Helpful ReplyHot!Future trips into next year.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
joerogo
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5092
Re: Future trips into next year. 2017/10/14 10:12:18 (permalink)
I'm holding out for Pittston in 2051!!!
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 22562
Re: Future trips into next year. 2017/10/14 11:39:25 (permalink)
I'm just holding out for the rest of 2017.
lleechef
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 11411
Re: Future trips into next year. 2017/10/14 11:45:45 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby joerogo 2017/10/15 09:32:07
Michael Hoffman
I'm just holding out for the rest of 2017.

Let's go to Pittston!!!!
wanderingjew
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10091
Re: Future trips into next year. 2017/10/14 13:12:39 (permalink)
joerogo
I'm holding out for Pittston in 2051!!!

Well you had your opportunity last month, but you were dog sitting and the Railriders lost anyway
Davydd
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6786
Re: Future trips into next year. 2017/10/15 19:16:17 (permalink)
Just got done with a 7 week trip through the Pacific northwest from Vancouver, BC down to Sonoma/Napa wine country. I think we have accomplished our goal of visiting RV accessible national parks in the lower 48 over 12 years of RVing in a campervan. We have gone to all 49 states and all the provinces of Canada. This last trip we were in Petaluma, CA overnighting Sunday night in a hospital parking lot just a few miles from Santa Rosa when we woke up to a soot covered van. Little did we know the worst fires in California history were taking place. We knew from the panic in a CVS pharmacy when it was flooded with evacuees trying to fill prescriptions at the same time we were trying. We listened in line to the stories of leaving their homes and forgetting their medicines. We had planned to drive through Napa that morning but the roads were closed. Even so, the road to Davis, CA had wildfires on both sides with wood guard posts in flames. It was that close. We are home now. We pretty much drove straight through after a stop at Davis and Sacramento to meet friends and Great Basin NP near the Utah border in Nevada was spoiled by smoke from the wine country fires.

Our next trip will be Australia and New Zealand for 30 days in January. Then it is off to the southwest in February. In May it is my annual pilgrimage to Indiana to sample pork tenderloin sandwiches and the Indy 500. Part of that trip will be Cleveland, OH and Pigeon Forge, TN for RV rallies. Fall of 2018 is yet unplanned. Summer is local since there is not better weather in the summer than Minnesota.
ChiTownDiner
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4696
Re: Future trips into next year. 2017/10/17 15:49:28 (permalink)
Glad you got out and nice line-up for 2018!

wanderingjew
Porterhouse
Re: Future trips into next year. 2017/10/18 07:40:07 (permalink)
As predicted, it appears the Iowa portion of our cross country  trip next year will bring us into the Quad Cities and then Pella since Sandra really wants to visit Pella when the shops our open (meaning we'll have to wait till Monday morning). There are some very important logistics to this trip (one of which  is avoiding the inflated hotel rates during the Albuquerque Balloon fiesta, the others I won't get into now) so we had to plan the dates/times well in advance
joerogo
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5092
Re: Future trips into next year. 2017/10/18 07:50:08 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby wanderingjew 2017/10/18 08:01:16
wanderingjew
As predicted, it appears the Iowa portion of our cross country  trip next year will bring us into the Quad Cities and then Pella since Sandra really wants to visit Pella when the shops our open (meaning we'll have to wait till Monday morning). There are some very important logistics to this trip (one of which  is avoiding the inflated hotel rates during the Albuquerque Balloon fiesta, the others I won't get into now) so we had to plan the dates/times well in advance

I think Sandra likes Northeast Window more than Pella!
ChiTownDiner
Filet Mignon
Re: Future trips into next year. 2017/10/18 10:12:36 (permalink)
Davydd
Just got done with a 7 week trip through the Pacific northwest from Vancouver, BC down to Sonoma/Napa wine country. I think we have accomplished our goal of visiting RV accessible national parks in the lower 48 over 12 years of RVing in a campervan. We have gone to all 49 states and all the provinces of Canada. This last trip we were in Petaluma, CA overnighting Sunday night in a hospital parking lot just a few miles from Santa Rosa when we woke up to a soot covered van. Little did we know the worst fires in California history were taking place. We knew from the panic in a CVS pharmacy when it was flooded with evacuees trying to fill prescriptions at the same time we were trying. We listened in line to the stories of leaving their homes and forgetting their medicines. We had planned to drive through Napa that morning but the roads were closed. Even so, the road to Davis, CA had wildfires on both sides with wood guard posts in flames. It was that close. We are home now. We pretty much drove straight through after a stop at Davis and Sacramento to meet friends and Great Basin NP near the Utah border in Nevada was spoiled by smoke from the wine country fires.

Our next trip will be Australia and New Zealand for 30 days in January. Then it is off to the southwest in February. In May it is my annual pilgrimage to Indiana to sample pork tenderloin sandwiches and the Indy 500. Part of that trip will be Cleveland, OH and Pigeon Forge, TN for RV rallies. Fall of 2018 is yet unplanned. Summer is local since there is not better weather in the summer than Minnesota.

Will you have the RV shipped over, rent one there of try some other means of travel?  

MilwFoodlovers
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3466
Re: Future trips into next year. 2017/10/18 13:41:12 (permalink)
Davydd
......Our next trip will be Australia and New Zealand for 30 days in January............

Do they have BPT over there or will you go cold turkey for 30 days?  

wanderingjew
Porterhouse
Re: Future trips into next year. 2017/10/18 14:19:25 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby ChiTownDiner 2017/10/18 17:49:54
MilwFoodlovers
Davydd
......Our next trip will be Australia and New Zealand for 30 days in January............

Do they have BPT over there or will you go cold turkey for 30 days?  

in New Zealand it will be more like "Cold Kiwi"
Unless  they have BKT's  out there! 
ChiTownDiner
Filet Mignon
Re: Future trips into next year. 2017/10/18 19:36:51 (permalink)
I'll take Northeast for windows, Pella for bologna! 
Davydd
Sirloin
Re: Future trips into next year. 2017/10/20 19:17:35 (permalink)
Pella is worth it when the tulips are in bloom. For that matter Holland, Michigan is the other go to for the tulips. Both cities go overboard.
Davydd
Sirloin
Re: Future trips into next year. 2017/10/20 19:23:45 (permalink)
ChiTownDiner
Davydd

Will you have the RV shipped over, rent one there of try some other means of travel?  

We will be on a tour for the first 26 days flying and bussing it. Then at the end of the tour we will be staying on Waiheki Island off Auckland, NZ for an additional few day staying at our friends and former neighbors house. Waiheki is a vineyard paradise.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5