Bus with coffee and on board seating.

Author
coffeebus
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
2016/07/08 10:25:26 (permalink)

Bus with coffee and on board seating.

I'm thinking about converting a bus into a rolling coffee house in California. I would like to have a couple tables and some bar stools on board. The bus would almost always stay at the same location. And if it would help with what I'm trying to do, it could stay there always. This would be at a properly zoned piece of property I own. I could have my compliant commissary/home base there. My understanding is that a food truck needs to visit it's commissary every day.

If I do have tables on board, I'm wondering if it could fall under the category of a limo/party bus as well, even though there wouldn't be passengers/patrons on board when it's moving. If it would fall under this category, I think it would make it so I wouldn't have to have a bathroom on board and wouldn't need as tall of ceilings as if it were considered to be a building. If it is to be considered a building, I would need to put it on an engineered foundation, which is not necessarily a deal breaker. If it is a limo, then I believe I need to maintain emissions/DOT standards. This could be a problem here in California. I want a vintage looking bus, and CA is in the process of getting older diesels, in effect, off the road by requiring expensive retrofit equipment.

I also want to have a drive up window. I realize I need a really low floor to accomplish this. 

I've seen permanently stationary busses as coffee shops, and rolling busses without seating as coffee shops, both of these with and without drive up windows. I don't think I've ever seen a mobile coffee bus with seating and a drive up window.

3 Replies Related Threads

mar52
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 11466
    Re: Bus with coffee and on board seating. 2016/07/08 13:59:54 (permalink)
    How about a permanent drive up ramp o your property that you park next to rather than lowering the floor?

I've never seen a dedicated coffee truck or bus but I love the corner drive-throughs.  With me it's grab and go.  I don't sit around a coffee shop to enjoy a cup of coffee... and I love coffee.
    coffeebus
    Junior Burger
    Re: Bus with coffee and on board seating. 2016/07/09 00:09:08 (permalink)
    mar52
    How about a permanent drive up ramp o your property that you park next to rather than lowering the floor?

That's a good idea!
    bhornbacher
    Junior Burger
    Re: Bus with coffee and on board seating. 2017/11/02 22:53:22 (permalink)
    I would love to see how your finished product turned out. Around my neck of the woods (Oklahoma City), the folks at junctioncoffeeokc.com turned a double-decker bus into a coffee shop much like what you are describing. It's pretty cool!
    Jump to:
    © 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5