Helpful ReplyHot!Come to Cheese Days in Monroe!

Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5
Author
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6893
Re: Come to Cheese Days in Monroe! 2016/09/14 07:48:35 (permalink)
BuddyRoadhouse
The big Cheese Days weekend is coming up quickly!  We've scrapped our plans to spend the entire weekend in south central Wisconsin and will only be in Monroe this Sunday the 18th.  I believe the ScreamingChickens will be there the same day, although for some reason they won't get there until 5:15 (finally discovered the source of the joke). 

5:15 is correct...if you mean 5:15am Saturday to be first in line for cheese curds!!

I know this is a long shot, but by any chance are you going arrive around the Sunday opening time of 9am?  Maybe driving up Saturday afternoon/evening might not be a bad idea?

Mrs. C has dogsitting duty Saturday but I might check out Cheese Days on my own for a few hours.

http://www.cheesedays.com./complete-schedule/
post edited by ScreamingChicken - 2016/09/14 07:50:12
BuddyRoadhouse
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5101
Re: Come to Cheese Days in Monroe! 2016/09/14 15:07:50 (permalink)
Unfortunately, I'm working Saturday until 10pm, so Sunday will be our only option.  The plan is to leave around 11am, arriving in Monroe 1:30-2pm.  We'll stay till 5 or 6pm, then head home with a stop for Greasy CheeseBurgers.

Buddy
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
Re: Come to Cheese Days in Monroe! 2016/09/17 12:43:57 (permalink)
I just returned from Monroe and judging by the number of people already there at 9:30am, tomorrow's going to be a very busy day.  And with the current forecast for sunshine and temperatures in the mid to upper 70s I wouldn't be surprised if the single-day attendance record is threatened.

I watched 2 preteen girls take "The Limburger Challenge"* and their reactions were quite entertaining.

Cheese curds, corn dogs, and beer: the true breakfast of champions!

Buddy, I snagged 4 cheese curd tickets so you won't have to wait in the ticket line tomorrow.  They're yours for $17.50 apiece.

And now I'm going to take a nap.

* For $2 you get a slice of Limburger cheese between 2 slices of cocktail rye, with onion and mustard available.  An extra $1 adds braunschweiger.  And you get an individually-wrapped wintergreen or pep-o-mint Lifesaver for afterward.
BuddyRoadhouse
Sirloin
Re: Come to Cheese Days in Monroe! 2016/09/17 13:55:04 (permalink)
I've taken the Limburger Challenge many times and always beat the odds.  Frankly, I don't know what the big deal is.  Limburger is a little stinky up front, but once it's in your mouth and the full flavor comes through, it's a very enjoyable experience.

$17.50 per Cheese Curd ticket seems like a reasonable price to pay if you avoid the line to get them.

My real hope is that the owner of the local bodega has repaired his Al Pastor Taco Cart and is out hawking his wares.

If you went today, does that mean we won't see you on Sunday?

Buddy
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
Re: Come to Cheese Days in Monroe! 2016/09/17 17:56:36 (permalink)
Speaking of bodegas, the Hispanic market we checked out 2 years ago has either moved or closed as there are "For Rent" signs in the window.  I didn't see any food carts while I was there this morning but it's certainly possible some showed up later.

I don't have anything scheduled for tomorrow so I'll probably show up.  My employer has issued me a fancy new iPhone 6 so shoot me a text or call when you're about an hour away.
BuddyRoadhouse
Sirloin
Re: Come to Cheese Days in Monroe! 2016/09/17 22:51:57 (permalink)
I'll be pumping fresh electricity into my cellphone battery tonight so we can communicate tomorrow.

Very disappointing to hear about the absent bodega.  The Al Pastor Tacos were a tasty counterpoint to all the cheese and German food dominating the landscape.

Buddy
Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5
Jump to:
© 2016 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5