scrumptiouschef
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2102
2018/06/05 14:40:28 (permalink)

3 Replies Related Threads

Greymo
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4224
    Re: Field Report: Echo's Pizza 2018/06/05 18:01:34 (permalink)
    That pizza looks great!
    MetroplexJim
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6880
    Re: Field Report: Echo's Pizza 2018/06/06 10:17:11 (permalink)
    Good stuff!
    The "gospel" of Neapolitan-style pizza has now spread across this bountiful nation.  Hallelujah! 

Here in Dallas we also have some excellent exemplars of such.  My favorites among them are the "original" Olivella's (near SMU) and Cane Rosso in Deep Ellum.

Both were (and are) so successful in serving quality product at their original locations that they have opened other stores in the Metroplex and even beyond.  We were terribly excited when Cane Rosso opened a location in Fairview just two miles from us, but we were so terribly disappointed with the product that we stopped going not only there, but to their "original" 35 miles from us.  It took a RF get-together to get me back to their Deep Ellum location and I was delighted to find that it was, if anything, 'better than ever'.

And, I had a similar experience when I took a colleague to Olivella's Lakewood 'branch'.  It was terrible.  And, as a result, we haven't gone back to their SMU original location.

It's hard to duplicate excellence.  That's why Aaron Franklin says he will never open another store.

leethebard
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 9245
    Re: Field Report: Echo's Pizza 2018/06/06 11:17:53 (permalink)
    MetroplexJim
    Good stuff!
    The "gospel" of Neapolitan-style pizza has now spread across this bountiful nation.  Hallelujah! 

Here in Dallas we also have some excellent exemplars of such.  My favorites among them are the "original" Olivella's (near SMU) and Cane Rosso in Deep Ellum.

Both were (and are) so successful in serving quality product at their original locations that they have opened other stores in the Metroplex and even beyond.  We were terribly excited when Cane Rosso opened a location in Fairview just two miles from us, but we were so terribly disappointed with the product that we stopped going not only there, but to their "original" 35 miles from us.  It took a RF get-together to get me back to their Deep Ellum location and I was delighted to find that it was, if anything, 'better than ever'.

And, I had a similar experience when I took a colleague to Olivella's Lakewood 'branch'.  It was terrible.  And, as a result, we haven't gone back to their SMU original location.

It's hard to duplicate excellence.  That's why Aaron Franklin says he will never open another store.

Agreed. HELP STAMP OUT FAKE PIZZA!!!
    Jump to:
    © 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5