Capons

Author
tmiles
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2791
2017/11/21 17:11:28 (permalink)

Capons

Today, the paper said that capon is being served a lot more often for Thanksgiving. They gave credit to Game of Thrones. I've had capon, although not recently. To me it is just chicken with a higher price tag. I prefer an Oven Stuffer Roaster (tm?). Are there any capon lovers here? 

3 Replies Related Threads

Greymo
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4247
    Re: Capons 2017/11/21 17:24:39 (permalink)
    I have a great story about capons.  Two weeks ago, three of my granddaughter's  midshipmen friends had decided on an overnight hiking trip to Harper's Ferry.  It started poring rain on  their way there so they called and asked if they could come and stay here. Of course we said yes and they came in and told us not to worry about  cooking.  They had brought a capon with them, which they had intended to cook over a fire!  Well, they did the capon (in the oven) and we supplied a tossed salad and mashed potatoes.  It was a fun evening.

The next morning, they were treated to pancakes and real maple syrup before continuing on with their hike.

tmiles
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2791
    Re: Capons 2017/11/21 18:53:47 (permalink)
    So Greymo, how was the capon?? My sister likes hosting Middies (sp?) too. Her husband and son both went to the Naval Academy, and there seems to be a tradition of hosting Midshipmen, even when your own kids are no longer involved. Don't be surprised if you end up hosting a friend of a friend of a friend's son or daughter in the future. Thankyou for doing it, because it means a lot. My brother in law sent Christmas cards to the folks who hosted him for years. 
    Greymo
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4247
    Re: Capons 2017/11/21 22:51:13 (permalink)
    I have no idea how good it was. We  had finished with dinner by the time they arrived.. However, they seemed happy and my granddaughter , a midshipman is still laughing about the whole evening.  We love having  these guys over and looking forward to the final count for Thanksgiving dinner.  We are prepared!
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5