that first time. Service as fantastic. 

Second time was in 2009. I had the bone in rib eye. Was absolutely delicious, perfectly cooked. Tableside Caesar Salad is so fun...and the sides are all great. Once again, hubby got his prime rib since he loved it last time. All good, including the service.

Third time was 2013 and was the most memorable for sure. Food was great as usual. I got the bone in rib eye again and hubby decided to get the same. Sides are plenty big to share and we once again opted in for the caesar salad.

Right around the time we were taking our first bite of salad after the appetizer (we both had Onion soup) the man in the table next to us stood up to go somewhere or other and keeled over and DIED! He had a heart attack right there on the spot. YIKES!  I was not very hungry after that so we picked at the dinner and left most on the plate. It took at least 40 minutes by the time they took the man out of the restaurant. We were moved to another table when it opened up thankfully!

In 2015, we went to Vegas again...and we went to Gordon Ramsay Steak. Also very good. Guess that is about it. In summary food and service good every time we went. Will likely go there again next time we go to Vegas which may not be for a couple more years. 
    JoyB
    Hamburger
    Re: Best Steak house in Las Vegas 2019/10/30 12:55:08 (permalink)
    JRPfeff
    Joy,

Jim

I agree that the price is very expensive. The sides are all big enough to share and this restaurant is the one splurge meal of the entire vacation. I work very hard for my money and do not part with in for frivolous reasons. I know that some of us consider eating in a high end restaurant once or twice a year as a very nice experience and worth the extra money. 

Truth be told, I cook 27-28 nights per month so my restaurant spending is VERY low. Occasional pizza or Chinese is about it. So I never feel guilty spending 11.00 for a side dish, especially since they are big enough to share with my husband and so we only order one each and share them. 
    mar52
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 12264
    Re: Best Steak house in Las Vegas 2019/10/31 00:55:53 (permalink)
    Joy, a special occasion restaurant is also about the experience.  Las Vegas is about winning and mostly losing money.  $11 for a baked potato is better than $11 in a slot machine.  I'd order it if I wanted it.

That said I went to a seafood restaurant in Malibu with my neighbor the other day for lunch.

I went there thinking I'd have lobster or king crab legs.  No way could I spend $75 on a lobster tail or $65 for the crab legs.  Sides were extra!

I had a seafood cobb salad.  It made more sense but I sure would have loved that lobster tail.
    JoyB
    Hamburger
    Re: Best Steak house in Las Vegas 2019/10/31 08:25:12 (permalink)

mar52
    Joy, a special occasion restaurant is also about the experience.  Las Vegas is about winning and mostly losing money.  $11 for a baked potato is better than $11 in a slot machine.  I'd order it if I wanted it.

That said I went to a seafood restaurant in Malibu with my neighbor the other day for lunch.

I went there thinking I'd have lobster or king crab legs.  No way could I spend $75 on a lobster tail or $65 for the crab legs.  Sides were extra!

I had a seafood cobb salad.  It made more sense but I sure would have loved that lobster tail.

Wow, coming from New England where lobster is relatively inexpensive in comparison to other places, I could never pay 75.00 for a lobster tail either! Now Alaskan King crab legs are almost worth it.

All of the sides including that baked potato are more than big enough to share so I don't think that 5.50 in an upscale restaurant is too much to pay for fries...or spinach...or whatever your choice of side is. 

I think I am done  trying to defend my choice of sides in Vegas...LOL I won a little money two of the last 4 times I was there so it is all good since they paid for any and all meals I had as well as my plane and hotel by the time I add up my winnings (and I had some to spare)

ScreamingChicken
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 9340
    Re: Best Steak house in Las Vegas 2019/10/31 09:11:55 (permalink)
    mar52
    $11 for a baked potato is better than $11 in a slot machine.

What if the slot machine pays out in baked potatoes?
    phlmaestro
    • Total Posts : 1115
    Re: Best Steak house in Las Vegas 2019/10/31 10:24:39 (permalink)
    ScreamingChicken
    mar52

Cottage fries seem more appropriate.
    JoyB
    Hamburger
    Re: Best Steak house in Las Vegas 2019/10/31 13:06:54 (permalink)
    phlmaestro
    ScreamingChicken
    mar52

Cottage fries seem more appropriate.

Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5