Hot!French fry topping

Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5
Author
BuddyRoadhouse
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6327
RE: French fry topping 2018/12/01 23:11:55 (permalink)
chicagostyledog
BuddyRoadhouse
Nice visuals for those unfamiliar with the Italian Beef genre.  But you and I both know; even though Al's is Chicago's most famous Italian Beef purveyor, they are not the best.  Most locals agree, Johnnie's holds that title.  The problem is that the quality of Johnnie's Fries (sorta back on topic again) doesn't match the Beef or Sausage Sandwiches.  They're serving a frozen, crinkle-cut Sysco product while many other top tier places (including Al's and Bob-O's) are doing a fresh, hand-cut Fry.

That makes Bob-O's an easy choice when giving out-of-towners the Chicago Food Tour.

Buddy

I agree. Johnnie's is my favorite IB. Ore-Ida's frozen shoestrings have been on their menu for years. However, their Italian ice makes up for their fries. I'm accustomed to having an Italian ice with their beef sandwich, so fries are not necessary.

CSD

Ah, but Bob-O's serves Italian Ice (in season) as well.  Trifecta to Bob-O's; great Italian Beef, outstanding fresh hand-cut Fries, and Italian Ice all under one roof.  Oh yeah, with plenty of indoor counter space to sit and enjoy your food.  How's that Johnnie's IB workin' for you, sitting outside in the dead of winter?

Again, I happily concede Johnnie's as the Best Italian Beef in town, but they don't necessarily follow through on the rest of the menu.

Buddy
chicagostyledog
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3644
RE: French fry topping 2018/12/02 18:26:47 (permalink)
BuddyRoadhouse
chicagostyledog
BuddyRoadhouse
Nice visuals for those unfamiliar with the Italian Beef genre.  But you and I both know; even though Al's is Chicago's most famous Italian Beef purveyor, they are not the best.  Most locals agree, Johnnie's holds that title.  The problem is that the quality of Johnnie's Fries (sorta back on topic again) doesn't match the Beef or Sausage Sandwiches.  They're serving a frozen, crinkle-cut Sysco product while many other top tier places (including Al's and Bob-O's) are doing a fresh, hand-cut Fry.

That makes Bob-O's an easy choice when giving out-of-towners the Chicago Food Tour.

Buddy

I agree. Johnnie's is my favorite IB. Ore-Ida's frozen shoestrings have been on their menu for years. However, their Italian ice makes up for their fries. I'm accustomed to having an Italian ice with their beef sandwich, so fries are not necessary.

CSD

Ah, but Bob-O's serves Italian Ice (in season) as well.  Trifecta to Bob-O's; great Italian Beef, outstanding fresh hand-cut Fries, and Italian Ice all under one roof.  Oh yeah, with plenty of indoor counter space to sit and enjoy your food.  How's that Johnnie's IB workin' for you, sitting outside in the dead of winter?

Again, I happily concede Johnnie's as the Best Italian Beef in town, but they don't necessarily follow through on the rest of the menu.

Buddy

I never eat out side at Johnnie's in the winter. I eat inside and stand at the end of the counter near the exit, taking the traditional "bend over" stance, which is the true, correct way to eat an Italian beef in Chicago. Johnnie's is all about the "experience." You don't get that experience sitting down.

CSD
BuddyRoadhouse
Sirloin
RE: French fry topping 2018/12/02 21:41:34 (permalink)
If you're going to make reference to the proper "Italian Beef Stance", at least provide a visual for those unfamiliar with the concept.

Buddy
chicagostyledog
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3644
RE: French fry topping 2018/12/02 22:25:19 (permalink)
BuddyRoadhouse
If you're going to make reference to the proper "Italian Beef Stance", at least provide a visual for those unfamiliar with the concept.

Buddy

Here's you visual:
https://vimeo.com/8829774?ref=fb-share&fbclid=IwAR1wTF6yPOk2AuBGLrvGIqRbLWZPOOzgEcHzT5k0DSCmMlBAT3OIp-qAE0Y

CSD
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 8750
RE: French fry topping 2018/12/02 22:44:32 (permalink)
I hear that some recently discovered Carl Sandburg writings extol Chicago not only as "City of the Big Shoulders" but also as the "City of the Sloppily Incompetent Mouthgorgers".

But I could be wrong.
BuddyRoadhouse
Sirloin
RE: French fry topping 2018/12/02 23:53:11 (permalink)
chicagostyledog
BuddyRoadhouse

Buddy

Here's you visual:
https://vimeo.com/8829774?ref=fb-share&fbclid=IwAR1wTF6yPOk2AuBGLrvGIqRbLWZPOOzgEcHzT5k0DSCmMlBAT3OIp-qAE0Y

CSD

Nice.  Motion, sound, in color even.  Just like Hollywood.

ScreamingChicken
I hear that some recently discovered Carl Sandburg writings extol Chicago not only as "City of the Big Shoulders" but also as the "City of the Sloppily Incompetent Mouthgorgers".

But I could be wrong.

No, you're right.  It's a point of pride in fact.  OTOH, we don't squeak when we eat like you Dairy Land Cheese Curd Chompers.

Buddy
kozel
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1180
RE: French fry topping 2018/12/03 11:30:54 (permalink)
There's a burger, hot dog, & custard chain called Freddy's that has fry sauce, fry seasoning and a jalapeno fry sauce available at their restaurants. They also sell take home versions.  Their fries are shoestring style and their restaurant menu has regular, cheese and chili cheese versions. They also offer fried cheese curds.

For some reason, the jalapeno sauce is shown but does not appear you can order it. (Well, they fixed that!)
https://spectrumpromotion.../clients/freddysstore/

post edited by kozel - 2018/12/04 15:32:39
masarapba
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 30
RE: French fry topping 2018/12/04 11:22:16 (permalink)
When I went to the Philippines there's this really popular french fries shop there where they would sprinkle powder on top of their fries. The choices are: Garlic, Cheese, Barbecue, and Ranch. It was the best flavored fries I have ever tasted.

post edited by masarapba - 2018/12/11 01:57:29
Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5