Helpful ReplyHot!Fred's in Burlington, WI

Page: << < ..2122 Showing page 22 of 22
Author
BuddyRoadhouse
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6627
RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI 2019/08/17 03:57:27 (permalink)
ScreamingChicken
I know that some frozen custard has been proposed as the final stop, but in the spirit of the 2013 Jefferson County tour what about ending the day with a supper club dinner?  The Edgewater is just a few minutes south of Jefferson on County Road K, and south of Whitewater is The Duck Inn in Richmond.  Of course, ending with a full-size dinner is definitely an added expense in terms of both time and money but I figured I'd mention it as an alternative, and if we skip them this time they're always possible as future standalone dinners.

What a co-inky-dink that the Edgewater Supper Club should come up in conversation.  It just so happens I recently came across an entry on said establishment on LTHForum.com.  Sounds like just the kinda place I like: run down and sketchy on the outside, serving great food on the inside.  And the menu says they have Smoked Brisket!  I'd be up for a visit if we aren't wiped out after Wedl's.

The Duck Inn don't look so bad neither, but we (at least some of us) would be backtracking from Wales to get to Delevan.  Maybe another time.

If anyone decides to join us last minute at Fred's, please text me, or anyone else already committed to being there, so we know how big a table to get.
post edited by BuddyRoadhouse - 2019/08/17 03:59:05
X1
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 986
RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI 2019/08/17 09:00:49 (permalink)
We did try Main Event....*after* Fred's.
My parents say we should eat at Main Event first to give it a fairer shot. TBH, I like both, but Fred's is better.
I also think Fred's is better than Nite Owl, but I like Nite Owl, too.
chicagostyledog
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3677
RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI 2019/08/17 15:16:06 (permalink)
ScreamingChicken
So far Fred's is looking like 5 for sure: BuddyRoadhouses (2), ChiBears15, X1 and myself.

Super Tacos Moy is just a couple of blocks from Fred's and I've always wondered if it'd be worth a stop sometime.  How does the menu look to those of you more familiar than I with Mexican food?

Drive 30 minutes west to Elkhorn and Moy's is a Chinese restaurant.

ScreamingChicken
So far Fred's is looking like 5 for sure: BuddyRoadhouses (2), ChiBears15, X1 and myself.

Super Tacos Moy is just a couple of blocks from Fred's and I've always wondered if it'd be worth a stop sometime.  How does the menu look to those of you more familiar than I with Mexican food?

Drive 30 minutes west to Elkhorn and Moy's is a Chinese restaurant.

Moy's is my favorite Wisconsin Chinese food! Been eating there for years, before and after the fire. Highly recommended.

CSD
X1
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 986
RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI 2019/08/17 15:58:47 (permalink)
Sze Chuan is my fave Chinese place.
MilwFoodlovers
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3659
RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI 2019/08/17 19:07:46 (permalink)
Sze Chuan is my all time favorite Chinese restaurant.
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 9230
RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI 2019/08/17 20:04:51 (permalink)
No Chinese food today but we did have:

Fred's: burgers and numerous appetizers
Annie's: root beer, root beer floats, a burger, a BPT and onion rings
Casual Joe's: brisket, pulled pork, chicken, sausage, mac & cheese and beans
Wedl's: burgers and a spicy crab & corn chowder

Out of everything I'd guess the chicken at Casual Joe's was the weakest but even it was OK, and the best part was meeting JRPfeff and Pie Diva's new family member (photos to follow, I'm sure).

The weather was great and aside from Fred's forgetting my pot roast sandwich I'd say it was an excellent way to spend a Saturday.
JRPfeff
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5802
RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI 2019/08/17 22:49:45 (permalink)

This is our new 15 week old Aussie Shepard. Naming rights are in the bid stage.
Davidsanders
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1187
RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI 2019/08/18 09:32:33 (permalink)
JRPfeff

This is our new 15 week old Aussie Shepard. Naming rights are in the bid stage.

What a beauty! Congratulations.
JRPfeff
Sirloin
RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI 2019/08/18 13:55:52 (permalink)

Trevor seems to like it here. He's running off-leash 24 hours after adoption.
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI 2019/08/18 20:28:41 (permalink)
Trevor?  Hmmm...no, not seeing it.

With that shaggy, bewhiskered look he's clearly a Gorman.
post edited by ScreamingChicken - 2019/08/19 09:51:11
BuddyRoadhouse
Sirloin
RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI 2019/08/18 21:44:30 (permalink)
We had a fine time yesterday.  Our annual invasion of Fred's Parkview Bar in Burlington didn't disappoint.  The Burgers, while maybe not "The World's Best", as claimed on the sign outside, still provided great satisfaction and brought one new convert to the flock.  First-timer ChiBears15 and I split a new addition to Fred's menu, the Bacon Jam Burger.  It was their standard 1/2 pound Burger, cooked medium rare with a generous dollop of finely chopped bacon mixed with sweet grilled onions; all topped off with a melted slice of Smoked Gouda.  The Bacon Jam was a little sweet, but the solid beefy flavor of the Burger held its own.

Normally, I'd polish off one of those all by myself, but I knew it was best to start off in moderation.  Once we finished at Fred's, we were embarking on a daunting tour of semi-rural southeast Wisconsin's hidden food gems.

After our Burgers, Pot Roast Sandwiches, Cheese Curds (duh), Potato Kegs, and Parmesan Fries; all washed down with frosty mugs of Sprecher's Root Beer, we headed west to Annie's Burger Town in Elkhorn.  The original intention was to just relax with some of Annie's house made Root Beer, but when "Burger" is in the name of the place, ya gotta check it out. 

It's a good thing we did, because that Burger was better than it had any right to be.  First good sign was the bun.  It stood tall and firm, almost like a high quality brioche bun.  Inside was a juicy 1/4 pound beef patty, with an appetizing undertone of real char-grilled flavor, covered with melted cheese.  Maybe not as good as Fred's, but for a beat-up old joint in the middle almost nowhere, it was pretty damn good.

ScreamingChicken went rogue and ordered a Breaded Pork Tenderloin.  Gotta tell you, this was a really good BPT.  It overhung the bun by a good margin, but not like one of those crazy versions where it looks like an oversized super-thin Frisbee on a bun.  This had some heft and substance.  Nice thickness, enough to hold in the natural juiciness and flavor of the pork, and still very tender.  I'm no BPT expert, but his was one of the better ones I've had.

Oh yeah, the Root Beer, the reason we stopped at Annie's in the first place, was pretty good.  Nice vanilla notes, very smooth and refreshing.  It made a tasty Root Beer Float, too.

From there it was north and west to Whitewater for Casual Joe's for BBQ.  Wisconsin 'Que, generally, barely meets the standard of real Barbecue.  With the exception of places like Speed Queen and Iron Grate in Milwaukee, Wisconsin BBQ lacks any prominent smoke flavor, tasting more like roasted meat.  It's fine I suppose, but not even close to what you've come to expect if you've eaten in any region of the country known for their Smoked Meats.

I knew we were going to be okay at Casual Joe's as soon as I stepped out of the car and smelled the wood smoke wafting from the building.  Except for the chicken, the food didn't disappoint.  We ordered a generous sampler platter for four, which was just enough for six people who'd already eaten at two places and had at least two more to go (as it turned out, it was three for some of us).  The Beef, Pork, and Sausage were all moist and tasty with good smoke flavor.  The boneless, skinless chicken breast was okay, but too dry.  Since they serve it chopped, they'd be better off smoking whole chickens, then mixing all the meat together, not unlike inside and outside meat from a whole hog.

Sides were solid.  For me, the Mac & Cheese covered in crumbled bacon was the stand out.  The Cole Slaw fans loved Joe's seasonal version using cranberries.  The beans were very good; made from scratch with a good amount of smoked meat shards tossed in for flavor.

Service at Joe's was over-the-top helpful.  They were thrilled to have visitors from out of state, even if the state was Illinois.  They let us taste the sides before deciding on what to order and even adjusted the three meat sampler to four, at no extra charge, so we'd get to try everything.  I can't say Casual Joe's is worth going out of your way, but if you're in the area it's a must stop.

Next stop was Poyer's Farm Market, a cute little produce stand in Ft. Atkinson.  Not much to eat other than a few samples of the available fresh fruit and veggies.  They've got lots of locally produced honey, jams, and preserves along with house baked pies.  We walked away with a half dozen ears of local Corn, which I'll be stripping and sauteing in the near future.

We continued north to Jefferson where, for some, we made the most anticipated stop of the day.  Wedl's (pronounced wait'll, as in "Wait'll you taste 'em") Hamburger Stand serves up some the tastiest, greasy little meat muffins on the planet.  Once again, in the name of belly space conservation, CB15 and I split a Burger, this time a Bacon Double CheeseBurger.

In order for you understand what I'm going to say next, it's important for you to know, I grew up on McDonald's classic four Burger Condiments, ketchup, mustard, pickle, and onion.  That is my "go to" topping mix for 95% of the Burgers I've eaten in my life.  Wedl's Bacon Double CheeseBurger requires no added flavor enhancement.  It is the Burger equivalent of Taoism's Uncarved Block; pure, perfect, and a thing of beauty in it's own state without requiring an outside force to change it into something else.  Pretty heady stuff for a greasy CheeseBurger, but once you've tasted Wedl's version, I'll lay heavy odds you'll achieve Burger Enlightenment.

Just for fun, I ordered a bowl of the Soup of the Day, Spicy Corn & Crab Chowder.  Who knew a place known for their greasy burgers could turn out a damn fine Chowder?  Very thick, good balance of flavors from both the corn and crab with small chunks of potatoes adding body and texture.

After that we started heading east for dessert; LeDuc's Frozen Custard in Wales, WI.  This is a classic Custard stand; the kind of frozen dairy outpost you'd find almost anywhere east of the Mississippi.  LeDuc's lacks both the attempted artsy architecture of Kopp's, and the retro 50's car hop look of Leon's.  It is easy to look at, family oriented, comforting Middle America at its finest.  And the Custard is pretty good too.  I think everyone in the group opted of the Flavor of the Day, Mocha Toffee.  It was good quality Custard, meeting Wisconsin's tough standards, with plenty of crispy, nutty Toffee bits strewn throughout.

This was the last "official" stop of the day, but some of us continued on to St. Francis, south of Milwaukee, where we met X1 at her favorite bar, The Landing.  We're usually there in late winter/early spring for X1's annual Mardi Gras shindig.  They serve a fine NOLA buffet that night, but the rest of the year they have an appealing pub grub menu which we've always wanted to try.

Our table ordered up the two Saturday night specials, Fried Chicken and Chicken Fried Steak.  The Chicken was very tasty; excellent crust, very crispy and not too thick.  The CFS was massive, very tender and quite good.  I wish I could say more about the meal, but at that point in the day, objectivity was limited.  Maybe we'll return to The Landing sometime to give them a fair shake without the burden of food from five previous stops clouding our judgment.

Thanks to all who joined us at various points in the day.  We enjoyed your company and look forward to doing it again soon.

Buddy
post edited by BuddyRoadhouse - 2019/08/19 00:57:23
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI 2019/08/18 23:21:09 (permalink)
BuddyRoadhouse
Except for the Chicken, the food didn't disappoint.

I strongly suggest you revisit your Personal Rules of Capitalization, lest someone take offense and respond in a vigorously violent manner.
post edited by ScreamingChicken - 2019/08/18 23:25:10
BuddyRoadhouse
Sirloin
RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI 2019/08/19 00:59:05 (permalink)
Correction made with sincere apologies sir; although I assure you, if I were referring to you, I would have written it as "The Chicken".

Buddy
Davidsanders
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1187
RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI 2019/08/19 01:57:44 (permalink)
BuddyRoadhouse
We had a fine time yesterday.  Our annual invasion of Fred's Parkview Bar in Burlington didn't disappoint.  The Burgers, while maybe not "The World's Best", as claimed on the sign outside, still provided great satisfaction and brought one new convert to the flock.  First-timer ChiBears15 and I split a new addition to Fred's menu, the Bacon Jam Burger.  It was their standard 1/2 pound Burger, cooked medium rare with a generous dollop of finely chopped bacon mixed with sweet grilled onions; all topped off with a melted slice of Smoked Gouda.  The Bacon Jam was a little sweet, but the solid beefy flavor of the Burger held its own.

Normally, I'd polish off one of those all by myself, but I knew it was best to start off in moderation.  Once we finished at Fred's, we were embarking on a daunting tour of semi-rural southeast Wisconsin's hidden food gems.

After our Burgers, Pot Roast Sandwiches, Cheese Curds (duh), Potato Kegs, and Parmesan Fries; all washed down with frosty mugs of Sprecher's Root Beer, we headed west to Annie's Burger Town in Elkhorn.  The original intention was to just relax with some of Annie's house made Root Beer, but when "Burger" is in the name of the place, ya gotta check it out. 

It's a good thing we did, because that Burger was better than it had any right to be.  First good sign was the bun.  It stood tall and firm, almost like a high quality brioche bun.  Inside was a juicy 1/4 pound beef patty, with an appetizing undertone of real char-grilled flavor, covered with melted cheese.  Maybe not as good as Fred's, but for a beat-up old joint in the middle almost nowhere, it was pretty damn good.

ScreamingChicken went rogue and ordered a Breaded Pork Tenderloin.  Gotta tell you, this was a really good BPT.  It overhung the bun by a good margin, but not like one of those crazy versions where it looks like an oversized super-thin Frisbee on a bun.  This had some heft and substance.  Nice thickness, enough to hold in the natural juiciness and flavor of the pork, and still very tender.  I'm no BPT expert, but his was one of the better ones I've had.

Oh yeah, the Root Beer, the reason we stopped at Annie's in the first place, was pretty good.  Nice vanilla notes, very smooth and refreshing.  It made a tasty Root Beer Float, too.

From there it was north and west to Whitewater for Casual Joe's for BBQ.  Wisconsin 'Que, generally, barely meets the standard of real Barbecue.  With the exception of places like Speed Queen and Iron Grate in Milwaukee, Wisconsin BBQ lacks any prominent smoke flavor, tasting more like roasted meat.  It's fine I suppose, but not even close to what you've come to expect if you've eaten in any region of the country known for their Smoked Meats.

I knew we were going to be okay at Casual Joe's as soon as I stepped out of the car and smelled the wood smoke wafting from the building.  Except for the chicken, the food didn't disappoint.  We ordered a generous sampler platter for four, which was just enough for six people who'd already eaten at two places and had at least two more to go (as it turned out, it was three for some of us).  The Beef, Pork, and Sausage were all moist and tasty with good smoke flavor.  The boneless, skinless chicken breast was okay, but too dry.  Since they serve it chopped, they'd be better off smoking whole chickens, then mixing all the meat together, not unlike inside and outside meat from a whole hog.

Sides were solid.  For me, the Mac & Cheese covered in crumbled bacon was the stand out.  The Cole Slaw fans loved Joe's seasonal version using cranberries.  The beans were very good; made from scratch with a good amount of smoked meat shards tossed in for flavor.

Service at Joe's was over-the-top helpful.  They were thrilled to have visitors from out of state, even if the state was Illinois.  They let us taste the sides before deciding on what to order and even adjusted the three meat sampler to four, at no extra charge, so we'd get to try everything.  I can't say Casual Joe's is worth going out of your way, but if you're in the area it's a must stop.

Next stop was Poyer's Farm Market, a cute little produce stand in Ft. Atkinson.  Not much to eat other than a few samples of the available fresh fruit and veggies.  They've got lots of locally produced honey, jams, and preserves along with house baked pies.  We walked away with a half dozen ears of local Corn, which I'll be stripping and sauteing in the near future.

We continued north to Jefferson where, for some, we made the most anticipated stop of the day.  Wedl's (pronounced wait'll, as in "Wait'll you taste 'em") Hamburger Stand serves up some the tastiest, greasy little meat muffins on the planet.  Once again, in the name of belly space conservation, CB15 and I split a Burger, this time a Bacon Double CheeseBurger.

In order for you understand what I'm going to say next, it's important for you to know, I grew up on McDonald's classic four Burger Condiments, ketchup, mustard, pickle, and onion.  That is my "go to" topping mix for 95% of the Burgers I've eaten in my life.  Wedl's Bacon Double CheeseBurger requires no added flavor enhancement.  It is the Burger equivalent of Taoism's Uncarved Block; pure, perfect, and a thing of beauty in it's own state without requiring an outside force to change it into something else.  Pretty heady stuff for a greasy CheeseBurger, but once you've tasted Wedl's version, I'll lay heavy odds you'll achieve Burger Enlightenment.

Just for fun, I ordered a bowl of the Soup of the Day, Spicy Corn & Crab Chowder.  Who knew a place known for their greasy burgers could turn out a damn fine Chowder?  Very thick, good balance of flavors from both the corn and crab with small chunks of potatoes adding body and texture.

After that we started heading east for dessert; LeDuc's Frozen Custard in Wales, WI.  This is a classic Custard stand; the kind of frozen dairy outpost you'd find almost anywhere east of the Mississippi.  LeDuc's lacks both the attempted artsy architecture of Kopp's, and the retro 50's car hop look of Leon's.  It is easy to look at, family oriented, comforting Middle America at its finest.  And the Custard is pretty good too.  I think everyone in the group opted of the Flavor of the Day, Mocha Toffee.  It was good quality Custard, meeting Wisconsin's tough standards, with plenty of crispy, nutty Toffee bits strewn throughout.

This was the last "official" stop of the day, but some of us continued on to St. Francis, south of Milwaukee, where we met X1 at her favorite bar, The Landing.  We're usually there in late winter/early spring for X1's annual Mardi Gras shindig.  They serve a fine NOLA buffet that night, but the rest of the year they have an appealing pub grub menu which we've always wanted to try.

Our table ordered up the two Saturday night specials, Fried Chicken and Chicken Fried Steak.  The Chicken was very tasty; excellent crust, very crispy and not too thick.  The CFS was massive, very tender and quite good.  I wish I could say more about the meal, but at that point in the day, objectivity was limited.  Maybe we'll return to The Landing sometime to give them a fair shake without the burden of food from five previous stops clouding our judgment.

Thanks to all who joined us at various points in the day.  We enjoyed your company and look forward to doing it again soon.

Buddy

This sounds like an amazing day. Great report Jeff.
David

ChiBears15
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 525
RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI 2019/08/19 08:29:30 (permalink)
Jeff, you forgot to mention our late night visit to Mcbob's!  

The Roadhouses and myself also made one last stop for the night at Mcbob's prior to departing for Chicago.  Jeff ordered a reuben while I got a regular (nothing regular about it) corned beef sandwich.  I ended up eating my entire sandwich around midnight once I got home.  Spectacular!  Some of the best corned beef around.  Couldn't imagine a better midnight snack...

Overall, a fun and filling Saturday.  It was awesome being able to eat delicious food with some great friends.

I also got to meet Trevor, Jim and Bobbi's new puppy and the newest member of the Contingent.  

Danny

P.S. After almost 6 years of Roadfooding, I finally found out the story behind ScreamingChicken's Roadfood handle LOL 
lleechef
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 11892
RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI 2019/08/19 08:42:47 (permalink)
And the story behind that handle is...………………….you going to tell us?
JRPfeff
Sirloin
RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI 2019/08/19 08:45:42 (permalink)
Danny,

SC was Brad_Olson for the longest time. Don't you forget the underscore.

Jeff,

Did you forget to write about youe burger at LeDuc's or forget to order one? They might be the best burger stop on your tour.

Jim
JRPfeff
Sirloin
RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI 2019/08/19 11:46:48 (permalink)
ChiBears15

The Roadhouses and myself also made one last stop for the night at Mcbob's prior to departing for Chicago.  Jeff ordered a reuben while I got a regular (nothing regular about it) corned beef sandwich.  I ended up eating my entire sandwich around midnight once I got home.  Spectacular!  Some of the best corned beef around.  Couldn't imagine a better midnight snack...

Gregg is proud of you. He trained you well Grasshopper.
Wintahaba
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 931
RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI 2019/08/19 13:58:22 (permalink)
Great report Buddy! A couple of questions...was Annie's originally a Dog n' Suds? Also, No ribs at Casual Joe's? Thanks.
BuddyRoadhouse
Sirloin
RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI 2019/08/19 14:27:11 (permalink)
ChiBears15

That late night visit to McBob's was spurred by my description of our recent visit there with The Travelin Man (also present, chicagostyledog and lovely wife Nina) as he passed through town.  It was after 10pm, and as much as I love McB's Corned Beef, I didn't want a full serving sitting in my gut all night, so I took about a third of it to go.

The leftovers sat in our fridge for several days before I had just the right opportunity and appetite to finish them off.  I nixed the microwave, fearing the bread would get too soggy, and opted for the toaster oven instead.  It was a genius move, albeit unintentional.  The direct heat of the toaster oven not only warmed the Corned Beef and Home Fries, it re-crisped the rye bread to the point where it was even better than when it came out fresh from McBob's kitchen days before!

So when we stopped by Saturday night, we took our order to go, with the intent to let it "ripen" in the fridge and reheat later in the week.  My Reuben is still sitting there.  Young Danny, having a more impetuous nature and higher metabolism rate, gobbled his up the same night.

ChiBears15
Overall, a fun and filling Saturday.  It was awesome being able to eat delicious food with some great friends.

Well said, nothing to add.

ChiBears15
I also got to meet Trevor, Jim and Bobbi's new puppy and the newest member of the Contingent.  

And a handsome lad he is.  Hope the Pfeffs and their new addition have many happy years together!

ChiBears15 
P.S. After almost 6 years of Roadfooding, I finally found out the story behind ScreamingChicken's Roadfood handle LOL 

lleechef
And the story behind that handle is...………………….you going to tell us?

Most people assume (CB15 included) the ChickenDude's moniker is associated with his love of Fried Chicken.  Not so.  Brad_Olson is a fan of the Trans Am Firebird automobile.  The Phoenix-rising-from-the-ashes emblem, frequently found emblazoned on the hood of the car, earned the nickname "Screaming Chicken".

Dots connected.

JRPfeff
Jeff,
Did you forget to write about youe burger at LeDuc's or forget to order one? They might be the best burger stop on your tour.

Jim

Better than Wedl's???  Wow!

Unless you mentioned LeDuc's Burgers when we saw you at Wedl's, I had no idea they were worth trying.  If you did mention it, I completely forgot, and I apologize.  In any case, I don't think we were in a frame of mind to add another CheeseBurger to the pile already accumulating in our bellies.  Now that we know the facts, another visit to LeDuc's will be added to our to-do list.

Buddy
post edited by BuddyRoadhouse - 2019/08/19 14:35:41
BuddyRoadhouse
Sirloin
RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI 2019/08/19 14:34:07 (permalink)
Wintahaba
Great report Buddy! A couple of questions...was Annie's originally a Dog n' Suds? Also, No ribs at Casual Joe's? Thanks.

Annie's sure looks like it might have been a Dog n' Suds at one time, but a lot of the drive-ins in that area have similar architecture.

Ya know, it never even occurred to me while we were at Joe's, but you're right.  A double check of the menu doesn't show any ribs.  Kinda weird, right?  Not sure why they don't offer them, but frankly, we didn't miss them either.

Buddy
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI 2019/08/19 14:39:49 (permalink)
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought I saw ribs handwritten on the specials board.  And I believe there were several racks in the portable smoker that was outside.
BuddyRoadhouse
Sirloin
RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI 2019/08/19 14:47:17 (permalink)
I'm sure you're right.  Nevertheless, Ribs do not seem to be a full-time item on their regular menu.

Buddy
MilwFoodlovers
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3659
RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI 2019/08/19 15:02:32 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby JRPfeff 2019/08/19 15:14:39

Le Duc's
Wintahaba
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 931
RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI 2019/08/20 14:09:51 (permalink)
Thanks Buddy, Ribs are usually my test when I try a new BBQ spot. I thought Annie's had that look, much like long gone Swony's Drive Inn in Aurora IL I retrofitted back into a Dog n' Suds from a photo I took while living in Naperville, for a painting I did.

ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
RE: Fred's in Burlington, WI 2019/09/03 21:17:41 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby abe_froeman 2019/09/04 12:15:15
Fred's Parkview:
Where 1 out of 8 people know how to order root beer.

It almost looks like Danny is taking a picture of his school lunch, but that's not the case.  Because if this was a Wisconsin school lunch the mug would be filled with real beer.

Annie's Burger Town:

A decent BPT in Elkhorn, WI?  I think even Hawkeyes and Hoosiers would approve of Annie's.

Casual Joe's:
Danny's barbecue bafflement and befuddlery amuse Frank.  Notice the refugee from Whitewater's Skid Row at the lower left.

Wedl's:
World famous for...chowder?

The sun was shining strong but that's a shadow on Frank's shirt, not sweat.  At least I hope that was the case.  And apparently Lucy is having a Dr. Evil moment.

post edited by ScreamingChicken - 2019/09/03 21:50:49
Page: << < ..2122 Showing page 22 of 22
Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5