Helpful ReplyHot!Firearm lovers.

Page: << < ..4647484950 Showing page 50 of 50
Author
eruby
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 961
Re: Firearm lovers. 2016/08/09 12:40:39 (permalink)
Okay tmiles, now I see.  First you said 'using a Utah permit' but now you mention 'temporary residency' which makes more sense, but like you, I would never do it.  I could go to another state and buy a non-HBAR AR15, but that would be breaking Maryland law, so I would never do that.

Michael Hoffman, people moving to Maryland with an non-HBAR A15 must have purchased it prior to 10/1/2013 or it illegal to bring in and they must register all hanguns within 90 days of residency. Handguns sold in Maryland cannot have magazine with over 10 rounds.  The Free State indeed. 

Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 21468
Re: Firearm lovers. 2016/08/09 13:30:40 (permalink)
eruby
Okay tmiles, now I see.  First you said 'using a Utah permit' but now you mention 'temporary residency' which makes more sense, but like you, I would never do it.  I could go to another state and buy a non-HBAR AR15, but that would be breaking Maryland law, so I would never do that.

Michael Hoffman, people moving to Maryland with an non-HBAR A15 must have purchased it prior to 10/1/2013 or it illegal to bring in and they must register all hanguns within 90 days of residency. Handguns sold in Maryland cannot have magazine with over 10 rounds.  The Free State indeed. 

Maryland doesn't permit the sale of ARs without heavy barrels? Why is that?
ronnielee54
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: Firearm lovers. 2016/08/09 13:55:43 (permalink)
eruby
Handguns sold in Maryland cannot have magazine with over 10 rounds.  The Free State indeed. 

So in Maryland 10 victims is the accepted number.  I have never understood the logic of magazine capacity limits.  Why is 10 okay but 12 is totally unacceptable?
eruby
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 961
Flagged as Spam (1)
Re: Firearm lovers. 2016/08/09 14:00:07 (permalink)
Michael Hoffman
eruby

Maryland doesn't permit the sale of ARs without heavy barrels? Why is that?

Short answer: Democrats in the General Assembly are stupid.

Longer answer: After Sandy Hook, gun grabbing Democrats had to do 'something' so an assault weapon ban was instituted. Of course the difference between HBAR and non-HBAR is negligible. No magazines >10 rounds can bought/sold/received IN state, but you can go out of state and bring back a 250 round drum legally.  HQL is now needed for handgun purchases.

The Firearms Safety Act of 2013 worked like a charm as there hasn't been a single murder in Baltimore since the passing of the law.

On the plus side, New Hampshire Supreme Court kiboshed the 'home state permit' requirement for non-resident permits so now I can once again carry concealed in Pa. Pennsylvania Attorney General Kane (since disbarred) nixed the Utah and Florida non-resident permits.
post edited by eruby - 2016/08/09 14:03:17
tmiles
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2293
Re: Firearm lovers. 2016/08/09 16:04:06 (permalink)
Michael, I don't pretend to know the law, here in Mass, and now that our Attorney General is being allowed to rule gun ownership via regulation (NOT law, but rather her opinion as to what is good, even retro actively), it is even worse. When I took an EXCELLENT class offered by the Worcester Police dept, even the teacher was vague on this subject, and he said that he was being vague. I am told that our compliant law is similar to CA. The Cabella web site tells when a gun is "legal" in Mass or Ca, but even they use wiggle language.  

The cop's advice, and I'm using my weak 2 or 3 year old memory here, was not to self import even your own out of state hand guns. "Sell" them to yourself via a Massachusetts dealer, so that if they are stolen and then used to commit a crime, you don't become a "criminal" yourself. 

Some folks are fighting this and some folks want to be involved in a "test case". I'll just play by the rules as I understand them, and buy the .380, new, under warranty, from a Mass dealer (probably Cabella's) when some come in. In the meantime, I'll train my daughter with my SR22.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 21468
Re: Firearm lovers. 2016/08/09 16:51:49 (permalink)
I just looked up California's handgun compliant list. It's quite extensive, but I did notice something weird. Ruger. 22 caliber semiautos are not on the list of approved for sale pistols. And there are just two Colt pistols listed as compliant, one of them being the Combat Commander series 80. My Series 70 apparently is illegal in California. And it's the same gun with a different safety.
Page: << < ..4647484950 Showing page 50 of 50
Jump to:
© 2016 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5