Deep Fried Turkey. Is the taste worth the mess?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 13822
RE: Deep Fried Turkey. Is the taste worth the mess? 2006/04/03 21:20:47 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Jimeats

Vic, I think it might be storage problems. It has been known to go rancid if not stored or used in the propper manner. I understand that you use yours daily, but the average home consumer might use it once a month at best. I myself buy it in bulk, but I do filter and share it with my friends also. Like I said in an earlier post while the oil is hot I get the most out of it. The last item I cook in the older oil is fish, then I discard. Chow Jim

It definately is the storage issue with me. I might use it less than twice a year and I hate to take up large amount of pantry space for something that is used infrequently.

I can definately state that I enjoyed the bird fried. Crispy skin and a very moist interior that stayed that way.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
kman160
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 160
RE: Deep Fried Turkey. Is the taste worth the mess? 2006/04/03 22:57:19 (permalink)
it's definitely worth it
I ussually do 2 or 3 @ a time
they only take ~ 45min each & there is nothing like the crunchy skin & moist meat, if you inject with your favorite concoction all the better
the few things to remember are to first drop in a bird, fill with water, take bird out, mark the water level. This shows how much geese to use. I've seen many fill the sucker up get the oil up to temperature then try to duck the bird in. Also make sure the bird is totally thawed & dried.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5