Hot!Burger King Tacos

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Saint Matt
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 184
2005/09/15 18:50:26 (permalink)

Burger King Tacos

I hadn't been to a Burger King in YEARS. But, the other day I was driving by a BK and wondered if they still had "Jack-In-The-Box" style tacos. So I stopped in and saw that they still had them! Two for $1.09. I ordered a couple and found that they were still pretty much the same: a near copy of Jack's taco's, only a bit crisper and less greasy. Their fries are still lousy

The Jack/BK tacos are my guilty pleasure. I know that they are low-quality junk, but I still love 'em.

53 Replies Related Threads

Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 22467
    RE: Burger King Tacos 2005/09/15 19:08:22 (permalink)
    No tacos at any Burger Kings where I live.
    Pigiron
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1384
    RE: Burger King Tacos 2005/09/15 19:43:39 (permalink)
    Why am I drawn to topics that make me go, "HUH???"

I haven't been in a Burger King in at least 10 years, probably more, but I ate there almost every day in my high school years (there was a BK right across the street from my school. I give them big credit for their location scouting.)

I don't remember ever seeing tacos on the menu, and knowing me, as a 16 year-old, I definitely would have noticed that.
    Saint Matt
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Burger King Tacos 2005/09/15 19:52:40 (permalink)
    I believe they were added to the menu sometime around the late 90's/early 2000's.
    UncleVic
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6025
    RE: Burger King Tacos 2005/09/15 23:35:59 (permalink)
    I remember hearing BK will have or have tacos.. NO thanks.. Too many good local places here to even think about stopping there.. I'll drive the extra 2 or 3 minutes..
    tiki
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4140
    RE: Burger King Tacos 2005/09/16 12:29:19 (permalink)
    dreamzpainter
    • Total Posts : 1609
    RE: Burger King Tacos 2005/09/17 23:54:16 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by tiki

snickerin...... thanks tiki ya made me spit out my aged tennasee adult beverage!! Burger King can't even make a good burger let alone a taco shudder
    Ashphalt
    • Total Posts : 1644
    RE: Burger King Tacos 2005/09/20 14:30:59 (permalink)
    Would be interesting to learn where BK markets these alleged tacos. As I've never seen them in the Northeast I'm wondering if it's another coals to Newcastle marketing technique. Guessing they sell them in Cali and anywhere else you can't swing a stick without hitting a taco, not in Maine where any teenager would be desperate for one.

As my introduction to mexican food was Jack in the Box tacos, now I feel lucky to have a Bell within 20 miles. Won't be running for (after?) BK tacos any time soon.

Do they sell grits in the deep South? Come to think of it McDs does a summertime lobster roll. It's about time us New Englanders demanded a BK sausage and pepper sub.
    Rapunzll
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 314
    RE: Burger King Tacos 2005/09/20 14:53:57 (permalink)
    No tacos at any Michigan BK's that I know of.
    Saint Matt
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Burger King Tacos 2005/09/20 18:51:17 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Ashphalt

Would be interesting to learn where BK markets these alleged tacos. As I've never seen them in the Northeast I'm wondering if it's another coals to Newcastle marketing technique. Guessing they sell them in Cali and anywhere else you can't swing a stick without hitting a taco, not in Maine where any teenager would be desperate for one.

I bought the tacos at the Burger King in Capitola, CA. I've also had them in Southern California. If you don't like Jack-in-the-Box tacos, then you won't like Burger King tacos.
    Rt66Mike
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 155
    RE: Burger King Tacos 2005/09/27 14:19:36 (permalink)
    Most of the BKs around St. Louis sell tacos. But, I still go to Jack in The Box...They are a dime cheaper, and better IMHO.
    pacman
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 160
    RE: Burger King Tacos 2005/09/27 15:53:37 (permalink)
    Oh yes, our BK had the taco's for a bit a year or so ago. I tried them. Horrid little things.
    kneecapr
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 7
    RE: Burger King Tacos 2005/09/27 23:46:59 (permalink)
    I love Burger King. What you reckon go in them tacos?
    tiki
    Filet Mignon
    RE: Burger King Tacos 2005/09/28 11:00:26 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by kneecapr

I dont really know but i hear them gringos put cat and dogmeat in those things!
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 22467
    RE: Burger King Tacos 2005/09/28 11:24:26 (permalink)
    What kind of cat?
    saps
    • Total Posts : 1605
    RE: Burger King Tacos 2005/09/28 11:36:04 (permalink)
    quote:

quote:

Finally! I knew cats would be good for something at some point besides speed bumps.
    pacman
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 160
    RE: Burger King Tacos 2005/09/28 12:25:12 (permalink)
    quote:

IIRC, ours were; some type of seasoned meat-like product, with some of the tired, wilted lettuce and a couple minute pieces of the diced, hard unripe tomatos that our BK usually serves sliced!
    Scorereader
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5583
    RE: Burger King Tacos 2005/09/28 13:10:38 (permalink)
    I'm confused
    First, why is fast food talked about so much?
    2) It's called BURGER king, why go there for for tacos?
    That's like going to Denny's for steak. (I probably opened a pandora's box with that comment)
    3) Isn't there a fast food place for tacos called TACO bell?
    4) Would you go to Taco Bell if they sold hamburgers?

I'm sorry, with plenty of fast food taco places (Taco Bell, Chipotle, Baja Fresh, etc.), I see no reason to go to a fast food burger joint for a taco.
    It just don't make sense.

PaulBPool
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 278
    RE: Burger King Tacos 2005/09/28 13:46:09 (permalink)
    As someone who fondly remembered the old Jack In The Box Tacos from the days they were here in NY (they pulled out years ago), the BK tacos were a close, if not quite dead on alternative.
    Alas, a visit to the "official" BK website gives no mention of them, I guess they've officially gotten the corporate boot, and I'd guess that the restaurants that are still offering them are doing so on their own.
    tiki
    Filet Mignon
    RE: Burger King Tacos 2005/09/28 14:46:57 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

What kind of cat?

Not sure Mr Hoffman, but as for dog--seems that around the world dog eaters all seem to agree that the little white puppies taste best! My impression is that if youve tasted one cat youve tasted them all!
    Saint Matt
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Burger King Tacos 2005/09/28 15:10:11 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Scorereader

I'm confused
    That's like going to Denny's for steak. (I probably opened a pandora's box with that comment)

I'm sorry, with plenty of fast food taco places (Taco Bell, Chipotle, Baja Fresh, etc.), I see no reason to go to a fast food burger joint for a taco.

1)Because many people are interested in talking about fast food. If that is not your interest, then don't click on a fast food thread.

2)Because some Burger Kings serve a style of taco that some of us enjoy. It's simular to Jack in the Box tacos. If you are not near a Jack in the Box, then the BK taco is the next best thing.

3)Yes, you are correct. There is a fast food place called Taco Bell.

4)I might. Del Taco sells hamburgers and people go there.

It does make sense. BK (and Jack in the Box) sells a style of taco that is not found at most places. If you like that style of taco, then you would have to buy it at BK or Jack in the Box.
    tiki
    Filet Mignon
    RE: Burger King Tacos 2005/09/28 15:40:52 (permalink)
    Scorereader---its seems that lots of folks actually believe that fast food IS roadfood. Your not gonna change their minds so try not to worry too much---although i too am amazed at this occurrance----i actually met someone that thought the Olive Garden served Italian food! But aftetr all iks said and done---this IS the good ole USof A and we all have the right to be as big a fool as we want to be---so im taking advantage of that --may even get to be the Court Boullion Jester some day!
    Scorereader
    Sirloin
    RE: Burger King Tacos 2005/09/28 16:06:55 (permalink)
    Tiki,
    I actually agree that fast food is road food,(why else eat it if you're not in a hurry) but I'm fairly sure that national fast food chains have little to do with roadfood.com, which is more to your point, I think.
    However, I too, am guilty of talking about certain chains and fast food on more than one occasion.

In this case, I would agree that corporate BK knew what they were doing when they dumped the taco from their menu. BK just isn't equipped to compete in the taco market.

Saint Matt, you're absolutely right...some people like that "style" of taco. You can take that thought process further that there is someone who will eat ANY type of food that is mentioned on roadfood.com forums. (Otherwise, it wouldn't be on the forum)

But, just as they have the right to enjoy it, I have the right to say it's crap. That's the fun and enjoyment of threads. You can reply to any thread with any opinion (within the forum rules) Whether to agree or dispute it. I'm entitled to go on to this thread and bash the BK taco with as much furvor as I've bashed Waffle House. You are entitled to eat at BK, and, if they serve tacos, eat as many as you wish, just the same as those who go to Waffle House, can dine on any menu item their hearts desire. (sorry for the run-on sentence, but no one is correcting grammar here)

In the same fashion, I could easily pontificate on the merits of eating milkbone dog biscuits in lieu of snackwell snacks both in quality and nutrition, the same as how you can pontificate as to why BK tacos are a great food compared to other human finger foods.

But, that doesn't change the taste or style of a Milkbone Dog Biscuit.

mammascookin
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 85
    RE: Burger King Tacos 2005/09/28 17:04:52 (permalink)
    I remember the Tacos that Burger King sold. They don't have them here anymore. I live in Iowa. I am hispanic and tacos for me are something completely different but for an "Americanized" taco they were pretty good. Bless the American spirit for trying!

P.S. Before the shooters appear, I was born and raised in the good old U S of A and am a proud American at that...with hispanic ties!
    chezkatie
    • Total Posts : 1330
    RE: Burger King Tacos 2005/09/28 17:22:52 (permalink)
    I detest all fast food chains..............they serve a below quality product in every instance. IMHO, I think that people that extol the items served at these places do not know what good food is.

I used to get upset with these silly posts but now just find it a source of amusement and good for laughs.
    tiki
    Filet Mignon
    RE: Burger King Tacos 2005/09/29 12:34:18 (permalink)
    quote:

Tiki,
    I actually agree that fast food is road food,(why else eat it if you're not in a hurry) but I'm fairly sure that national fast food chains have little to do with roadfood.com, which is more to your point, I think.

Why assume that FAST means traveling--i assumed that fast food is more for for folks on the GO rather then on the ROAD! Loke--i have 11 mins left in my Lunch break after running these chores---or ive got 9 of the 34 things on my list done and the kids are whining and hungry----and NOT--im on the road enjoying the drive and soaking up as much enjoyment as i can on this trip!--lets check out that neat little hot dog spot ovewr there!
    Scorereader
    Sirloin
    RE: Burger King Tacos 2005/09/29 16:58:28 (permalink)
    you said it better, tiki,..."on the go."

Although, many times, when I'm travelling, it's not the journey, it's how quickly I can get to my destination. So, sometimes, fast food is road food.

But I do like to stop at nice little hot dog stands too.
    kneecapr
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 7
    RE: Burger King Tacos 2005/09/30 05:31:34 (permalink)
    quote:

quote:

I never been to Gringos and from the sound of it Im glad.
    WingLover
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 145
    RE: Burger King Tacos 2005/12/21 15:59:27 (permalink)
    quote:

I'm confused

The same people who order tacos at Burger King order chicken at (insert-steak-joint-here), I'm sure.

I've never seen tacos on a Burger King menu, but then again, I haven't eaten at a Burger King in ages. There is one at my local mall and they've been advertising "Chicken Fries" - I'm not quite sure what to think of that. Anyone ever try them?

~Jessica
    Poverty Pete
    • Total Posts : 2352
    RE: Burger King Tacos 2005/12/21 16:14:19 (permalink)
    Not sure, but I think what they call chicken fries is chicken protein ground into a paste then formed into little fry-shapes. Sounds delightful, don't you think?
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5