Best fried haddock sandwich I ever had

Author
tmiles
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2690
2018/09/22 19:41:14 (permalink)

Best fried haddock sandwich I ever had

See www.308lakeside.com to get an overview of this "Best Of" winner in Massachusetts. We have been meaning to go to this fairly new place for some time, and finally got there yesterday. We had previously stopped there under earlier ownership when it had been badly in need of re-furbishment, even though the food was very good.

A big investment has made the place like new, and the food has gone from really good to great.

I had planned on a burger, but our server said that the fried haddock sandwich was featured and that if we should really try it. My wife and I usually get different things and share, but with the server's enthusiastic endorsement, we both got the fish sandwich.  I'm glad that we did, because I would not have wanted to share. A large piece of fish (4 oz ???) is served on a very fresh bulkie with cheese, lettuce and tomato. Outstanding fries (maybe a 9 out of 10) are served on the side.

There were lots of out of state plates in the too small parking lot. We had to park on the street and walk maybe 200 ft. It is not color season here yet, so the out of staters must have come for the food.

On a Massachusetts road trip, this makes a nice stop between the great food in the Northampton area, and Worcester.
post edited by tmiles - 2018/09/22 20:01:02

3 Replies Related Threads

Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 22983
    Re: Best fried haddock sandwich I ever had 2018/09/22 21:30:10 (permalink)
    The best fried haddock sandwich I've ever had was at Flanders Fish Market in East Lyme, Connecticut. And until lleechef took me to Benkovitz Fish Market and Wholey's in, and the Back Door Tavern in Fallston, Pennsylvania that haddock sandwich was the best fish sandwich of any kind that I'd ever had.
    post edited by Michael Hoffman - 2018/09/22 21:33:35
    rumaki
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1441
    Re: Best fried haddock sandwich I ever had 2018/09/22 23:18:32 (permalink)
    I am in Alaska for a couple of days. Yesterday I had a delicious fried halibut sandwich on brioche bun with hand cut french fries at the Lighthouse Grill & Smokehouse in Homer, followed by homemade blueberry crisp with ice cream.
    lleechef
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 11623
    Re: Best fried haddock sandwich I ever had 2018/09/23 11:27:34 (permalink)
    rumaki
    I am in Alaska for a couple of days. Yesterday I had a delicious fried halibut sandwich on brioche bun with hand cut french fries at the Lighthouse Grill & Smokehouse in Homer, followed by homemade blueberry crisp with ice cream.

Lighthouse Grill and Smokehouse is a great place!!  Enjoy!!!
    Jump to:
    © 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5