Hello folks.

Author
acain
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 27
2017/03/15 13:26:35 (permalink)

Hello folks.

Hi folks.  Ive been lurking around the different boards for a few weeks now, and Im impressed with this one. Seems helpfull, knowledge full, and polite. So much BS and so many arrogant people out there now days.  I cant take drama... any ways, Im SLOWLY planning a food truck build. Im super good with making stuff out of nothing, I can build or repair almost anything. I have a good bit (15 years) of restaurant experiance... And an over active imagination. At this point I have nothing but some ideas and an old flat bed trailer.. Im going to look at an old delivery truck body later today. Really I just wanted to introduce myself here and get my toes wet.

7 Replies Related Threads

1bbqboy
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5389
    Re: Hello folks. 2017/03/15 13:59:09 (permalink)
    Where are you and what cuisine do you want to serve?
    acain
    Junior Burger
    Re: Hello folks. 2017/03/15 15:25:24 (permalink)
    Im in Florida close to the Jacksonville area.  Im still thinking about the mnue, but for the most part I want to serve basic american comfort food. Id like to do breakfast and lunch for sure, dont know about dinner yet. but my idea is to have a couple basic breakfast items that can be served in take out, bisquits n gravy, scrambled eggs, waffles.  Hearty sandwiches .. sausage sandwich, meatball sub, philly... couple side items.  I want to stay away from a huge complicated menu, and I might as well tell folks right up front, We season our food, we cook with lard, butter and salt... this aint lean quisine.  Of course theres a certain amount of tact needed for that pitch. lol
    kreativekvs209
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 81
    Re: Hello folks. 2017/03/17 00:51:53 (permalink)
    don't underestimate a good grill cheese sandwich!! what kind of restaurant experience do you have? just curious that's all.
    acain
    Junior Burger
    Re: Hello folks. 2017/03/17 08:33:43 (permalink)
    Hello kreative, 
    Ive worked in everything from mom n pop pizza joints to greasy spoons, to high class multi million dollar operations like the quaker Square Hilton. I managed a few chains, Captain D's ,  Denny's.  There was a fried chicken place in there somewhere and a few half ass attempts in my younger days to have my own kitchen in a bar or two. But back then I spent more time in the bar...  I took a two year cullinary skills and mgt course my senior year. decades ago.
    About 15 years ago I finally got fed up with the whole industry and started an auction buisness. Four years of that and then I developed throat cancer. I havnt spent a dime on this thing so far, but Ive been collecting some small things and researching, planning, talking to people.  My income right now demands that I start from scratch, and go real slow.
    acain
    Junior Burger
    Re: Hello folks. 2017/03/17 08:35:40 (permalink)
    Forgot to mention, I actually built a concession trailer for a friend a few years ago that turned out real nice. Ill see if I can get some pics up.
    1bbqboy
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5389
    Re: Hello folks. 2017/03/17 13:10:57 (permalink)
    I'm an eater, not a truckster, but I know from reading hundreds of stories on here that you first have to talk to the health department where you intend to vend to find out specific requirements
    Pertaining to said area. Lots of horror stories about differing regulations and the trucks/trailers/carts.
    Then determine your cuisine in conjunction with that knowledge.
    acain
    Junior Burger
    Re: Hello folks. 2017/03/17 13:41:37 (permalink)
    "you first have to talk to the health department where you intend to vend to find out specific requirements
    Pertaining to said area."
    Yep.  they arent as tight around here as ive heard about in some areas, but your quite right. Thanks.
    Jump to:
    © 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5