Helpful ReplyG.D. Ritzy's comes home

Author
hatteras04
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1342
2018/09/11 12:32:49 (permalink)

G.D. Ritzy's comes home

I haven't made it there yet but G.D. Ritzy's re-opened last week in Columbus where it started more than 30 years ago.  I am going to wait until the initial crowds die down to check it out.  The parking looks terrible but that's ok because it is walk-able from our house.  Early yelp reviews seem mixed and I was sad to see someone report that they are not currently carrying the Cherry Amaretto ice cream.   But I am going to check it out at some point and take a couple of pics.  It was a favorite of mine in my teens.  I'll be curious to see if it still has the same appeal now.
scrumptiouschef
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2544
Re: G.D. Ritzy's comes home 2018/09/11 20:12:33 (permalink)
I ate at the one in Lexington a lot when I was a kid. We begged our mom to take us there. That location shuttered in the 90s. Glad to see them on the comeback. Now if York Steakhouse would reopen in Fayette Mall.
hatteras04
Re: G.D. Ritzy's comes home 2018/09/12 12:09:47 (permalink)
Well we still have a York as well.  So you could come to town and take a trip down memory lane!
scrumptiouschef
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2544
Re: G.D. Ritzy's comes home 2018/09/12 14:07:30 (permalink)
hatteras04
Well we still have a York as well.  So you could come to town and take a trip down memory lane!

I need to get up there. I still dream of York, and as I'm sure you know there's plenty coverage of the old joint right here on Roadfood.
hatteras04
Re: G.D. Ritzy's comes home 2018/11/20 11:14:06 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby JRPfeff 2018/11/21 10:07:46
So I finally made it to the new Ritzy's yesterday.  I've seen a lot of good and bad reviews on yelp and finally got to try it for myself.  The burger was really good.  Just like a I remember it.  Crispy edges and greasy on a well toasted bun. 

The fries, however,  were different.  They were always known for their shoestring fries.  Kind of like Steak and Shake but I always liked them better.  Now they've tried to fancy them up.  Still shoestring but seem to be fresh cut with skins on them.  They are actually better than they used to be but I wanted them to be the same as they were.  I'm sure I'll get used to them.

The ice cream is also the same and excellent.  They still have the cherry ice cream and the chocolate is still top notch.  We got that a few weeks ago as they will dip out pints for you to go.  I did not get a shake with my meal as the most common complaint I have seen is that $6 is way too much to pay for the fairly small shake and I mostly wanted to concentrate on the burger.

Attached Image(s)

leethebard
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 9925
Re: G.D. Ritzy's comes home 2018/11/20 11:18:58 (permalink)
hatteras04
So I finally made it to the new Ritzy's yesterday.  I've seen a lot of good and bad reviews on yelp and finally got to try it for myself.  The burger was really good.  Just like a I remember it.  Crispy edges and greasy on a well toasted bun. 

The fries, however,  were different.  They were always known for their shoestring fries.  Kind of like Steak and Shake but I always liked them better.  Now they've tried to fancy them up.  Still shoestring but seem to be fresh cut with skins on them.  They are actually better than they used to be but I wanted them to be the same as they were.  I'm sure I'll get used to them.

The ice cream is also the same and excellent.  They still have the cherry ice cream and the chocolate is still top notch.  We got that a few weeks ago as they will dip out pints for you to go.  I did not get a shake with my meal as the most common complaint I have seen is that $6 is way too much to pay for the fairly small shake and I mostly wanted to concentrate on the burger.

Looks like nothing to compain about in that photo!!

Louis
  • Total Posts : 1314
Re: G.D. Ritzy's comes home 2018/11/21 09:03:50 (permalink)
There are thee stores in Evansville, Indiana.  I visit all three during the year.  The quality of the hamburgers vary a little from store to store, no doubt reflecting the skill of whoever is on the grill that day.  They're a little pricey, but I keep coming back--and have since 1982.

Jump to:
© 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5