AnsweredConcession trailer from China?

Author
Buloff
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 25
2017/04/11 20:14:05 (permalink)

Concession trailer from China?

Hi, guys! Has anybody used this sort of trailers from China? I'm interested in what quality is this thing? 

I cannot attach the image for some reason(
post edited by Buloff - 2017/04/11 20:34:05
hpx
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 205
Re: Concession trailer from China? 2017/04/12 01:41:33 (permalink)
Shipping from china will murder you, takes forever and at the whim of customs, you might never see what you have purchased. Lots of luck ever getting it registered. If this is the type of unit I think you mean, they look cheap and next to unusable. I would steer clear of anything from China
RodBangkok
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 554
Re: Concession trailer from China? 2017/04/12 04:29:09 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby Buloff 2017/04/12 14:55:23
First thing to do is check to see if this company has a domestic rep, that will give you some assurance you have a source for assistance and perhaps spare parts service.  Secondly you would need a freight forwarder, these are the folks that will insure what you buy can be imported, they deal with customs and can ascertain if there are import duties involved.  Your freight forwarder will give you a quote for the freight charge, and formalities, these are the costs for paperwork, perhaps local delivery from the port of entry, customs paperwork, etc.
It's important to run all the numbers and insure you have a domestic rep, then take a step back and see if its worth it.  
We buy a lot of equipment from China, but have local reps here for those items, that makes life very easy as they do service and carry spares.  
With online purchasing now its easy to fall into a bad deal, so buying such a large item site unseen, without a domestic rep, or at least someone else that has one is risky at best.  
Buloff
Junior Burger
Re: Concession trailer from China? 2017/04/12 14:53:08 (permalink)
hpx
Shipping from china will murder you, takes forever and at the whim of customs, you might never see what you have purchased. Lots of luck ever getting it registered. If this is the type of unit I think you mean, they look cheap and next to unusable. I would steer clear of anything from China

There are a lot of trailers on ali baba site. I thought it shouldn't be a problem, because all things now ships from China. Hm... My main consern is about quality, because I'm not able to check it by photos. 
Stupid question - I cannot get how to attach photos here. I would show you what I'm talking about.

Buloff
Junior Burger
Re: Concession trailer from China? 2017/04/12 14:57:09 (permalink)
RodBangkok
First thing to do is check to see if this company has a domestic rep, that will give you some assurance you have a source for assistance and perhaps spare parts service.  Secondly you would need a freight forwarder, these are the folks that will insure what you buy can be imported, they deal with customs and can ascertain if there are import duties involved.  Your freight forwarder will give you a quote for the freight charge, and formalities, these are the costs for paperwork, perhaps local delivery from the port of entry, customs paperwork, etc.
It's important to run all the numbers and insure you have a domestic rep, then take a step back and see if its worth it.  
We buy a lot of equipment from China, but have local reps here for those items, that makes life very easy as they do service and carry spares.  
With online purchasing now its easy to fall into a bad deal, so buying such a large item site unseen, without a domestic rep, or at least someone else that has one is risky at best.  

Thanks for complete answer! But it's a big headache, it appears. Wow(

ShuttleBus
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 32
Re: Concession trailer from China? 2017/04/12 19:37:35 (permalink)
Host your pic somewhere like Photobucket and you can show us.
Buloff
Junior Burger
Re: Concession trailer from China? 2017/04/12 19:56:33 (permalink)
Got it)

Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5