Freddy's Frozen Custard And Steakburgers

Author
Root-Beer Man
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1467
2018/06/03 12:55:01 (permalink)

Freddy's Frozen Custard And Steakburgers

Now here's a chain that has really gone under the radar for me, (I think we have one nearby in Westfield, IN). Seems similar to Culver's, in concept. Has anyone been to one of these? I'm not exactly a fan of the smash burger, (preferring a real piece of meat to sink my teeth into), but I'm willing to give anything a try, at least once. I must say that I admire their franchise strategy. That's a real recipe for growth.

https://www.thrillist.com...er-chain?ICID=ref_fark

8 Replies Related Threads

JRPfeff
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5496
    Re: Freddy's Frozen Custard And Steakburgers 2018/06/03 13:33:57 (permalink)
    Tried them once. No reason to return.
    BuddyRoadhouse
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6307
    Re: Freddy's Frozen Custard And Steakburgers 2018/06/03 13:54:11 (permalink)
    Freddy's has been an occasional topic of discussion here for a couple of years now.

Buddy
    chicagostyledog
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3635
    Re: Freddy's Frozen Custard And Steakburgers 2018/06/03 16:51:25 (permalink)
    They make a respectable double cheeseburger with shoe string fries. Their hot dogs and pickle planks are made by Vienna Beef . Try it and decide for your self.

CSD
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13889
    Re: Freddy's Frozen Custard And Steakburgers 2018/06/04 06:20:23 (permalink)
    They opened one in Johnson City TN close to East TN State University.  Roz and I have been there.  I found them to be better than average and sorta fun with a 50"s appearance.  One time I was there, it was hot rod night.  About a hundred folks with their hot rods attended.  
    Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville TN
    Glenn1234
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 841
    Re: Freddy's Frozen Custard And Steakburgers 2018/06/04 21:38:04 (permalink)
    They are more like a knock-off of Steak & Shake for the style of burgers and fries, and like Culver's for the frozen custard.   Not bad ... for a chain.  I've tried one in Fairfax, VA and one in Bradenton, FL when it was late, and most good Roadfood was already closed.  It's not RoadFood, for sure, but it's much better than the major chains (McD's, BK, etc.)   

Glenn

post edited by Glenn1234 - 2018/06/05 00:46:12
    Ram4
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 46
    Re: Freddy's Frozen Custard And Steakburgers 2018/06/04 22:21:28 (permalink)
    I like Freddy's.  Since I've always liked Steak N Shake style thin burgers and Culver's custard it was an easy fit for me.  I just visited the one in St. George, UT two weeks ago.  Double burger was a clone of Steak N Shake in taste, along with the shoestring fries.  The fries aren't a big deal, but the Fry Sauce they have is great and makes those fries taste a lot better.  I also put it on my burger.  I just heard they are opening three locations in the far south Chicago suburbs.  I hope they come to the North burbs eventually.
    phlmaestro
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 843
    Re: Freddy's Frozen Custard And Steakburgers 2018/06/04 23:00:12 (permalink)
    I happen to live about 10-15 minutes from what was once I believe the only Freddy's within hundreds of miles. They've expanded some since the one near me opened.

As I love that style of smashed burger and can't get it anywhere else around here (Charlie's Hamburgers is sort of similar, but not really the same), I've been thrilled to have a Freddy's near me since they opened. I like the burgers very much and also the shoestring fries and hot dogs. The frozen custard isn't quite as good as Culver's or Shake Shack's, but it's still real frozen custard. 

My wife and I were there last week. I had my usual double cheeseburger. They're also offering fried cheese curds (another item on Culver's menu) for a limited time and I had an order of those along with a brownie sundae for dessert.
    HollyDolly
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1209
    Re: Freddy's Frozen Custard And Steakburgers 2018/06/19 16:06:12 (permalink)
    I was there once at the one in Selma,Texas not Alabama. the patties are thin, not like we make them at home or you get at say 5 Guys. The fries are shoe string type, which i'm not used to. But it wasn't bad, but haven't been back.It's not because of the food, but because it's in an odd location down the hill at The Forum at Olympia Hills a large shopping center. Most of the time i forget  about the place but i could go there after i get off work at TJMAXX, since it is across from the Chic-Fila.Still haven't tried their frozen custard yet.
    Jump to:
    © 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5