Cheddar Cheese and Ham soup
This is something I got off recipezaar. Best soup I ever had!!
3 tablespoons butter
2 carrots, chopped fine
2 stalks celery, chopped fine
1 onion, minced
1/2-2/3 cup cooked ham
4 mushrooms, chopped
4 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
4 cups chicken broth
2 cups milk
2-3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
salt and pepper
1. Melt butter in a large, heavy saucepan.
2. Brown carrots, celery, onion, ham and mushrooms over high heat.
3. Turn heat to medium and cook until tender.
4. Sprinkle in flour, paprika,dry mustard.
5. Stir over low heat about 5 minutes.
6. Gradually whisk in chicken broth and milk.
7. Stir until slightly thickened.
8. Add cheese and whisk until melted.
9. Do not boil.
10. Season with salt and pepper.
11. Top w/ parsley.