Helpful ReplyHot!Future trips into next year.

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
wanderingjew
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10213
Re: Future trips into next year. 2017/12/10 10:09:37 (permalink)
And the last couple of days will look like this

Galax Smokehouse - Galax VA

Millstone Tea Room- Bedford VA

Mrs. Rowe's Family Restaurant- Staunton VA

Southern Kitchen Restaurant- New Market VA  **

Oregon Dairy Restaurant- Lititz PA

Modern Apizza- New Haven CT

** peanut soup only

post edited by wanderingjew - 2017/12/10 10:44:39
wanderingjew
Porterhouse
Re: Future trips into next year. 2017/12/10 10:27:07 (permalink)
Hmmm....now to start working on my Colorado/Utah List- only 4  months away..
Funny thing is we're going to New York (Just NJ and Long Island) next weekend,  weather permitting and I have no idea where we will be going for meals. The only thing I do know is we'll be visiting friends and checking out https://www.nps.gov/sahi/index.htm

Now back to your "what's for dinner" thread.....
post edited by wanderingjew - 2017/12/10 11:07:20
MetroplexJim
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6742
Re: Future trips into next year. 2017/12/10 15:28:13 (permalink)
Dale, if you have a little extra time it would be well spent in Staunton, "The Queen City of the Shenandoah Valley".  It is rich in both Victorian architecture and dining possibilities.  It exudes charm and is one of those places that, when visiting, is guaranteed to generate wistful though of living there -- something I had the good fortune to do for nearly six most enjoyable years and many wonderful meals at Mrs. Rowe's (which was there even before I-81).

Jim

Edit:  BTW, did you ever post anything about either Harbor House Café (Sunset Beach, CA) or the Ponder Steakhouse (Ponder, TX)?  If so, I somehow missed them, though I don't know how.
post edited by MetroplexJim - 2017/12/10 15:58:53
wanderingjew
Porterhouse
Re: Future trips into next year. 2017/12/10 20:46:46 (permalink)
MetroplexJim
Dale, if you have a little extra time it would be well spent in Staunton, "The Queen City of the Shenandoah Valley".  It is rich in both Victorian architecture and dining possibilities.  It exudes charm and is one of those places that, when visiting, is guaranteed to generate wistful though of living there -- something I had the good fortune to do for nearly six most enjoyable years and many wonderful meals at Mrs. Rowe's (which was there even before I-81).

Jim

Edit:  BTW, did you ever post anything about either Harbor House Café (Sunset Beach, CA) or the Ponder Steakhouse (Ponder, TX)?  If so, I somehow missed them, though I don't know how.

MJ

We'll likely be in Staunton on the last day of our trip- we can probably get up early enough and spend part of the morning there but I suspect Sandra will want us to get to Lancaster PA around lunchtime in order to get  together  with her cousins.  It appears this will be a long day for us. Luckily Modern Pizza is open till 10PM on Sundays so having a later dinner should be ok. 

I didn't do any trip reports this year so you hadn't missed Harbor House Cafe or Ponder Steakhouse (actually you didn't miss Ponder at all- I was with you! ) but the Ponder Steakhouse and our meet up there will be mentioned in my end of the year report.
Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to:
© 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5