Hot!February Fun in the Florida Sun (NEWEST UPDATE 08/11/17 ON PAGE 2!!)

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
mar52
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 11466
Re: February Fun in the Florida Sun 2015/03/02 22:13:25 (permalink)
Gator!

When I was in Florida you'd always know when there was an alligator by the side of the road in the ditch...  There were always cars pulled over with people out of them pointing down at them.

I didn't know moss grows on turtle shells.  Every time I tried to get a turtle picture they'd jump in the water.

Love birds!
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7971
Re: February Fun in the Florida Sun 2015/03/03 08:20:56 (permalink)
Interesting shots of the birds...looks like a mix of year-round residents and winter visitors, including a rare Northern Hairy-faced Warbler!

Jay and the Americans should probably consider a name change to Jay and the AARPs...
The Travelin Man
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3933
Re: February Fun in the Florida Sun 2015/03/03 10:54:49 (permalink)
I'll just say this for right now....I'm glad you had a better experience than I did at PA BBQ. We went to the one in Port St. Lucie after a spring training baseball game last year (or the year before?) and it was more than forgettable. 
crew84row
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 257
Re: February Fun in the Florida Sun 2015/03/03 11:21:23 (permalink)
Great Review Billy! 

I'll have to keep these places in mind the next time I'm down in south FL.   For your next trip, swing by Saltwater Brewery for their great craft brews and a game or two of shuffleboard.  It's on West Atlantic by the railroad tracks just off I-95. 
billyboy
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2847
Re: February Fun in the Florida Sun 2015/03/03 16:07:47 (permalink)
pnwchef, I'll make sure the next time I get one that Dayna and I will have two straws and be on the way to the sock hop!

SC, Sandy Deanne (one of the original members of Jay & The Americans) said they have been together for 55 years in one form or another! 

TTM, sorry to hear you had a bad experience.  I definitely wouldn't call it a destination place but the Monday special of a full rack for 15 was a pretty good deal.  I would make a detour to pick up a couple jars of those "Hotties" pickles!

crew84row, thanks!  Is Saltwater Brewery in Delray Beach? (I just looked up their website.  Looks great and the idea of sitting at a picnic table under some palm trees drinking a craft beer or two sounds great!)  I picked up my rental car down there and it looks like Atlantic Avenue has a wealth of restaurant options.  
post edited by billyboy - 2015/03/13 21:25:03
FriedClamFanatic
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2039
Re: February Fun in the Florida Sun 2015/03/03 19:07:51 (permalink)
Man it was ALL Great......but...........clam strips???  Enough places in Fl have expat New Englanders running them that clams with bellies are more common there than in PA or MD
billyboy
Filet Mignon
Re: February Fun in the Florida Sun 2015/03/03 20:08:00 (permalink)
FCF, we went to the Eagle with the intention of getting mussels as Bob said they are some of his favorite in the area.  When we found out they were out of them we decided to stay and try some of the other offerings on the menu.  I'm not sure how Dayna and her dad feel about whole belly clams but I didn't grow up with them and the squishiness isn't really my thing.  I grew up in Central NY and almost every fried clam you see on a menu is a clam strip.
Twinwillow
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5677
Re: February Fun in the Florida Sun 2015/03/03 20:20:40 (permalink)
billyboy, I always look forward to your great food trip reports. They're the highlight of Roadfood! And this Florida report was no exception.

Thank you for sharing and please, keep traveling.
pnwchef
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3008
Re: February Fun in the Florida Sun 2015/03/04 10:31:46 (permalink)
Billy.....

pnwchef, I'll make sure the next time I get one that Dayna and I will have two straws and be on the way to the sock hop! 

This reminds that I'm looking into renting a Corvette to do a fun roadfood run. At first I looked at Route 66, you know the saying “get your kicks on Route 66.”. Thats a bit to far with that drive being 2k miles. I'm now thinking about the Pacific Coast Highway on the California. If I did this 20 years ago it would be my hair blowing in the wind as I drive. Now, I will be blinding the other drivers with my balding head...........happy you had a fun/ warm trip South.............take care and stay well................Bill
post edited by pnwchef - 2015/03/04 12:32:44
lleechef
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 11412
Re: February Fun in the Florida Sun 2015/03/04 12:01:05 (permalink)
pnwchef
A Corvette?  I thought you were too old to be going through a mid-life crisis! 
FriedClamFanatic
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2039
Re: February Fun in the Florida Sun 2015/03/04 16:03:10 (permalink)
billyboy
FCF, we went to the Eagle with the intention of getting mussels as Bob said they are some of his favorite in the area.  When we found out they were out of them we decided to stay and try some of the other offerings on the menu.  I'm not sure how Dayna and her dad feel about whole belly clams but I didn't grow up with them and the squishiness isn't really my thing.  I grew up in Central NY and almost every fried clam you see on a menu is a clam strip.

If you eat Fried Oysters, think of Whole Belly Clams with a factor of about 5!  I know they aren't for everyone, but for those of us who grew up on them, they are mana
buffetbuster
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 11994
Re: February Fun in the Florida Sun 2015/03/04 18:01:16 (permalink)
Growing up in a fried clams deprived area, I was a fan of the strips.  That was until a visit to The Clam Box, trying the whole bellies and there is no way I would ever go back.  There is a huge difference.
mhill95
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 239
Re: February Fun in the Florida Sun 2015/03/04 20:51:20 (permalink)
We visit the Coney Island often. Plenty of parking and consistent, inexpensive chow.
The Late Don Zimmer (Baseball) would stop before ballgames, order 2 coneys and a Vanilla shake.
He would get 10 togo for his pals at the ballpark.

mike
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 22562
Re: February Fun in the Florida Sun 2015/03/04 21:03:54 (permalink)
billyboy,
 It's a great trip report. Your pictures are wonderful. And I'd have said that even if you hadn't said nice things about a certain 24 hour place that often serves waffles.

TnTinCT
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 702
Re: February Fun in the Florida Sun 2015/03/05 10:40:15 (permalink)
Nice to spend some time in the sun with this terrible winter. As always thanks for sharing your stories and pics!

whatnameisnottaken
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 28
Re: February Fun in the Florida Sun 2015/03/05 12:18:37 (permalink)
billyboy
We started out with a bowl of "Hotties" for the table.  I think these were free as I don't remember seeing them on the menu.  Man, oh man, were these great!  I do enjoy a sour pickle and I do love a good dill but I grew up on sweet (bread & butter) pickle slices and these had the sweetness I remember from my youth paired with a slow creeping heat that made them addictive.  And they were sliced small enough that I could eat that whole bowl and not feel guilty about it.  My only regret is that I didn't buy a couple of jars to bring back with me.

I buy these locally but you can also get them online. Sounds like close to the same thing! Ooops, seems I can't post a link but Google Wickles Pickles. Their main item, the pickles, are bread and butter with peppers. I eat them all the time on everything!

post edited by whatnameisnottaken - 2015/03/05 12:19:49
mlm
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 560
Re: February Fun in the Florida Sun 2015/03/13 08:27:13 (permalink)
I'm getting in here very late, due to my computer issues lately. Really great report, billy. That bakery/deli really got me.
billyboy
Filet Mignon
Re: February Fun in the Florida Sun 2017/06/25 21:35:54 (permalink)
Saturday February 25, 2017 - 
Dayna & I weren't able to make it to see her dad in Florida last year, so we were really looking forward to spending a week with him this winter, back in late February-early March.  I loved this sign across from our JetBlue gate at JFK.

After an uneventful flight, Bob picked us up and we headed to dinner at one of his favorite spots, Park Avenue BBQ Grille.  

Every meal starts out with a free sample of their housemade "Hotties", spicy sweet pickle chips.  The sample size is smaller than the bowl they gave us last year but I suppose we could always ask for more.  Love these things and they packed a spicy punch!

I went with the two-meat combo of brisket and ribs, with collard greens, potato salad and garlic toast.  Not the best BBQ I have ever eaten, but was pretty tender and tasty.  I like a lot of smoke and this was pretty mild in that department.  The collards were tender and packed with meat and that potato salad was cool and creamy.  

Last year, I made the mistake of not getting a jar of these to take home.  I repented for the error of my ways!  Anytime I made burgers or brought home a deli sandwich, I busted these out.  So good!

Sunday, February 26, 2017 - Time for breakfast at The Original Pancake House.  The Dutch Baby and Apple Baby pancakes we had on our last visit in 2015 were amazing but none of us had the appetite for those this time.  

Dayna went with the Farmer's Fruit Stand Crepes topped with blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, peaches and bananas.  These were really great and that fresh fruit was key.

I had the blintzes, filled with a mixture of farmer's cheese, sour cream and vanilla and toped with fresh cut strawberries.  Sweet and tangy and very filling.  

I also ordered a side of their homemade corned beef hash.  Tasty, but I don't like it as much as I wish I did.  I'm a "hash hound" from way back and I live a good homemade hash.  I think this version is just too "loose" for me. I like it when it gets cooked so long on the griddle that it becomes a patty, with a crispy exterior and creamy interior.  

We didn't do any exploring today and opted instead to shop for some new warm weather clothes, flip flops, water bottles and a fan for our bedroom as even with the A/C I still need a gentle breeze at night.  After a marathon of shopping at about a half dozen store, we made our way to dinner.  No bagels for us today but I just loved this signage.  The myth of "NYC water" being the key to good bagels (and pizza) has traveled quite far!

Instead, dinner was at Dominic's Pizza & Pasta in the Renaissance Commons in Boynton Beach.  

I honestly don't recall what Dayna and Bob had to eat but my chicken parmesan was top notch,  Crispy cutlet, lots of slightly browned cheese and a liberal amount of sweet and tangy sauce made for a winner in my book.   

And the side of angel hair with sauce was al dente.  One interesting side note was that there was a long table in the same room where we sat and there was a group of ladies dining together, all wearing hats, different styles of hats but they were ALL red.  I have heard of such groups meeting up once a month in different states for social/service gatherings and they really seemed to be having a good time.  More to come...

post edited by billyboy - 2017/06/25 21:38:17
Wintahaba
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 705
Re: February Fun in the Florida Sun 2017/06/26 13:10:04 (permalink)
Great start BB. Ahhh, the Red Hat Ladies. I have run few restaurants that they would frequent. Interesting group. From online...
"The Red Hat Society is a group of women who greet middle age with humor, amusement, and energy. They enjoy acting silly and childlike while wearing red hats and purple outfits. The women of the Red Hat Society have a fantastic time growing old together by adding comedy and friendship to their life experiences."
billyboy
Filet Mignon
Re: February Fun in the Florida Sun 2017/07/15 13:59:24 (permalink)
Monday, February 27, 2017 - Breakfast with Bob (Dayna's dad) usually means a trip to Flakowitz Bakery & Restaurant in Boynton Beach.  We came here three times during this visit and I think a formal review is in order!  

We started out with a gratis plate of their delicious squares of housemate marble cake.  Love this stuff.  It's moist and has a nice ribbon of chocolate in it.  Bob said they don't give it out to solo diners, just to tables of two or more people (if I remember correctly).

Most breakfast orders/plates come with a choice of bread (bagel, toast, english muffin, etc) but they don't come on a separate plate.  They come altogether in one basket and then each person just grabs what they ordered.  A different presentation than most places but it worked for us.  

My tomato & cheddar omelet with a side of housemate corned beef hash.  The omelet was just ok but that hash is some serious stuff.  They make their own corned beef and it's all in the taste.  I think that next year I'll just get a plate of it with a couple of poached eggs on top.  

I had a bowl of grits on the side which I liked but I'm certainly no expert.

The bakery.  I picked up a half loaf of country white bread, sliced, to take back to Bob's apartment which I toasted with some peanut butter early each morning as a snack to get my appetite revved up for the day.  Some of the best bread I have had in a while.  Seriously.

So many pastries...

And cookies!

Knishes anyone?  They have a full appetizing counter with just about every kind of fish you can think of.

A very sweet letter to Flakowitz.

And a touching poem.

We spent the rest of the afternoon just hanging out at the apartment and I went down the street to the community pool to do some laps.  We ended up having dinner an a nice upscale place named Josef's Table in a strip mall in Boca Raton with Dayna's aunt & uncle.  It didn't seem like a place for picture taking so I left the camera in my pocket.  
Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - Back to Flakowitz for breakfast #2!  We arrived to find a line and after about 15 minutes we were seated close to 10:45am. They begin serving lunch at 11:00am and since it was so close, they let me order from the lunch menu (though they didn't have any soups available yet).  

I started out with what was listed on the menu as a "New York Egg Cream" and while it was tasty the whipped cream on top and drizzle of chocolate syrup just didn't work for me.  On a milkshake?  Maybe.  But I'm a purist and for me an egg cream should be three simple ingredients: ice cold milk, fizzy seltzer water and chocolate syrup (preferably Fox's U-Bet brand), in the right proportions and mixed properly.  

One of the day's specials was twin mini brisket sandwiches with a latke.  The brisket really was meltingly tender and the cup of aus jus just amped up the flavor.  A nice, crispy latke with applesauce set it off nicely.  I passed on the slaw but the pickle was pretty good.  

A great way to work off that huge lunch was a trip to The Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens in Delray Beach, FL.  In the early 20th century, group of people from Japan emigrated to what is now Boca Raton in an attempt to start a farming community known as the Yamato Colony.  George S. Morikami was one of the last surviving member of the colony and had donated 140 acres of land he had acquired over many years to be used as a park and museum as a way to honor the Yamato Colony and the people who had begun a new life here in Florida.  

The trees here are just lovely.  

There are many benches along the paths to sit, take in the view and just be.

Turtle!

Bamboo trees...

...all along the path.

Even some trees bent over to create a tunnel of sorts.

Not the best photo (I was really struggling with the sunlight and shadows) but I love the Monty Python quote!

So many different styles of Japanese gardens on display from various eras.  Early Rock Garden (early Muromachi Period, 14th century).  

Looks like a pineapple trying to grow from the side of this tree!

Late Rock Garden (Muromachi Period, 15th century). 

This design is most familiar to me, from the shops in malls that sell miniature versions forepeople to use on their desk at work for de-stressing.  We sat here for a bit and just took it in.  There were many other people there but no one was really talking, just soaking in the view.  So quiet and peaceful.  

I see a face in the middle of this rock that reminds me of Ben Grimm aka "The Thing" from The Fantastic Four!  Does anyone else see it?

Hiraniwa Flat Garden (Edo Period, 17th - 18th centuries). 

I love the raked lines in this garden.  There's a symmetry to it that just feels right to me.  

More bamboo.

This is Hotei, the resident god of happiness of the gardens.  

Just a sampling from such a lovely garden.  I never knew this before but "bonsai" can mean any tree that is artistically shaped and cultivated in a container.  The more you know...

I tried to catch this bird in flight.  The wingspan is quite impressive!

Lizards a-plenty!

Some history on the Museum and Gardens.

This building has on display various elements in the daily life of people in Japan Not too many of my photos came out very well but here are some.  I love this wooden unit.  

Apparently, Kit Kats are HUGE in Japan!  

Some interesting flavors.

This sounds so good.

Not sure this would be a big seller in the U.S. market.

Ayersian and Amy Briesch, I thought of you both when I saw this list!

Pretty flowers.

More birds.

I forget what this is but I feel like I should know...

I never can resist a waterfall shot.

Of everything I saw in the Museum and Gardens today, this was the most special.  The babbling brook sounds, the scent of the moving water and the overall look of this triggered a wonderful memory for me of the creek (or "crik", as we used to call it) down the street from my house that I spent countless hours in with my friends, skipping stones, catching minnows, building dams, exploring tunnels and so much more.  Such happy days.

This was a great exhibit.  Unfortunately, no photo taking allowed inside.  I love art deco and many of then pictures, advertisements, painting and fashions on display really reminded me of the opening scene at the nightclub in Shanghai in "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom".  I know, I know, wrong country, but the look and feel just seemed very similar to me.  

After such a delightful and educational walk (sorry for that distraction, ChiTownDiner, there IS some food coming up soon!!) we made our way down to Lauderdale-By-The-Sea, FL for dinner at the Aruba Beach Cafe with Bob's friends Auggie & Liz.  

Bob and (not) the Gorton's fisherman.

This place had a great vibe with a mix of tourists, locals and college students and our table was right by the beach with an excellent ocean view.  Of course, ole' Billyboy forgot to get a photo of it!  We started out with a order of "Bimini" bread for the table.  Bob, Auggie and Liz have been here before and said we should try it.  Warm and glazed with honey on top, it was a great way to start the meal.  

Dayna's Key West Fried Shrimp were plump, juicy and the crust had an audible crunch.

I went with the Blackened Seafood Trio of scallops & shrimp on a skewer and a filet of mahi mahi.  Really intense flavor without overwhelming the natural taste of the seafood.  The black beans & rice and steamed vegetables were a nice counterpoint.  That's it for this night.  Much more to come...

leethebard
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 8786
Re: February Fun in the Florida Sun 2017/07/15 16:49:24 (permalink)
Great report:Great food and great photography. Thanks so much!

pnwchef
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3008
Re: February Fun in the Florida Sun 2017/07/15 17:12:17 (permalink)
Billy, I'm thinking your thinking you could make a habit of this when it a bit cool in NYC. Great report, thanks for taking the time. The corned beef hash was made perfectly, nice crust.......Bill
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
Re: February Fun in the Florida Sun 2017/07/16 14:55:07 (permalink)
Very nice, Billy!  How long were you at the gardens?  They look like they could easily take up a few hours.

And I have to agree about the CBH, too.  Looks great!
billyboy
Filet Mignon
Re: February Fun in the Florida Sun 2017/07/16 19:34:52 (permalink)
Wednesday, March 1, 2017 - Another day just relaxing by the pool.  While a picture of the parking lot may not seem like much to some, the blue skies and palm trees were a welcome change from the cold, gray days of Manhattan in the dead of winter.  

And the walk to the pool was even more beautiful.  

I don't think I've ever come across this sign in New York City.  I spent the 3-block walk back from the pool looking all around for alligators close by!

Man, these birds keep following me!

Before the trip, I reached out to my cousin, John, to see if he and his family night be able to meet up while I was in Florida.  He lives about 30 minutes south of Bob and our schedules didn't synch up on our trip in 2015 but we were able to get together for dinner this time at Charm City Burger Company in Deerfield Beach, FL.  

A small place but with some big flavors, John said he and his family really like this place.

I love this mural.  The various burger and fry characters walking around town really seem like a grown-up version of the Richard Scarry books I used to read as a kid.

My Cowboy Burger with a 1/3 lb patty, thick-cut peppered bacon, sautéed mushrooms, grilled onions, cheddar cheese, lettuce and tomato.  I added on some pickled jalapeños and ordered it cooked "Right On" (slightly pink and juicy).  This was a multi-napkin wonder and I loved it.  Good, beefy flavor, juicy, a bit of creeping heat from the jalapeños, a nice peppery flavor and crispiness from the bacon and the toasted sesame seed bun held up nicely, right up to the final bite.  

The fresh-cut fries were hot, crispy and salted just right.  

The whole gang is here!  John, his wife, Nicole and their three daughters along with yours truly, Dayna and Bob.  It was so good to connect with them over a great meal.  I hope to see them again soon!  More to come...

ann peeples
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10304
Re: February Fun in the Florida Sun 2017/07/17 08:25:57 (permalink)
Such a wonderful report!!
billyboy
Filet Mignon
Re: February Fun in the Florida Sun 2017/08/11 15:37:39 (permalink)
Thursday, March 2, 2017 - Before we parted ways at dinner the night before, we made plans to meet John for lunch at his work, the Jupiter Country Club in Jupiter, about 30 minutes north of where we were staying.  We pulled into a plaza to get some gas and I couldn't resist a shot of this sign.  Can anyone guess why??

I think we should have come here for lunch!  Guacamole Authentic Mexican Food DBA Italian Feast LLC.  Not even sure what else to say...

Despite being an overcast day, the view inside of the portico at the Jupiter Country Club was very nice.  

My golf game needs a LOT of work (especially my long game) but I could've gone out for nine holes,

While in the clubhouse I pout the camera away for the most part so as not to be intrusive but I couldn't miss a shot of this tasty turkey club sandwich.  While this version didn't come with bacon and they were out of the avocado that was supposed to come with it, Dayna offered me some of her guacamole, which added a nice touch.  This was a pretty hearty sandwich and very fresh tasting.  It was great to just sit and relax with John and shoot the breeze with him for a bit.  Till next time, cuz!

I did some online sleuthing when we first arrived in Florida and being a big lighthouse buff, I came across the Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse and Museum, just a short drive from Boynton Beach.  

Many local artists come down here to paint and it was lovely to see them practicing their craft.

Don't think I've seen a drawbridge go up in years.

A little history.

Such a beautiful lighthouse with a wonderful backdrop.  It has been around since 1860 but the museum has only been here since 1972.  

Our guide was very informative and told us the history of this tree, which has been here since the late 19th century and has to be continually painted or it will get out of control.  Many of the roots are directly under the deck around the tree.  

A dizzying spiral staircase  Dayna made it all the way to the top and to what I am sure was a breathtaking view but I got nervous near the top and didn't feel right, so I slowly walked back down.  Maybe next year...

A Seminole meeting hut.

The Seminoles have had a strong presence in this area, beginning in the mid-19th century.

Some history on the Tindall Pioneer Homestead.

A lovely home but I imagine that pioneer life was not easy.

The kitchen, a focal point of life in the pioneer days.

We made our way back to Bob's place but were jonesing for dinner so we stopped at a place we all loved on our last trip, the Eagle Grill & Oyster Bar in Greenacres.  

I picked an appetizer of wings (Buffalo & honey-garlic style).  Not the best mix.  I should have just stuck with the Buffalo flavor.

Bob chose the mussels, which looked and smelled fantastic.

Dayna had the Ultimate Gumbo that came topped with one of their crab cakes.

I had one crab cake as an app last year so I went for the pair in the entree section.  Man, these are what crab cakes are supposed to taste like.  Jumbo lumps, just enough bread crumbs/crushed crackers and mustard to bind it and a touch of spice.  The crab is the real star here.  I made the mistake of getting a crab cake sandwich at a food hall in NYC after this trip and it was just a breaded hockey puck with mushy crab in it.  Never again!! 

Friday, March 3, 2017 - A bit overcast, but a perfect day for lunging by the pool without getting sunburned.

Ahh, this is the stuff!

Another breakfast at Flakowitz!  I've never had matzo brei before so I gave it a shot.  They asked if I wanted it scrambled or pancake-style.  I went with the scrambled and perhaps I chose unwisely.  It was rather bland.  The caramelized onions and applesauce helped but it just felt like it needed...something.  

The bacon was quite good though.  A nice balance of crispy and chewy.

I found a Black & White cookie I actually like!  FINALLY!!  I didn't think such a thing existed.  Having grown up on Half Moon cookies (which I feel are a VERY different thing!) I've always frowned upon Black & Whites as being the lesser cousin.  The ones at Flakowitz are moist, cake and full of flavor.  Perfect with a cup of coffee or a tall, cold glass of milk.  
Some history.

Our last stop before the flight back to NYC was at Manatee Lagoon in West Palm Beach.  I had read about this online as well and not having ever seen a manatee up close, I thought this would be a cool thing for all of us to check out.  

They look so cute!

They have a nice facility and lots of educational programs as well as displays that really help visitors learn about manatees.

This is the actual lagoon where manatees can be seen.  They are not in captivity and come and go as they please so visitors may not see them during their visit.  

The manatees appear more often during the colder months to swim in the warm waters that come out from the Florida Power & Light Company plant.  

Will we see any manatees?

This is the best view that we had while watching for about an hour. 

So close!

What better way to wrap up this Florida trip than at the most regionally appropriate Roadfood spot I can think of?!  Wanderingjew, this one's for you, man!  Just kidding!!  We stopped in a shopping plaza for some frozen yogurt and this was right next door.  

I did pickup some Coconut Patties to bring home and to give to my co-workers stuck in wintry NYC.  Love these things.

That's it for this trip.  More to come in 2018,  Thanks for tuning in!

"Eating is an adventure, enjoy the ride!" - billyboy, 2017

The 411:

1.)  Park Avenue BBQ Grille
      4796 Congress Ave
      Boynton Beach, FL 33426
      Ph# (561) 357-7427

2.)  The Original Pancake House
      7720 W Boynton Beach Blvd
      Boynton Beach, FL 33437
      Ph# (561) 740-9033

3.)  Dominic's Pizza & Pasta
      1790 Congress Ave
      Boynton Beach, FL 33426
      Ph# (561) 734-3033

4.)  Flakowitz Bakery & Restaurant
      7410 W Boynton Beach Blvd
      Boynton Beach, FL 33437
      Ph# (561) 742-4144

5.)  The Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens
      4000 Morikami Park Rd
      Delray Beach, FL 33446
      Ph# (561) 495-0233

6.)  Aruba Beach Cafe
      1 Commercial Blvd
      Lauderdale-By-The-Sea, FL 33308
      Ph# (954) 776-0001

7.)  Charm City Burger Company
      1136 E Hillsboro Blvd
      Deerfield Beach, FL 33441
      Ph# (954) 531-0300

8.)  Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse & Museum
      500 Captain Armour's Way
      Jupiter, FL 33469
      Ph# (561) 747-8380

9.)  Eagle Grill & Oyster Bar
      4636 Jog Rd
      Greenacres, FL 33467
      Ph# (561) 964-0009

10.)  Manatee Lagoon
        6000 N Flagler Dr
        West Palm Beach, FL 33407
        Ph# (561) 626-2833

ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
Re: February Fun in the Florida Sun 2017/08/12 09:07:06 (permalink)
That bowl of Ultimate Gumbo looks really good!  Nicely done, Bill.
billyboy
Filet Mignon
Re: February Fun in the Florida Sun 2017/08/12 10:16:37 (permalink)
Wintahaba, thanks for the info on the Red Hat Society.  They sound like a pretty cool group of ladies.

ScreamingChicken, regarding the Japanese Gardens, we probably spent a few hours there just strolling through and taking our time.  We had a lovely day for it.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5