Good Eats: Reloaded

Author
Ghaz
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 347
2018/09/22 21:32:45 (permalink)

Good Eats: Reloaded

https://www.usmagazine.com/food/news/alton-brown-is-bringing-back-good-eats-with-two-new-shows/

Brown... tells Us Weekly Good Eats: Reloaded, which is set to premiere on Monday, October 15, on the Cooking Channel, is a renovation of sorts. “I have decided to go back and take 13 of the early classic Good Eats episodes from the first few years of the show, when I was quite young and everyone was still figuring out what to do, and renovate them,” he explains. “They’re about 60 percent brand new material, as I’ve gone back in and adjusted things, made changes to recipes, put in new recipes.”

The Iron Chef America host also notes his wish to make changes to some early Good Eats episodes stems from his desire to make the series as good as possible, especially since Return of the Eats – a slate of entirely new Good Eats episodes – is scheduled to premiere in 2019. “Before I reboot the series next year, I wanted to kind of go back and make these repairs so that I could feel that I’ve done everything that I could to make the series all that it can be,” Brown notes.

Really looking forward to having something to watch on the Cooking Channel again... 

15 Replies Related Threads

Root-Beer Man
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1514
    Re: Good Eats: Reloaded 2018/09/22 21:50:07 (permalink)
    Ghaz
    https://www.usmagazine.com/food/news/alton-brown-is-bringing-back-good-eats-with-two-new-shows/

Brown... tells Us Weekly Good Eats: Reloaded, which is set to premiere on Monday, October 15, on the Cooking Channel, is a renovation of sorts. “I have decided to go back and take 13 of the early classic Good Eats episodes from the first few years of the show, when I was quite young and everyone was still figuring out what to do, and renovate them,” he explains. “They’re about 60 percent brand new material, as I’ve gone back in and adjusted things, made changes to recipes, put in new recipes.”

The Iron Chef America host also notes his wish to make changes to some early Good Eats episodes stems from his desire to make the series as good as possible, especially since Return of the Eats – a slate of entirely new Good Eats episodes – is scheduled to premiere in 2019. “Before I reboot the series next year, I wanted to kind of go back and make these repairs so that I could feel that I’ve done everything that I could to make the series all that it can be,” Brown notes.

Really looking forward to having something to watch on the Cooking Channel again... 

It will be nice to see Alton again. Cooking has some pretty good shows that I like. "The Best Thing I Ever Ate" is always pretty good. I really like "Southern and Hungry". I just wish they had more episodes of it! And I really like "Food: Fact or Fiction" with Michael McKean. I love a good food history documentary style show. Everything on Food these days seems to be a game show. That's not my thing.
    harleytexas
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 109
    Re: Good Eats: Reloaded 2018/11/13 19:23:37 (permalink)
    Why?!?!?

It was nice that this pompous ass was gone, now like a bad smell, he's back.
    Root-Beer Man
    Re: Good Eats: Reloaded 2018/11/13 22:04:02 (permalink)
    harleytexas
    Why?!?!?

Why don't you tell us how you really feel?

Alton Brown is a really talented food TV personality. He can actually lay claim to being one of the people who brought cookery into the mainstream for a new generation. His show inspired a lot of people to get in the kitchen and cook. And he gave them instructions on how to do it, with cool scientific explanations for why things happen to food in the process. As a back of the house professional I always found his shows to be not just amusing, but very informative on many different levels. I, and many others, am glad to see him return.
    chickenplucker
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 821
    Re: Good Eats: Reloaded 2018/11/13 22:26:17 (permalink)
    This^^^^^^
    leethebard
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 9635
    Re: Good Eats: Reloaded 2018/11/14 04:34:19 (permalink)
    Root-Beer Man
    harleytexas
    Why?!?!?

Why don't you tell us how you really feel?

Alton Brown is a really talented food TV personality. He can actually lay claim to being one of the people who brought cookery into the mainstream for a new generation. His show inspired a lot of people to get in the kitchen and cook. And he gave them instructions on how to do it, with cool scientific explanations for why things happen to food in the process. As a back of the house professional I always found his shows to be not just amusing, but very informative on many different levels. I, and many others, am glad to see him return.

100% agree. Loved Good Eats. He explained things in an entertaining way. Always learned something from each show. Glad the show is back...Hell, one less food game show!!

bigbear
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 182
    Re: Good Eats: Reloaded 2018/11/14 08:59:33 (permalink)
    I'm a fan. Looking forward to more Alton.
    1bbqboy
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5679
    Re: Good Eats: Reloaded 2018/11/14 09:21:32 (permalink)
    I’m with Harley. Give me Guy any day over AB.
    And going back to redo old shows sounds like what washed up rock stars do- go back and rerelease the same old thing with flashy new features.
    irisarbor
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 739
    Re: Good Eats: Reloaded 2018/11/14 10:33:56 (permalink)
    One thing I always liked about Good Eats was the inclusion of Food SCIENCE!
    They told us why things happened they way they did, and used fun props to help non-scientists understand. 
    Plus - Interesting camera angles!
    More of this-
    less of Battles, Wars, etc...
    at least for me. 
    Root-Beer Man
    Re: Good Eats: Reloaded 2018/11/14 10:57:15 (permalink)
    1bbqboy
    And going back to redo old shows sounds like what washed up rock stars do- go back and rerelease the same old thing with flashy new features.

Guy is great at what he does, but what he doesn't do is cook. He shows us great places to eat, (and I've been to more than a few of them on his advice!). They do two different things. You really cannot compare the two of them. show wise. AB's "new" show (which is really just a limited series) is him going back to some of his earliest shows and commenting on them, as well as updating them with new knowledge and techniques he's come up with in the intervening years. You should really give it a shot. His "new" take on doing steaks was enlightening and informative, (even if I am unlikely to use his cooking method, his steak prep might well improve the taste and I'm inclined to use it).
    Wintahaba
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 824
    Re: Good Eats: Reloaded 2018/11/14 13:08:08 (permalink)
    irisarbor
    They told us why things happened they way they did, and used fun props to help non-scientists understand. 
    More of this-
    at least for me. 

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Wintahaba
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 824
    Re: Good Eats: Reloaded 2018/11/14 13:08:37 (permalink)
    Root-Beer Man
    1bbqboy

Guy is great at what he does, but what he doesn't do is cook. He shows us great places to eat, (and I've been to more than a few of them on his advice!). They do two different things. You really cannot compare the two of them. show wise. AB's "new" show (which is really just a limited series) is him going back to some of his earliest shows and commenting on them, as well as updating them with new knowledge and techniques he's come up with in the intervening years. You should really give it a shot. His "new" take on doing steaks was enlightening and informative, (even if I am unlikely to use his cooking method, his steak prep might well improve the taste and I'm inclined to use it).

And this...apples and oranges.
    1bbqboy
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5679
    Re: Good Eats: Reloaded 2018/11/14 13:45:25 (permalink)
    I’m only talking about watchability, not whether his ideas and techniques are valid. Grating, Like me. :)
    leethebard
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 9635
    Re: Good Eats: Reloaded 2018/11/14 14:11:18 (permalink)
    irisarbor
    More of this-
    at least for me. 

mar52
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 11892
    Re: Good Eats: Reloaded 2018/11/14 18:58:08 (permalink)
    I enjoy both Alton and Guy.  In the reboot show Alton improves recipes he did the first time around.  Sometimes I'd like to shut the volume off on each of them, though. 

Guy does cook.  I guess it's an old show but I still enjoy seeing it.  He sometimes cooked in his magnificent backyard set up and sometimes in his kitchen with the red refrigerator.  I used to catch episodes on Sunday mornings.

For cooking shows I go to the PBS Create station.  

kozel
    • Total Posts : 1180
    Re: Good Eats: Reloaded 2018/11/15 10:22:15 (permalink)
    bigbear
    I'm a fan. Looking forward to more Alton.

I'm with Bigbear!
    Jump to:
    © 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5