Helpful ReplyHot!December 2018 CSO European “Pre-tour”, and Paris and London

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Author
Davidsanders
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1189
Re: December 2018 CSO European “Pre-tour”, and Paris and London 2018/12/30 13:16:39 (permalink)
Thursday, December 13th 

After another very early breakfast at the hotel…..

….. I headed for Gare du Nord and the Eurostar to London. I stopped at Paul at the train station and got a croissant and…..

….. I’m not sure what, although now looking at it, maybe it was a small Kouign Amann.

There was an unnecessary and not particularly good breakfast on the train.

It was great to be back in London. The Wellington Arch coming up from the Hyde Park Tube station.

Equestrian Statue of the Duke of Wellington.

After being told that I was being upgraded to a king room, I found four maintenance workers huddled around the shower of my room, which had two single beds. Things finally got straightened out and I headed off to my first stop, the chocolate court at Selfridges. It looked like there were about a dozen chocolate shops represented. I had read about Artisan du Chocolat and tried a few pieces. It was very good, but it was getting difficult for me to tell much difference between the different chocolates.

My next stop was Honest Burgers. I had originally planned to go there to try the chips (fries) which had been rated among the best in London. I hadn’t planned on a burger, but when I sat down and looked around, I saw that the burgers looked really good. I thought I would just eat a few bites. It turned out it was so good I ate every single bite. I hadn’t eaten burgers in London for some time, since the 70s or 80s, because they were never very good. They’ve really upped the burger game in this city!

I think I liked the burger more than the chips. They didn’t really need the rosemary seasoning, although that’s the specialty.

Honest Burgers
16 Picton Place
https://www.honestburgers.co.uk

A few sites around the area. I love walking around the little streets that are full of surprises.

And I really enjoy going into Liberty and seeing how they’re decorated for the holidays.

Carnaby Street.

Chinatown.

My next stop was in Chinatown, at Beijing Dumpling, another place I had read about. 

A nice pot of tea.

An order of pork Xiao Long Bao (soup dumplings). They didn’t have a lot of soup in them, but they were quite tasty.

Click on the link to see the steaming dumplings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKJ2VuFrHsI

An order of pan fried pork dumplings (pot stickers). They were also very good, although one edge was so well done they were almost too hard.

Beijing Dumpling house
23 Lisle Street
https://www.yelp.com/biz/beijing-dumpling-london

I walked to Leicester Square to get to the Tube for Harrods, and the Godiva Chocolate Bar. 

Always fun to ride these very steep escalators.

It all looks so amazing.

I thought about getting this triple fudge cake, but it has a coffee flavoring, which isn’t for me.

I had the hot chocolate, which I’ve had a few times, and once again it was very good.

I also had the chocolate praline bar for the first time, and it was fabulous. 

Harrods Godiva Chocolate Café
87-135 Brompton Road
http://www.harrods.com/content/the-store/restaurants/cafe-godiva

For dinner I headed back to Chinatown to another favorite of mine, Jen Café. 

I love the fact that a person sits in the window and makes dumplings all day long.
Click on link to see the dumplings being made at Jen Café.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6o4WnGADjY

It’s such a small restaurant you often wind up sharing tables with others.

They seemed a little off from previous visits, mostly because the greens, which I have had several times, were waterlogged.

I especially liked the pot stickers.

Jen Café
4-8 Newport Place
https://www.yelp.com/biz/jen-cafe-london

I walked back to my hotel and passed a number of wonderfully decorated streets.

.....much more to come

post edited by Davidsanders - 2018/12/30 14:36:36
Wintahaba
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 936
Re: December 2018 CSO European “Pre-tour”, and Paris and London 2018/12/30 13:18:46 (permalink)
David, Truly awe-inspiring. Thanks.
Tumbleweed365
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 202
Re: December 2018 CSO European “Pre-tour”, and Paris and London 2018/12/30 13:30:59 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby nagle 2018/12/30 13:50:35
Thank you, thank you for such a wonderful report.
I felt like I was there beside you seeing and tasting the wonders of Paris that I’ve longed to experience. You write from the perspective of Everyman, and not the slick brouchers mass produced.
I for one, truly appreciate the work you put into your reports and try to save each of them.
Being able to travel the world, and then bring it back for others to experience, is truly a blessing. Thank you.
leethebard
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10290
Re: December 2018 CSO European “Pre-tour”, and Paris and London 2018/12/30 13:31:05 (permalink)
Love London. Can't wait. Took many students to London over the years!

Davidsanders
Re: December 2018 CSO European “Pre-tour”, and Paris and London 2018/12/30 14:38:53 (permalink)
BuddyRoadhouse
I'll  bet in his world he is a rock star!

Buddy

I think he probably is.
MetroplexJim
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7330
Re: December 2018 CSO European “Pre-tour”, and Paris and London 2018/12/30 17:31:11 (permalink)
Davidsanders

….. I headed for Gare du Nord and the Eurostar to London. 

What a wonderful facility the Eurostar is:  Paris to London in 2:15.  Center city to center city, the Eurostar is literally faster (and less expensive and oh, so much, more pleasant) than flying!

Davidsanders
Re: December 2018 CSO European “Pre-tour”, and Paris and London 2018/12/30 17:38:45 (permalink)
Friday, December 14th 

This morning was my first on this trip that didn’t include breakfast in the hotel. It wasn’t included in my rate, as opposed to all the other days. That was fine, because the bakery I went to more than made up for it. Dominique Ansel, the creator of the cronut, has seven locations worldwide, three in New York, two in California, one in Tokyo and this one in London. This is a spectacular bakery, and while I didn’t try the cronut (my mistake!) I did have the DKA, Dominique’s Kouign (pronounced Queen) Amann. A caramelized flaky crust and tender layered interior, this was described by the New York Times as “the fattiest pastry in all of Europe.” What more could you ask for! 

This might be fun someday.

I wish I had tried one of these. Or all of these.

Good tea.

My plain croissant. It was very good, but not on the same level as Gaudard’s and a couple of other places in Paris.

The DKA was spectacular. 

I finished it and ordered another, and I also ordered a chocolate coconut croissant. This was wonderful, although too much for me to finish.

The combination of chocolate and coconut in the croissant was terrific.

Dominique Ansel Bakery
17-21 Elizabeth Street 
http://dominiqueansellondon.com

I started walking back to the hotel and realized that I could take a direct route past Buckingham Palace. As I approached the gates, I saw huge crowds and realized it was the time of the Changing of the Guard. I wasn’t able to see much, because of the crowds, but it was fun to hear the band play Leroy Anderson’s Sleigh Ride, as well as other popular favorites.
The road to the Palace.

I wouldn’t want to try to get over this wall!

Click the links to hear the band and see some of the changing of the guard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XjaKig4TIk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgwn8mA0SP0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6-D1FLKc9I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POs6bGAzdXo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hbyvQIZywg

I walked back to my hotel, through more crowds and The Green Park.

Good advice.

I always enjoy walking through this park.

The next stop was to the Dorchester Hotel, a three minute walk from my hotel, for the Festive Champagne Afternoon Tea. I had gone for Tea at the Dorchester the last time and really loved it. This version was a bit more expensive, because they were only offering the Champagne Tea for the holiday season. 

This was a special complimentary mango flavored tea that was finished steeping when the flower opened. It was very interesting. 

The five sandwiches, cucumber, egg, smoked salmon, turkey on cranberry bread (my favorite), and ham.

The second sandwich serving. This time I asked for only four, and left out the ham.

The scones, plain and cranberry.

Clotted cream, strawberry jam, and a plum jam. Fantastic.

The four pastries: Santa’s hat (gingerbread panna cotta, mulled wine jelly); Christmas bauble (cinnamon spiced apple compote, streusel crumble, vanilla custard); Orange caramel sandwich (almond cake, mandarin crémeux, orange marmalade jam); and Chestnut cassis Mont Blanc (blackcurrant and lemon mousse, chestnut biscuit and edible gold leaf). I really enjoyed these, but I didn’t love them. I really loved the ones during my last visit, but these holiday pastries, with lots of jam fillings and things like that, are not really my favorites.

Obviously, this is Santa’s Hat!

The bonus dessert, a mini mince pie. Very good, but very sweet.

After almost two hours I stumbled back to my hotel. I really enjoyed the afternoon.

The Dorchester Hotel
53 Park Lane
https://www.dorchestercollection.com/en/london/the-dorchester/restaurant-bars/afternoon-tea/

After recovering for a while from the Tea I decided I’d better have some dinner, so I started walking up to Piccadilly Circus. 

On the way I saw what looked like an inviting donut shop, so I stopped in for one.

I’m not sure why my donut had an X on it, but it might as well have meant “don’t eat me.” I took one bite in the shop, put it back in the bag, and left, looking for the closest garbage can. It really was pretty bad. I’d like to think maybe it was because it was almost closing time, because I can’t imagine they would get much business selling donuts like that.

I walked by Trafalgar Square….. 

….. and the National Portrait Gallery.

Even though I thought it would probably be a mistake, I decided to go to Din Tai Fung for dinner. I have really enjoyed it the several times I have been in Taipei and California, and they had just opened their first restaurant in London nine days earlier. The line didn’t look too long, but it just didn’t move. It took 45 minutes to get into the restaurant, and then another 55 minutes to get a table. It was very cold waiting outside, and it was very cold waiting inside as well. It was also cold at my table. While I enjoyed the soup dumplings, the soup inside really wasn’t hot enough in most of them, and some of them were just plain tepid. I also had the hot and sour soup, which was quite good. I’m assuming they are still working out the kinks and will improve over time. 

The restaurant is directly across the street from Covent Garden.

The long wait inside the restaurant.

The dumpling-meisters.

Click on the link to see the dumplings being made.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hJi9QSvLNI

The hot and sour soup was better than the dumplings.

After dinner I walked through Covent Garden.

Click on the link to see the Covent Garden video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dJWBIdP2oo

.....much more to come.

post edited by Davidsanders - 2018/12/30 21:58:12
leethebard
Porterhouse
Re: December 2018 CSO European “Pre-tour”, and Paris and London 2018/12/30 18:12:57 (permalink)
Oh, I'm so hungry and my blood sugar went through the roof just looking at this post!
Davidsanders
Re: December 2018 CSO European “Pre-tour”, and Paris and London 2018/12/30 18:24:35 (permalink)
MetroplexJim
Davidsanders

….. I headed for Gare du Nord and the Eurostar to London. 

What a wonderful facility the Eurostar is:  Paris to London in 2:15.  Center city to center city, the Eurostar is literally faster (and less expensive and oh, so much, more pleasant) than flying!

The first time I went to Europe, in 1974 for my first Chicago Symphony tour, I went two weeks early with my mother. We spent three nights in London and then went to Paris for three nights. We took a cab to Victoria station pretty early, and the train from Victoria to Dover, which I think left at 9 am. We then took the boat across the English Channel to Calais, almost got trampled to death by the seemingly thousands of people who were on that boat. We then took the train to Paris, arriving sometime after 5 pm. What an enormous difference this is.
will_work_4_bbq
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 710
Re: December 2018 CSO European “Pre-tour”, and Paris and London 2018/12/30 20:31:15 (permalink)
I wish we did afternoon tea here!  And those bakeries!  Everything looks spectacular!
leethebard
Porterhouse
Re: December 2018 CSO European “Pre-tour”, and Paris and London 2018/12/30 21:24:25 (permalink)
will_work_4_bbq
I wish we did afternoon tea here!  And those bakeries!  Everything looks spectacular!

Look for tea rooms. They're popping up everywhere. We have one in Brick, and my wife and I have done an afternoon tea. Check around.
Davidsanders
Re: December 2018 CSO European “Pre-tour”, and Paris and London 2018/12/30 22:00:20 (permalink)
leethebard
will_work_4_bbq

Look for tea rooms. They're popping up everywhere. We have one in Brick, and my wife and I have done an afternoon tea. Check around.

I think there are a number of places in Chicago that offer it, mostly older hotels and places like that. I would assume it would be the same in other areas as well.
Davidsanders
Re: December 2018 CSO European “Pre-tour”, and Paris and London 2018/12/30 23:30:36 (permalink)
Saturday, December 15th 

There is a possible tour for the CSO in August 2021, that might possibly include the Proms in London, where we won’t have played in over a decade. Guido had mentioned that several of the other orchestras he tours with have been staying in the Kensington area of London, as opposed to the Hyde Park area where we have stayed many times. I volunteered to continue the “pre-tour” and look at the hotel, so I walked over there this morning. I’m not sure if I had ever been in Hyde Park before. It was a nice walk with lots of nice views.

The Serpentine, a 40 acre lake in Hyde Park.

The Albert Memorial.

Royal Albert Hall. The reason to stay in the area is because this is where the Proms are held.

The area directly across the street from the hotel was not the best, and rather run down.

However, within a couple of blocks I found a nice little restaurant/coffee shop.

I had a plain croissant, and it was pretty good.

Another block away was a very nice looking church…..

…..and a Whole Foods.

This a very good bakery.

I was going to try the small blueberry pie, but they told me that it was mostly a muffin, with more of a jellied blueberry filling inside.

It all looked so good, but I stuck with my plain croissant, which was very good…..

…..and a hard roll and butter, which was great.

I next took the Tube to Westminster, from where I was going to walk across the bridge and visit the Imperial War Museum. When I came out from the underground it was already starting to rain, was very cold, and I just didn’t feel like that kind of a walk. As I was looking at Big Ben, under construction until 2021, I saw a very interesting sight of young horses in training weaving around the mostly stopped heavy traffic.

Click the link to see the young horses in training.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuCdDLGFTrQ

I went back to the Bond Street area, where I had gone on my first day. That day I had noticed another restaurant that specializes in soup dumplings, so I gave it a try. They were quite good. 

I liked the way they steeped the tea.

I got two orders of three xiaolongbao.

I had wanted to go back to Gail’s Bakery, which I had been to a couple of times on my last visit, but it was really too far away in the steadily increasing rain to think about. But when I looked on Google Maps, I saw that there was another branch not too far away, and back in the direction of my hotel. I also noticed that they were across the street from a Starbucks. I hung out at Gail’s for awhile, having a few items, and then went across the street to hang out at Starbucks for awhile. It was that kind of a day. By the time I left Starbucks it was pouring rain, but I was able to find the bus that stopped in front of my hotel.

A little salami sandwich on a very good little roll....

.....with very good little pickles.

A sour cherry and dark chocolate scone.

A pistachio and rose cake. Everything was very good.

Dinner was another return visit, this time to Wiltons Restaurant. Open since 1742, this is a wonderfully elegant and properly British restaurant, and I enjoyed myself very much. It was a great last dinner in London.

The bread was great.

Excellent beer from Guinness.

The wonderful prawn cocktail.

The filet was very good, although it didn’t match up to what I had had in Paris at Les Deux Magots.

The sides were all excellent. I especially liked the sprout tops with bacon and chestnuts.....

..... and the braised red cabbage.

The mashed potatoes were the creamiest I ha every had, with basically no potato texture. They tasted good, but I think they were actually too creamy.

I didn’t order dessert, but they brought me two mini mince pies, which were very sweet. I was offered two more, but I said no.

.....more to come.

post edited by Davidsanders - 2018/12/31 13:57:08
Davidsanders
Re: December 2018 CSO European “Pre-tour”, and Paris and London 2018/12/31 01:24:24 (permalink)
Sunday, December 16th 

I got an early start and took the Tube to Heathrow. I was once again in business class, and the flight was pretty uneventful, except for an hour delay, because the United flight to Chicago an hour and a half earlier than my flight had been canceled, and they were trying to accommodate as many passengers from that flight onto my flight. I was happy to get home safely.
My breakfast from the United business class lounge was pretty good.

I really enjoyed this trip. I had an interesting time doing the work on the “pre-tour” with Heidi and Guido, and I really enjoyed being able to take the opportunity to go back to my two favorite European cities.

Here is the summary of my report, such that it is.

My favorites (no particular order):
Sebastien Gaudard
Les Deux Magots
Harrods Godiva Chocolate Café
Wiltons
Ristorante Papa Francesco Milan
Pierre Hermé 86 Champs
Des Geteaux et du Pain (pastry only)
Dominique Ansel

Runners up:
Gail’s Bakery 
The Dorchester Afternoon Tea
Le Bistrot Paul Bert
Oz Harran Doy Doy
Ristorante Tango
Hugo & Victor
Honest Burgers
Ole & Steen

Very good:
Gaffel Kolsch
Jen Café
Beijing Dumpling House
Café Reichard
Wurst & Co. (Cologne Christmas Market)
Hilton Cologne Ice Bar
Hilton Cologne Breakfast
Gerard Mulot
Café de la Paix
Hotel Splendide Royal Lugano Breakfast
Obicà Duomo Milan
Princi Bakery Milan
Angelina Café 
Hotel du Colectionneur Breakfast
La Patisserie des Reves
Des Geteaux et du Pain 
Jean- Paul Hevin Chcolatier
Pong Pong

Good:
Din Tai Fung
Paul Bakery Chain
Rosa Grande Milan Breakfast
Café Panis
Aubaine

A disappointment:
Crosstown Doughnuts
Hilton Paris Opera breakfast

Davidsanders
Re: December 2018 CSO European “Pre-tour”, and Paris and London 2018/12/31 01:24:24 (permalink)
I seemed to have added the last day twice, so I've deleted the second one. Not sure if I can actually delete an entire post.
post edited by Davidsanders - 2018/12/31 10:21:07
will_work_4_bbq
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 710
Re: December 2018 CSO European “Pre-tour”, and Paris and London 2018/12/31 07:30:23 (permalink)
Outstanding!  Really enjoyed your report!
MetroplexJim
Sirloin
Re: December 2018 CSO European “Pre-tour”, and Paris and London 2018/12/31 07:52:15 (permalink)

I can think of no better way to express my gratitude for your travail d'amour than to quote Tumbleweed365's kind words: 

Tumbleweed365
Thank you, thank you for such a wonderful report.
I felt like I was there beside you seeing and tasting the wonders of Paris that I’ve longed to experience. You write from the perspective of Everyman, and not the slick brouchers mass produced.
I for one, truly appreciate the work you put into your reports and try to save each of them.
Being able to travel the world, and then bring it back for others to experience, is truly a blessing. Thank you.

The kindest advice I can give my fellows here is to make a visit to Paris a "bucket list" must-do. 

Certainly, spend a week doing all the 'touristy things' - maybe even including a weekend in (now) nearby London. 

Then, spend a week with no agenda other than just to walk about, poking around, and letting fate determine your choice of nourishment.  I guarantee that second week will become the one you treasure most in memory.

post edited by MetroplexJim - 2018/12/31 07:53:44
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 9236
Re: December 2018 CSO European “Pre-tour”, and Paris and London 2018/12/31 09:08:12 (permalink)
I count 41 different restaurants/food services, and you patronized several of them more than once.  Well done!
chickenplucker
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 859
Re: December 2018 CSO European “Pre-tour”, and Paris and London 2018/12/31 10:07:36 (permalink)
Just an incredible trip David. Thanks for taking us along. If I ever have any grandchildren I am signing them up for cello lessons.
leethebard
Porterhouse
Re: December 2018 CSO European “Pre-tour”, and Paris and London 2018/12/31 10:37:48 (permalink)
This was an amazing report. Thanks for all the work getting it out to us. Appreciated!
nagle
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 338
Re: December 2018 CSO European “Pre-tour”, and Paris and London 2018/12/31 13:30:04 (permalink)
Davidsanders
I seemed to have added the last day twice, so I've deleted the second one. Not sure if I can actually delete an entire post.

Don’t delete it David! I would be happy to read your reports again, and again, and again..............
Davidsanders
Re: December 2018 CSO European “Pre-tour”, and Paris and London 2018/12/31 13:58:44 (permalink)
nagle
Davidsanders

Don’t delete it David! I would be happy to read your reports again, and again, and again..............

Thanks!
MetroplexJim
Sirloin
Re: December 2018 CSO European “Pre-tour”, and Paris and London 2018/12/31 15:26:24 (permalink)
Davidsanders

….. I’m not sure what, although now looking at it, maybe it was a small Kouign Amann.

Indeed, it is. 
Kind of. 
Paul's tend to be light with few folds, unlike these travails d'amour that, shockingly, are available from a French-trained pastry chef right here in McKinney, TX:

mlm
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 659
Re: December 2018 CSO European “Pre-tour”, and Paris and London 2019/01/02 22:50:37 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby MetroplexJim 2019/01/03 08:00:01
Truly great report, David. I think my biggest "Carmella" moment were the Paris shots you took in the morning, when you were fighting the birds for your apple tart. Looking along the Seine, I keep expecting to spot Gene Kelly and Leslie Caron. ....It's very clear....our love is here to....stay not a year.... but forever and a day....MMMMm.....sigh.......
MetroplexJim
Sirloin
Re: December 2018 CSO European “Pre-tour”, and Paris and London 2019/01/03 09:03:25 (permalink)
One of the many joys in following this thread has been learning more about things I thought I pretty much knew.  For one thing, we all kept calling those items David kept buying in les patisseries "pastries".

Properly, most were Viennoiserie.  This gracious young lady explains:

These days, not knowing French in Central Paris is no impediment; pretty much all service personnel know enough English to accommodate us Americans.  A few trips ago I went into a patisserie and asked for 'an elephant ear'.  The clerk led me to the case where they were on display and fetched the one of my choosing.  However, she would not hand it over until I learned its proper name: "palmier".  It was all very good-natured, unlike the time I grabbed a baguette (just as anyone would in a Safeway). 

In France, even if a baked good is in easy reach, the customer does not touch!  Actually, even pointing to a particular item is considered gauche, but is tolerated.  Properly, the customer says, e.g.: "une baguette, s'il vous plait" and the clerk hands you what they consider to be the best one.  That always gets a smile.
post edited by MetroplexJim - 2019/01/03 09:06:43
pnwchef
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3094
Re: December 2018 CSO European “Pre-tour”, and Paris and London 2019/01/03 09:37:01 (permalink)
I didn't want to go to Paris until today. Thanks for the journey you always do a great job with your reports. My Granddaughter is taking French and wants to take a month long trip to Paris. This would be a chance for her to speak nothing but French during their time there. I may tag along with a goal of  "In search for the perfect Croissant" being top on the list. There are many foods you can eat every day and soon get tired of eating them. Croissants aren't one of those food items. A Good/Great Croissant is a work of art. Thanks for sharing your adventure. You can tell it comes from the heart.....pnwchef
hatteras04
  • Total Posts : 1342
Re: December 2018 CSO European “Pre-tour”, and Paris and London 2019/01/03 11:06:35 (permalink)
Wow.  This is such a great report.  And it is extra special for me because my wife and I were there at the same time.  We flew in on November 30th and were there until December 9th.  So we overlapped on your first day there and then we left right before you came back for round two.  You take such wonderful pictures.  This proves to me that, even though we've been there three times, there is plenty more to explore (ok I didn't really need convinced of that).

I'm glad you had such a good time.  And it was a good break for you to leave on the 8th as that was the only time the protesting really affected our trip.  Many of the stores and tourist attractions closed down in anticipation of problems.  Luckily we were pretty tired by then and just wandered around our neighborhood.  We still managed to find some cozy cafes and some open shops to keep us busy.

Thanks for taking the time to put this report together.  I think a London December trip is also in our future. 
hatteras04
  • Total Posts : 1342
Re: December 2018 CSO European “Pre-tour”, and Paris and London 2019/01/03 11:09:03 (permalink)
We did go to Les Deux Magots but just for a quick rest and a midday pick me up.  We'll have to eat there next time.

Attached Image(s)

Davidsanders
Re: December 2018 CSO European “Pre-tour”, and Paris and London 2019/01/03 17:16:26 (permalink)
MetroplexJim
One of the many joys in following this thread has been learning more about things I thought I pretty much knew.  For one thing, we all kept calling those items David kept buying in les patisseries "pastries".

Properly, most were Viennoiserie.  This gracious young lady explains:

Yes, you are right. This is the menu from Dominique Ansel.
post edited by Davidsanders - 2019/01/03 17:18:38
Davidsanders
Re: December 2018 CSO European “Pre-tour”, and Paris and London 2019/01/03 17:18:00 (permalink)
pnwchef
I didn't want to go to Paris until today. Thanks for the journey you always do a great job with your reports. My Granddaughter is taking French and wants to take a month long trip to Paris. This would be a chance for her to speak nothing but French during their time there. I may tag along with a goal of  "In search for the perfect Croissant" being top on the list. There are many foods you can eat every day and soon get tired of eating them. Croissants aren't one of those food items. A Good/Great Croissant is a work of art. Thanks for sharing your adventure. You can tell it comes from the heart.....pnwchef

I agree 100 percent that a great croissant is a great work of art. Even a really good one is as well.
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5