"Chicken Salad Chick" - fast casual/catering chain

Author
MetroplexJim
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6740
2017/04/30 12:27:29 (permalink)

"Chicken Salad Chick" - fast casual/catering chain

Has anyone here ever tried them?

I had never heard of them before I saw them featured on a morning show; they have stores all over the South East - NC, SC, GA, FL, AL, MS, LA, TN, and now Texas.

I love a good chicken salad - especially with grapes or cranberries, walnuts or pecans. 

Boston Market used to have a good one, but they all closed around here. 

COSTCO had a wonderful 'California-style' that I loved, especially as it had a long shelf life.  I bought that several times before I ran into someone from COSTCO corporate and asked him to guide me to the stuff.  He called it "Our Immortal Chicken Salad".  Suddenly, I lost my appetite for it.

In any case, I'm curious about this place.  Their only Texas store is 50 miles and I'd like to know if it would be worth the drive.

11 Replies Related Threads

mar52
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 11565
    Re: "Chicken Salad Chick" - fast casual/catering chain 2017/04/30 13:19:56 (permalink)
    I liked Costco chicken salad until it was "pulled due to".....  I don't remember what the poison agent of the day was.

it really was good.
    MetroplexJim
    Sirloin
    Re: "Chicken Salad Chick" - fast casual/catering chain 2017/04/30 17:04:12 (permalink)
    mar52
    I liked Costco chicken salad until it was "pulled due to".....  I don't remember what the poison agent of the day was.

it really was good.

E coli in 2015, followed by salmonella in 2016 led the FDA to issue a general "warning". 

The kind I loved was "Sonoma Chicken Salad" -- cranberries and almonds.
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 22693
    Re: "Chicken Salad Chick" - fast casual/catering chain 2017/04/30 19:39:30 (permalink)
    I have never even tasted chicken salad. When I was a little boy my mother told me to never eat chicken salad. "You'll die if you eat chicken salad," she said. It's the only order she ever gave me that I obeyed. It seems when she was a little girl one of her cousins got sick and died after eating chicken salad at a picnic -- or so she said.
    will_work_4_bbq
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 587
    Re: "Chicken Salad Chick" - fast casual/catering chain 2017/05/01 06:38:23 (permalink)
    It's pretty good here in Alabama, although I'm not sure I'd drive 50 miles to get there!  They have a basic, plain chicken salad, and numerous variations with different ingredients added.  The sides are fresh.  Great for a quick, tasty lunch.
    MetroplexJim
    Sirloin
    Re: "Chicken Salad Chick" - fast casual/catering chain 2017/05/01 09:01:33 (permalink)
    will_work_4_bbq
    It's pretty good here in Alabama, although I'm not sure I'd drive 50 miles to get there!  They have a basic, plain chicken salad, and numerous variations with different ingredients added.  The sides are fresh.  Great for a quick, tasty lunch.

To quote a local boy, Alright, Alright, Aright ... thank you for your 'on topic' response!

The way restaurants proliferate in the Metroplex most likely I won't have to wait very long for a Chicken Salad Chick to open near me here in McKinney, Texas - Money Magazine's and USA Today's "Best Place to Live in America".

EDIT:
    post edited by MetroplexJim - 2017/05/01 09:04:17
    MetroplexJim
    Sirloin
    Re: "Chicken Salad Chick" - fast casual/catering chain 2017/05/01 09:18:09 (permalink)
    Michael Hoffman
    I have never even tasted chicken salad. When I was a little boy my mother told me to never eat chicken salad. "You'll die if you eat chicken salad," she said. It's the only order she ever gave me that I obeyed. It seems when she was a little girl one of her cousins got sick and died after eating chicken salad at a picnic -- or so she said.

We had similar upbringings except that my 'bringer of fear' was my maternal grandmother who had dire warning after dire warning about people dying from:

a) drinking cold milk when over-heated
    b) squeezing pimples
    c) catching trichinosis from under-cooked pork

and, of course
    d) eating mayo/egg- based salads that had "gone bad".

First generation from France, she prepared the tastiest food and kept the cleanest kitchen ever.

My particular favorite was the fact that the crud under dirty nails could kill and army!  Happily, I have taken that bit of advice to heart.

post edited by MetroplexJim - 2017/05/01 09:20:32
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    Re: "Chicken Salad Chick" - fast casual/catering chain 2017/05/01 10:28:50 (permalink)
    Oh, yeah! Trichinosis. I was 30 years old when I discovered that pork chops were tender AND the meat was white not charcoal color.
    cavandre
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1957
    Re: "Chicken Salad Chick" - fast casual/catering chain 2017/05/01 10:41:11 (permalink)
    Michael Hoffman
    Oh, yeah! Trichinosis. I was 30 years old when I discovered that pork chops were tender AND the meat was white not charcoal color.

My mom didn't think pork chops were cooked if you didn't see the NHL logo on them.
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    Re: "Chicken Salad Chick" - fast casual/catering chain 2017/05/01 10:43:19 (permalink)
    cavandre
    Michael Hoffman

My mom didn't think pork chops were cooked if you didn't see the NHL logo on them.

lleechef
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 11568
    Re: "Chicken Salad Chick" - fast casual/catering chain 2017/05/01 10:44:22 (permalink)
    My mother used to make chicken salad from time to time.  She put halved grapes in it.  Wasn't bad, not my favorite food.

My Nona too, used to cook pork well done, but it was always juicy and delicious.  Her kitchen was spotless.....she would use EZOff on the oven every time she used it, even if she was making biscotti.  They don't splatter!  Didn't matter.

Her dire warning was when us grandkids were there in the summer and it was already in the 90s and humid when we went down to the kitchen in the morning. "You children go back upstairs and put your slippers on!  You're going to catch your death of cold!!!"  Aw, Nona.   
    HollyDolly
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1186
    Re: "Chicken Salad Chick" - fast casual/catering chain 2017/05/10 13:31:55 (permalink)
    May have to look this one up.So many new outfits coming to the San Antonio and surounding area its hard to keep up with them all.
    Jump to:
    © 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5