Picked up a used Simac 800 Gelato machine. Started making the first batch and realized that the drive gear was worn. It would turn fine until it was under a load during the freezing cycle. Then the belt slips and the paddle quits moving. I didn't realize spare parts for these were non-existent. I was left with a machine that would freeze, just not turn and mix.
Decided to do a little "Tool Time" modifications.
Removed the stripped gear.
Removed main shaft and drilled hole for link pin.
Picked up a 3/8" drive to 1/2" socket adapter and drilled link pin hole through it.
Finished parts prior to assembly.
Re-assembled main gear with socket adapter added.
Everything back in the machine.
Used a 1/2" extension and 1/2" to 3/4" drive adapter. The 3/4" drive adapter fits perfectly into an old Rival ice cream freezer motor.
I used a stainless steel table that I picked up at auction for $15. Drilled a hole where the drive shaft will attach to the bottom of machine.
Still have some final alignment and mounting to do for the ice cream motor. Zip tied it up for proof of concept. Turned Gelato machine on, poured mix in, plugged in motor and 15 minutes later....Gelato!!! Eventually plan to tie into motor wiring on machine and use it to turn the ice cream motor on and off. Then the timer on the machine will function properly.
post edited by BluemoonTX - 2018/06/01 13:02:13