Etouffee at Liliana's (Madison WI)

• Total Posts : 7015
2014/05/14 19:21:14 (permalink)

Etouffee at Liliana's (Madison WI)

One of our favorite places to eat in the Madison area is Liliana's in Fitchburg.  The owner and chef specializes in New Orleans/Cajun/Creole cuisine and I thought he's originally from Louisiana, but apparently he's actually a local who learned authentic Big Easy cookery.  A couple of weeks ago there was a retirement party at a nearby restaurant and since I had about an hour or so to kill before it started I decided to pop in to Liliana's for dinner (with Mrs. Chicken's grudging approval).

Since it was just me I chose to eat in the bar.  The dining room is linen and silver so it's definitely an upper-scale place but not to the coat-and-tie level.

I started with a single crab cake.  As a native Midwesterner I'm certainly no expert but I thought it was excellent, with plenty of crab, not much filler, and a nice touch of chile heat.

At first I was planning on just having a couple of different appetizers, but then I couldn't remember if I'd ever had the etouffee so I made a quick executive decision.

Honestly, we've never been disappointed here and the etouffee kept the streak alive.  It had enough spice to give me "eye sweats" significant enough to warrant a couple of Abita Turbodogs to keep the fire in check, and had plenty of shrimp, crawfish, and other goodies that gave it lots of flavor.
Of course, since I went on my own I now owe Mrs. C a dinner there.  Not that that's a bad thing...

2 Replies Related Threads

Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 21705
    Re:Etouffee at Liliana's (Madison WI) 2014/05/14 19:29:14 (permalink)
    • Total Posts : 10799
    Re:Etouffee at Liliana's (Madison WI) 2014/05/14 20:08:55 (permalink)
    Unfair!  That looks superb.  My kind of meal!
    Jump to:
    © 2016 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5