Buffalo's Anchor Bar to open a location in New York City

Author
billyboy
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2916
2018/05/10 19:52:14 (permalink)

Buffalo's Anchor Bar to open a location in New York City

Interesting, very interesting.  I've never been a huge fan of any of the Buffalo-style wings I've tried so far in the Big Apple.  Having grown up in Central NY, I was lucky enough to be surrounded by many great pizza & wing spots.  I'll have to give this a try and report back.  Stay tuned...

Link: http://www.syracuse.com/state/index.ssf/2018/05/anchor_bar_in_buffalo_opening_its_first-ever_new_york_city_location.html

4 Replies Related Threads

wanderingjew
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10545
    Re: Buffalo's Anchor Bar to open a location in New York City 2018/05/10 20:22:54 (permalink)
    billyboy
    Interesting, very interesting.  I've never been a huge fan of any of the Buffalo-style wings I've tried so far in the Big Apple.  Having grown up in Central NY, I was lucky enough to be surrounded by many great pizza & wing spots.  I'll have to give this a try and report back.  Stay tuned...

Link: http://www.syracuse.com/state/index.ssf/2018/05/anchor_bar_in_buffalo_opening_its_first-ever_new_york_city_location.html

Really?? I would think over the last couple of decades, with the internet and social media that New York, especially New York...would have fine tuned their craft. We have wonderful renditions here in Rhode Island and Connecticut that can easily stand up to the best in upstate and Western NY
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 22968
    Re: Buffalo's Anchor Bar to open a location in New York City 2018/05/11 10:47:32 (permalink)
    I have never cared for chicken wings of any sort, preferring to dump them when cooking a chicken. But I did try the wings at the Anchor Bar years ago and found them interesting, but still wings. The Jack Daniels was good, though.
    02sbxstr
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 13
    Re: Buffalo's Anchor Bar to open a location in New York City 2018/05/11 12:24:22 (permalink)
    Never understood how chicken wings (!) became such a Buffalo icon. It must be because they are simple to make and the recipe travels much better than Roast Beef on Weck. When I travel back to WNY, I go for the sandwich and ignore the wings. 
    buffetbuster
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 12327
    Re: Buffalo's Anchor Bar to open a location in New York City 2018/05/11 12:26:32 (permalink)
    So this will be Anchor Bar's 11th location?  I had no idea they had so many.  Please report back Bill and let us know how it is.

BTW, my last visit to the original Buffalo location was truly dreadful.  I can't imagine us going back.
    Jump to:
    © 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5