Columbus - April 2005 - Frozen Four Weekend

Author
msgoff
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
2004/12/09 11:20:03 (permalink)

Columbus - April 2005 - Frozen Four Weekend

College hockey's championship is coming to Columbus, OH in April 2005. My friends and I are making our annual trip to the Frozen Four and are looking for good places to eat.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Michael

4 Replies Related Threads

Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 23195
    RE: Columbus - April 2005 - Frozen Four Weekend 2004/12/09 11:55:32 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by msgoff

College hockey's championship is coming to Columbus, OH in April 2005. My friends and I are making our annual trip to the Frozen Four and are looking for good places to eat.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Michael

Cap City Diner, Ocean Club, Cameron's, Scali's, The Top Steak House, Schmidt's Sausage Haus, The Refectory, Handke's, Skyline Chili, City Barbeque. They're all good, and except for Skyline, not a single chain.

I can't recall whether the Frozen Four will be at Nationwide Arena downtown, or at the Schottenstein Center on campus. Either way, all of the above are a short driving distance, with Scali's, a terrific Italian restaurant on the far east side, the farthest away.
    msgoff
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: Columbus - April 2005 - Frozen Four Weekend 2004/12/09 12:18:33 (permalink)
    quote:
    I can't recall whether the Frozen Four will be at Nationwide Arena downtown, or at the Schottenstein Center on campus. Either way, all of the above are a short driving distance, with Scali's, a terrific Italian restaurant on the far east side, the farthest away.

Thanks Michael - we'll have to try some of these out! The Frozen Four is at the Schottenstein Center on campus.
    KCMiller
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 1
    RE: Columbus - April 2005 - Frozen Four Weekend 2004/12/15 20:00:27 (permalink)
    Those are all good (albeit expensive, for the most part - not Sykline, though!) suggestions, but I could make more if I knew what part of town you're staying in, and what sort of food you are looking for. Surprisingly, Columbus has become quite a food town in the past few years.

Let me know, and I'll see what I can come up with for you.

KC
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 23195
    RE: Columbus - April 2005 - Frozen Four Weekend 2004/12/15 20:21:32 (permalink)
    Here are some more for you -- all of them pretty close to the Shot:

Easy Living, a deli in a small strip mall on Lane Avenue, just a few blocks west of the arena. Just beyond that, there's a new Wolfgang Puck place. Across Lane Avenue from Easy Living, and a block or two west is La Chatelaine, a French bakery and bistro.Also on Lane, and almost directly acrtoss from Easy Living is Tommy's Pizza. The pizza's OK, but they have some pretty good Italian food as well.Straight up Olentangy from the arena and across the street there's a Bob Evans. Good biscuits and gravy and other midwest farm-type stuff.
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5