Beyond burgers

Author
tmiles
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2790
2019/06/15 18:07:05 (permalink)

Beyond burgers

We shared a Beyond Burger (fake meatless burger if you are not up on the biz news) today at a local burger place. It had a $6 up charge over the house grind. For comparison, local grass fed has a $1 up charge, and Kobe style has a $6 up charge. Boca Burger (tm) has no up charge.

It was plump and tasted like beef to me. I should have tried a bite without the toppings but didn't. My wife thought it tasted too much like beef ...........she doesn't like beef. The server said that once supply is normal, they expect the up charge to drop to $2 or so.

A pair of meatless burger companies have shocked the biz world. They trade more like a potential Apple, Google, or MicroSoft than a food company, but so many people are trying to short them, that there could be a short squeeze bloodbath. I'm not into that financial gaming, but it will be fun to watch. My prediction is that the fake burger space will fill fast with ever better products, but I will still be eating the real thing.

If beef gets banned to lower our carbon footprint, or taxed at $10 a pound, as some have suggested, I could get by on the fake stuff just fine. I don't see it happening.
post edited by tmiles - 2019/06/15 18:12:58

2 Replies Related Threads

leethebard
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10288
    Re: Beyond burgers 2019/06/15 18:11:43 (permalink)
    My vegetarian daughter loves them. Tried one. Not bad!
    ScreamingChicken
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 9231
    Re: Beyond burgers 2019/06/15 19:36:35 (permalink)
    tmiles
    If beef gets banned to lower our carbon footprint, or taxed at $10 a pound, as some have suggested, I could get by on the fake stuff just fine. I don't see it happening.

Probably not, but I'm guessing you're already zoned to be able to have beef for personal consumption.  I'm not but I can have 500 chickens, so I'll be trading on the black market.  Guess I'll need some sort of insulated overcoat for those dark alley meets...or should I say "meats"?
    post edited by ScreamingChicken - 2019/06/15 19:38:45
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5