Helpful ReplyHot!Fairwell To An Old Standby (I miss classic Chinese-American Cantonese)

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
mlm
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 605
Re: Fairwell To An Old Standby (I miss classic Chinese-American Cantonese) 2018/11/28 10:53:15 (permalink)
I still remember the first Chinese restaurant in San Marcos, the Hong Kong. It opened in the mid 70s.  It was so nice with good food, red soft furnishings and soft music. It was such a treat since my only prior experience with Chinese food was by way of La Choy. It was owned by David Chiu, a Chinese native. As long as he was the owner, about twenty years, it was pretty decent but when he sold it it began to slip. The last time I ate there the service was good and the food was ok but all the atmosphere was gone. Shortly afterwards it was retitled 'Wok and Roll'. I haven't been back since. I just CAN"T go to a place with a name like that. We have one called Imperial Garden which is about as old as the Hong Kong was and the last time I ate there it was still ok. The Chinese buffet places here are straight off the Sysco truck. I am sure I could do just as well or better if I can get past my fear of stir frying.
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5