Charlottesville fried chicken - where should I go?

Author
berkovw
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 15
2019/06/02 20:49:11 (permalink)

Charlottesville fried chicken - where should I go?

I'm going to be in Charlottesville, VA in a couple of weeks.  Last time I was there, I got the best food from the Preston Ave Shell that I found out about on this website.  That was back in 2014.

What do you think?  Should I go back or should I try another fried chicken place in Charlottesville?

6 Replies Related Threads

Root-Beer Man
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1862
    Re: Charlottesville fried chicken - where should I go? 2019/06/02 21:11:34 (permalink)
    It's been a while since I was there, but we had some really good chicken at Michie Tavern. Yeah, it's a touristy place, but the food was really pretty good. If you like stewed tomatoes, they were really a good side.
    Davidsanders
    • Total Posts : 1217
    Re: Charlottesville fried chicken - where should I go? 2019/06/03 00:32:42 (permalink)
    First place to go in Charlottesville is Ace Biscuits, for their biscuits and their pulled pork. Both are fantastic. There's a report on Roadfood.com of Charlottesville fried chicken. 
    https://roadfood.com/tours/charlottesville-virginia-fried-chicken/

buffetbuster
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 12604
    Re: Charlottesville fried chicken - where should I go? 2019/06/03 08:07:20 (permalink)
    berkovw
    I'm going to be in Charlottesville, VA in a couple of weeks.  Last time I was there, I got the best food from the Preston Ave Shell that I found out about on this website.  That was back in 2014.

What do you think?  Should I go back or should I try another fried chicken place in Charlottesville?

Always glad to see a fellow Western Pennsylvanian on here...

Ideally, if you have time, try to get back to your previous favorite and try a new one.  If you only have time for one, I would lean to trying the new place.  Who knows, maybe you will end up with a new favorite.

It's not the fried chicken you are looking for, but our favorite Roadfood restaurant in the area was Dr. Ho's Humble Pie.  We had a fantastic meal there.
    MetroplexJim
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7348
    Re: Charlottesville fried chicken - where should I go? 2019/06/03 11:45:00 (permalink)
    Even though I heartily agree I agree with the above suggestions of Dr. Ho's and Ace Biscuit, if it's "Charlottesville Fried Chicken" you want the best exemplar of such is Wayside Market's. 

"Back in my day", the perfect ending for matches on the Lady Astor Courts was a parking lot picnic of Wayside's fried chicken washed down by PBR.  
    Davidsanders
    • Total Posts : 1217
    Re: Charlottesville fried chicken - where should I go? 2019/06/03 12:06:23 (permalink)
    MetroplexJim
    Even though I heartily agree I agree with the above suggestions of Dr. Ho's and Ace Biscuit, if it's "Charlottesville Fried Chicken" you want the best exemplar of such is Wayside Market's. 

"Back in my day", the perfect ending for matches on the Lady Astor Courts was a parking lot picnic of Wayside's fried chicken washed down by PBR.  

One of the stops on the Roadfood Virginia fried chicken crawl (see link above) is Wayside. 
    MetroplexJim
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7348
    Re: Charlottesville fried chicken - where should I go? 2019/06/04 16:15:16 (permalink)
    Davidsanders
    MetroplexJim

One of the stops on the Roadfood Virginia fried chicken crawl (see link above) is Wayside. 

Indeed. 
    And being a convenience store/ grocery I'm sure they still sell PBR or, better yet, Coors Light. 
    (The last PBR I had was 'back then', before Coors became available east of the Rockies).
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5