Helpful ReplyHot!Headed to Dallas

Page: << < ..678910 Showing page 10 of 10
Author
MetroplexJim
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6645
Re: Headed to Dallas 2017/03/12 11:13:40 (permalink)
buffetbuster
Sorry you won't be able to meet up with us plb and Jane, but we sure are looking forward to seeing Michael, Boyd, Jim and Wafa. See everyone at 1:00. Mariton is excited to try the fried chicken.

Twinwillow
I want a fried chicken thigh, ribs, and, some of their insane fatty brisket.

I'm up for a leg and ribs!

See you all soon.

Twinwillow
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5697
Re: Headed to Dallas 2017/03/13 19:26:49 (permalink)
Sunday's lunch at SLOW BONE BBQ was fabulous! Especially the company!
buffetbuster
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 12012
Re: Headed to Dallas 2017/03/14 08:24:37 (permalink)
100% TW!  It was great seeing everyone and thanks for coming out.
buffetbuster
Fire Safety Admin
Re: Headed to Dallas 2017/10/23 14:04:52 (permalink)
The last time my girlfriend Mariton's favorite aunt from Japan visited us in the USA, we took her to Chicago for the weekend, where she got to meet and spend time with ChiTownDiner.  Here we are two years later and she has apparently forgiven us enough for that to return to the states. 

This time, we are taking her to Dallas.  Why Dallas?  Because that's where the cheap flights are that weekend.  We were able to get three round trip, direct flight tickets to Love Field for under $400.00.  Oh, Southwest Airlines, we love you!  Don't ever change!!!

The weekend we are visiting is December 8-10.  We land Friday morning and I plan on having Cattleack BBQ as our first meal of the trip.  They open their doors at 10:30 and if our flight goes right, we will already be in line by then.  Any takers?  Can we get the band back together one more time?  Sorry for those who work on Friday, but maybe we can do something Saturday.  But it will have to revolve around Mariton's haircut schedule if I know what's good for me.
JRPfeff
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5023
Re: Headed to Dallas 2017/10/23 14:14:00 (permalink)
This kind of news may finally cause Texas to redeclare its independence. #MTGA
Twinwillow
Sirloin
Re: Headed to Dallas 2017/10/23 15:23:46 (permalink)
buffetbuster

The weekend we are visiting is December 8-10.  We land Friday morning and I plan on having Cattleack BBQ as our first meal of the trip.  They open their doors at 10:30 and if our flight goes right, we will already be in line by then.  Any takers?  Can we get the band back together one more time?  Sorry for those who work on Friday, but maybe we can do something Saturday.  But it will have to revolve around Mariton's haircut schedule if I know what's good for me.

Can't do Friday but, I can do Saturday Lunch if not too early. I work Saturday's but lunch for me is good 1:00-2:00.
Would love to see all again.
MetroplexJim
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6645
Re: Headed to Dallas 2017/10/23 16:30:30 (permalink)
Count Wafa and me in for a meal (or two or three).

We've never been to Cattleack, but if it's thriving in Restaurant Row (Addison) it must be good!
plb
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1164
Re: Headed to Dallas 2017/10/23 20:39:24 (permalink)
Two maybes here.
Twinwillow
Sirloin
Re: Headed to Dallas 2017/10/23 23:16:36 (permalink)
MetroplexJim
Count Wafa and me in for a meal (or two or three).

We've never been to Cattleack, but if it's thriving in Restaurant Row (Addison) it must be good!

Jim, I've heard great things about them. But everyone needs to get there early. They're only open Thursday's and Friday's 10:30-2:00 and the lines on their open days are long.
One article I read said they were also open on the first Saturday of the month with the same hours. Yelp only lists Thursday & Friday.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/cattleack-barbeque-dallas

buffetbuster
Fire Safety Admin
Re: Headed to Dallas 2017/10/24 13:29:53 (permalink)
Nice to hear from you Michael, Jim and Phil!

After some consideration, I am backing off of Cattleack BBQ for Friday.  It is probably too recent after the glowing review from Texas Monthly, which has increased the already long lines at many of the best bbq parlors.  And we're not bringing her aunt to Dallas to stand in line.  How about we push Cattleack towards a future visit?  And since Michael can't make Friday, how about we have one get together Saturday afternoon instead?

Michael, as always, I would be more than happy to have you select a place.  What I am looking for is something that would be a true Texas experience.  Whatever that is.  Maybe a really good Tex-Mex place for a change.  But, any suggestions are welcome.

Also, who has been to 18th & Vine BBQ?
post edited by buffetbuster - 2017/10/24 13:31:12
schlotz
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 66
Re: Headed to Dallas 2017/10/24 13:33:47 (permalink)
I'm a probably yes for CattleAck on Friday...

Sometimes they have announce a weekly special item like pastrami, pastrami burnt ends or QT pie - which is a chopped brisket meat pie.

It's hard to beat Southwest.

It will be great to see everyone again!
JRPfeff
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5023
Re: Headed to Dallas 2017/10/24 13:47:29 (permalink)
buffetbuster

After some consideration, I am backing off of Cattleack BBQ for Friday.  It is probably too recent after the glowing review from Texas Monthly, which has increased the already long lines at many of the best bbq parlors.  And we're not bringing her aunt to Dallas to stand in line.  How about we push Cattleack towards a future visit?  And since Michael can't make Friday, how about we have one get together Saturday afternoon instead?

Michael, as always, I would be more than happy to have you select a place.  What I am looking for is something that would be a true Texas experience.  Whatever that is.  Maybe a really good Tex-Mex place for a change.  But, any suggestions are welcome.

Also, who has been to 18th & Vine BBQ?

Assuming you meant the other Jim.
Twinwillow
Sirloin
Re: Headed to Dallas 2017/10/24 14:19:22 (permalink)
buffetbuster

Thank's, BB. I'm flattered that you would ask for my suggestions. We've got lots of Tex-Mex in Dallas. I've got my personal favorite, El Fenix but, let me give this some further thought and get back to you and the group asap.
wanderingjew
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10157
Re: Headed to Dallas 2017/10/24 14:40:09 (permalink)
Twinwillow
buffetbuster

Thank's, BB. I'm flattered that you would ask for my suggestions. We've got lots of Tex-Mex in Dallas. I've got my personal favorite, El Fenix but, let me give this some further thought and get back to you and the group asap.

buffetbuster

I really enjoyed the  Parrelada Mexicana  at El Ranchito that Scholtz and I shared on my visit to Dallas back in July. I'm certain that Schlotz would concur.  In fact El Ranchito a Twinwillow recommendation.

post edited by wanderingjew - 2017/10/24 19:54:21
Twinwillow
Sirloin
Re: Headed to Dallas 2017/10/24 15:12:01 (permalink)
With all due respect to wanderingjew, in the same neighborhood I would go with Gonzales Restaurant for (arguably) better food. Although, not quite as "colorful" as El Ranchito a few blocks away, It's actually where the locals eat. I personally much prefer it. They're highly noted for their fresh, homemade flour tortillas and homemade salsa fresco. The best anywhere!
https://www.yelp.com/biz/gonzalez-restaurant-dallas-2
http://www.gonzalezrestaurant.com

Another good Tex-Mex option would be Mia's Tex-Mex on Lemmon Avenue. It's clientele is mostly Gringo but the food is good. The Tex-Mex at Gonzales however is more authentic and well made. I would put it at number one and Mia's at number two.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/mias-tex-mex-restaurant-dallas
post edited by Twinwillow - 2017/10/24 15:16:48
wanderingjew
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10157
Re: Headed to Dallas 2017/10/24 15:35:23 (permalink)
Twinwillow
With all due respect to wanderingjew, in the same neighborhood I would go with Gonzales Restaurant for (arguably) better food. Although, not quite as "colorful" as El Ranchito a few blocks away, It's actually where the locals eat. I personally much prefer it. They're highly noted for their fresh, homemade flour tortillas and homemade salsa fresco. The best anywhere!

Another good Tex-Mex option would be Mia's Tex-Mex on Lemmon Avenue. It's clientele is mostly Gringo but the food is good. The Tex-Mex at Gonzales however is more authentic and well made. I would put it at number one and Mia's at number two.

twinwillow
You deliberately gave me a bum recommendation?     
I couldn't tell you about the rest of the menu but the Parrelada Mexican was one of the best meals I had this year- not a top 10 but most likely an honorable mention

On the other hand I visited Mia's Tex Mex on my previous visit to Dallas in 2005 and loved it- however when I mentioned it previously- you sought of poo-pooed it!
Twinwillow
Sirloin
Re: Headed to Dallas 2017/10/24 16:09:31 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby wanderingjew 2017/10/24 16:15:30
wanderingjew
Twinwillow

twinwillow
You deliberately gave me a bum recommendation?     
I couldn't tell you about the rest of the menu but the Parrelada Mexican was one of the best meals I had this year- not a top 10 but most likely an honorable mention

On the other hand I visited Mia's Tex Mex on my previous visit to Dallas in 2005 and loved it- however when I mentioned it previously- you sought of poo-pooed it!

Hold on there, cowboy! Yes, I did recommend El Ranchito. Their food is very good and it has that Mexican-American "vibe". I would still not hesitate to recommend it to someone from out of town. However, as I said, I personally prefer the Tex-Mex cooking at Restaurant Gonzales.

I only sort of "poo-pooed" Mia's Tex-Mex because, although the food is good, It's somewhat Gringo-ized and not quite as authentic as the others. Capeesh?

You know I love ya.

Twinwillow
Sirloin
Re: Headed to Dallas 2017/10/24 16:30:55 (permalink)

Page: << < ..678910 Showing page 10 of 10
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5