Gettysburg PA > Hoboken NJ

Author
nicklepicklesmom
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 6
2005/08/05 11:30:34 (permalink)

Gettysburg PA > Hoboken NJ

Any good restaurants on this route? My sister's in the car today driving home...

5 Replies Related Threads

pacman
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 160
    RE: Gettysburg PA > Hoboken NJ 2005/08/05 12:21:12 (permalink)
    Well, if she is still in Gettysburg, there are a couple choices. The Texas Lunch (off the square) with Texas Style hot dogs and Texas Fries. The Lincon Diner, (off the square), haven't been there in ages but, remember it as being good. There is a restaurant that I can't remember the name of on the 'Y' diagonal from the Holiday Inn in the tourist area. Good food there too.

Further on Rt 30 in New Oxford (near Hanover PA) is the Cross Key's Diner. The original diner is either gone or hidden inside the new big building but they have a great menu with lots of choices.

Whats the rest of her route? Might have some other suggestions.

Dan
    Tony Bad
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 5289
    RE: Gettysburg PA > Hoboken NJ 2005/08/05 13:17:16 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by nicklepicklesmom

Any good restaurants on this route? My sister's in the car today driving home...

If you are heading up 78, the exit for Fogelsville (route 100) is where Yocco's is located. I like it, but others feel diffeerntly...here is a thread...you can decide...

http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6066

Drive carefully...there are supposed to be a lot of Thunderstorms that way later today!

Another thought...while not necessarily roadfood, I stopped at Cabela's just off 78 in Hamburg (I think that is town)...and had a really good meal in their cafeteria...it was, as one might expect in Hamburg, a hamburger, that was quite good!
    RubyRose
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2189
    RE: Gettysburg PA > Hoboken NJ 2005/08/05 13:32:31 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Tony Bad
    If you are heading up 78, the exit for Fogelsville (route 100) is where Yocco's is located.

NO for Yocco's today - or any other exit near Allentown or Bethlehem!
    I just drove past there at lunchtime and there is a huge car show all weekend and the way to get there is the route 100 exit of I-78. The parking lots of all the food places are totally packed.

Heading farther east off of 78, Allentown hosts an eastern U.S. drum & bugle corp championship starting tonight.

And moving along to Bethlehem, also starting today is one of the largest music festivals in the U.S.

So my suggestion is that she should eat before route 100 or after she crosses the border into Jersey.
    Tony Bad
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 5289
    RE: Gettysburg PA > Hoboken NJ 2005/08/05 13:42:28 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by RubyRose

quote:
    Originally posted by Tony Bad
    If you are heading up 78, the exit for Fogelsville (route 100) is where Yocco's is located.

NO for Yocco's today - or any other exit near Allentown or Bethlehem!
    I just drove past there at lunchtime and there is a huge car show all weekend and the way to get there is the route 100 exit of I-78. The parking lots of all the food places are totally packed.

Heading farther east off of 78, Allentown hosts an eastern U.S. drum & bugle corp championship starting tonight.

And moving along to Bethlehem, also starting today is one of the largest music festivals in the U.S.

So my suggestion is that she should eat before route 100 or after she crosses the border into Jersey.

Wow...sounds like your area is the center of the universe this weekend! A lot to do! Isn't it great to have people all over the place that can give up to the minute reports like this? I think it is!
    nicklepicklesmom
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 6
    RE: Gettysburg PA > Hoboken NJ 2005/08/05 13:50:28 (permalink)
    Wow, you guys are great! Although a RoadFood fan, this was my first visit to the forum today - appreciate the help! Don't know her route, just know that she's heading back to Hoboken. I sent her a msg, but no reply yet (at funeral).
    Jump to:
    © 2019 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5