French chef sues Michelin guide for accusing him of using cheddar in souffle

Author
JRPfeff
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5823
2019/09/24 13:26:40 (permalink)

French chef sues Michelin guide for accusing him of using cheddar in souffle

This must be the French equivalent of "Yo' mama wear's Army boots." It is frightening where the level of public discourse has gone these days.

From the NY Post, of course.

It’s a cheddar meltdown. 

Celebrity French chef Marc Veyrat has slapped the coveted Michelin guide with a lawsuit for stripping his restaurant of its third star — claiming he doctored his souffle with cheddar.

The fromage faux pas allegedly occurred at Veyrat’s La Maison des Bois eatery in the French Alps, which was demoted in January, a year after securing the industry’s highest accolade.

A red-faced Veyrat claimed a Michelin inspector mistakenly accused him of souffle sacrilege — using England Cheddar in the classic French dish, instead of France’s traditional Reblochon, Beaufort or Tomme varieties.

“I’ve been dishonored,” Veyrat told France Inter radio on Tuesday. “I saw my team in tears … to have them call you one evening without warning, without anything written down, without anything, to say ‘That’s it, it’s over.'”

The half-baked report came from a Michelin gourmand with an unsophisticated palate, according to Veyrat.
“I put saffron in it, and the gentleman who came thought it was cheddar because it was yellow,” he said on the radio. “That’s what you call knowledge of a place? It’s just crazy.”

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5