Have you tried? // Do you have? // Please "share".

Author
MetroplexJim
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7096
2018/12/04 11:46:09 (permalink)

Have you tried? // Do you have? // Please "share".

In this Information Age we are constantly being apprised of previously unimagined new technologies and "revolutionary" re-imagining's of the familiar.  

Rather than just diving in and buying something I thought it might be a good idea to ask trustworthy others to share their experience.

I am posting this as a companion thread to one of my favorites here:  "Products I really like".  Here, we can post inquiries.

-----------------

So, here are a few things I'd like to know more about before trying:

9 Replies Related Threads

1bbqboy
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5679
    Re: Have you tried? // Do you have? // Please "share". 2018/12/04 13:45:27 (permalink)
    Chicken Salad Chick sounds like the Scotch Tape Store.
    Not something I'd go to even if they had beef, ham, and egg salad too.
    That's leftovers, not something to spend $$$ on.
    Never heard of Balance of Nature.
    Why not just eat the real fruits and vegetables?
    As a kidney patient, those would be a no go.
    post edited by 1bbqboy - 2018/12/04 13:48:53
    mar52
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 11903
    Re: Have you tried? // Do you have? // Please "share". 2018/12/04 16:25:54 (permalink)
    That Chicken Salad Chick is very close to my Fast Food Family.  Yes, their choice of food rate 3 Fs!

I'll have to tell them about it.  The only way they'll get it is if Grub Hub delivers.  They are pitiful!

I would have to first have Classic and then try Fancy Nancy.  Besides a little curry powder, don't mess with my chicken salad!

I don't think there are any chain restaurants opening in California that work their way East.  Even In n Out has ended their expansion.  Keep it rare... keep it busy.  Rare isn't the word I'm looking for.  Sparse?  

I do like the boiled, spicy, shellfish places that have been opening under numerous different names.  Get plastic bags of clams, crab, mussels, shrimp boiled with Cajun spices and hopefully a bib.
    MetroplexJim
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7096
    Re: Have you tried? // Do you have? // Please "share". 2018/12/15 11:11:02 (permalink)
    ???  Does anyone have a Ninja Foodi "Tender Crisp" - a 2 in 1 pressure cooker + air fryer?

Presently, we do not have:
    --a pressure cooker
    --a slow cooker
    --a sous vide device
    --a deep fat fryer
    --an air fryer
    --a dehydrator

1  The Ninja Foodi claims to be all of these in one device.  Frankly, I am only interested in the air-frying and pressure cooking.  So, does anyone have one?  Do you recommend it?

2)  Does anyone have an air fryer?  I threw my deep fat fryer away years ago.  It smelled and was a general pain in the a$$.  The air fryer looks to be a handy, relatively clean substitute.  How does it do for, say, frozen breaded shrimp?

---------------------------

Sam's and Wal-Mart are sold out of their Ninja Foodi's which they sell for $129 - $189.  They are available on e-bay for $1,000+!  So, a lot of people must like them as well as this guy:

mar52
    Porterhouse
    Re: Have you tried? // Do you have? // Please "share". 2018/12/16 12:21:22 (permalink)
    Jim,  I finally opted for the Instapot (Ultra from Sur la Table) because I figure that crisper thing in the extra top is something more to store and break.  The broiler does the exact same thing and you already have it.  (I think)

Ninja is a great promoter - marketing company.  Then, later the products seem to have recalls.   

I've seen people that use the air fryers on different chat boards and they all seem to like them.  I noticed them when I was in Bed Bath and Beyond and they're huge.  I don't have space in the kitchen for even an immersion blender!

That said, the new, Cuisinart toaster oven combo thing looks neat but I already have a Breville.
    post edited by mar52 - 2018/12/16 12:26:24
    phlmaestro
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 884
    Re: Have you tried? // Do you have? // Please "share". 2018/12/16 17:45:56 (permalink)
    mar52
    I've seen people that use the air fryers on different chat boards and they all seem to like them.  I noticed them when I was in Bed Bath and Beyond and they're huge.  I don't have space in the kitchen for even an immersion blender!

That said, the new, Cuisinart toaster oven combo thing looks neat but I already have a Breville.

That all applies to me too; word for word. I wish I could justify getting rid of the Breville on my counter-top in favor of that Cuisinart combo that includes the air-fryer, but the Breville isn't that old and still works fine. I can't justify it. And like you, I have no more space to add another gadget. I'd have to get rid of something I already have to make space.

I must have bought the Breville right before the air fryers became a thing. It's without a doubt the best toaster-oven I've ever had. And it does more things than any of the ones I previously had. But the one thing I'd really like that it doesn't have is an air fryer function. It will probably be a few years until I have one.
    post edited by phlmaestro - 2018/12/16 17:48:49
    Wintahaba
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 827
    Re: Have you tried? // Do you have? // Please "share". 2018/12/17 13:14:25 (permalink)
    I got the Cuisinart Air Fryer Combo for my wife last X-mas. We love it, although the 1st one crapped put after 8 months, but ABT (A Chicago Co w/ GREAT customer Service) replaced it in a flash. It also has a nice commercial appliance look, along w/ great functions.
    mar52
    Porterhouse
    Re: Have you tried? // Do you have? // Please "share". 2018/12/17 20:10:36 (permalink)
    phlmaestro
    mar52

That all applies to me too; word for word. I wish I could justify getting rid of the Breville on my counter-top in favor of that Cuisinart combo that includes the air-fryer, but the Breville isn't that old and still works fine. I can't justify it. And like you, I have no more space to add another gadget. I'd have to get rid of something I already have to make space.

I must have bought the Breville right before the air fryers became a thing. It's without a doubt the best toaster-oven I've ever had. And it does more things than any of the ones I previously had. But the one thing I'd really like that it doesn't have is an air fryer function. It will probably be a few years until I have one.

Exactly!  I love the Breville.  It was a gift from my brother.  It's even better now that I discovered I can use disposable 8 x 8 foil pans I buy at the dollar store.  
    phlmaestro
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 884
    Re: Have you tried? // Do you have? // Please "share". 2018/12/17 21:00:32 (permalink)
    mar52
    Exactly!  I love the Breville.  It was a gift from my brother.  It's even better now that I discovered I can use disposable 8 x 8 foil pans I buy at the dollar store.  

I cook in 9x13 foil pans in my Breville all the time. I prefer it to the regular oven if I'm not cooking something that's too big. I can't remember the last time I made meat loaf any other way. It makes clean-up so easy.
    mar52
    Porterhouse
    Re: Have you tried? // Do you have? // Please "share". 2018/12/18 00:36:32 (permalink)
    I think you have the larger model.  That's the one my brother was going to get me and he called me from BB&B and told me that it's HUGE!  I already didn't have enough room.

This might show you how cramped I am.  After my remodel was finished I had no work area!  So, I purchased a 24 inch square stainless steel table from a restaurant supply and capped it with leftover quartz.  The Breville is to the right side of the condiments next to the stove.  CRAMPED!  I have 3 different types of coffee makers in the kitchen.  Now thinking I need to remove one.    OH, for anyone wanting an island this one is perfect if you have a few more inches around it than I do.  If my dishwasher is open I have to walk entirely around the table to get to the other side!

screen capture windows 7
    Jump to:
    © 2018 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5