Casey Jones Old Country Store, Jackson Tennessee

Author
Z66 Butch
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 199
2005/11/14 19:59:20 (permalink)

Casey Jones Old Country Store, Jackson Tennessee

Has anyone ate there? It is in Jackson Tennessee and we are having a group dinner there next month. They have a daily buffet and you can order from the menu. We have never ate there and it is not a chain but rather more of a local attraction. They also have shopping and a Casey Jones museum in the same area.

Butch

5 Replies Related Threads

Poverty Pete
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2352
    RE: Casey Jones Old Country Store, Jackson Tennessee 2005/11/14 20:46:09 (permalink)
    I've eaten there. You could do worse. You'll probably have a good time.
    Bobs
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 244
    RE: Casey Jones Old Country Store, Jackson Tennessee 2005/11/14 21:43:54 (permalink)
    I live near there and and eat there once in awhile. It has a better than average buffet and does a tremendous tourist business. It ranks as one of the top ten tourist attractions in TN. There are some interesting shops on the site and you will have an enjoyable day. If you are really serious about barbeque you need to find your way to Latham's on Hwy. 45 north or Reggi's. Both are nearby and you can do some serious eating. They both have whole hog bar-b-q , ribs, chicken and much more. Hay's Smokehouse is in Lexington, which is 30 minutes away. Now you are talking delicious. Have fun!
    Z66 Butch
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Casey Jones Old Country Store, Jackson Tennessee 2005/11/14 21:45:06 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Poverty Pete

I've eaten there. You could do worse. You'll probably have a good time.

Thanks, I checked there website out. They have a menu online, it looks like a lot of southern cooking. The buffet is low priced so I don't expect to much..........

Butch
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13939
    RE: Casey Jones Old Country Store, Jackson Tennessee 2005/11/15 17:41:20 (permalink)
    As a fan, I strongly suggest that you try Hay's Smokehouse in Lexington, TN which is just a few miles farther east. They are open on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. This place is neat as a pin and your group will truly enjoy their BBQ.

Please check the search option on this forum for Hays. You will see numerous positive reports and none negative that I have read.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville,, TN
    Z66 Butch
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Casey Jones Old Country Store, Jackson Tennessee 2005/11/15 19:06:37 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Sundancer7

As a fan, I strongly suggest that you try Hay's Smokehouse in Lexington, TN which is just a few miles farther east. They are open on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. This place is neat as a pin and your group will truly enjoy their BBQ.

Please check the search option on this forum for Hays. You will see numerous positive reports and none negative that I have read.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville,, TN

Thanks for the suggestion but I am not the one planning this GTG. They have already decided on The Old Country Store. We get down to Tennessee a few times a year as our daughter lives there so I will keep Hay's Smokehouse on my list of places to try.

Butch
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5