Helpful ReplyHot!Hello from california!!!

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
kreativekvs209
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 81
Re: Hello from california!!! 2017/02/26 00:21:09 (permalink)
50% of 25 is 12.5 which  is 37.5 which is 3 gallon under the 40. so I'm good there.

Blakkmoon
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 441
Re: Hello from california!!! 2017/02/26 10:07:46 (permalink)
I really think that like most HD stuff..
The rules are not as clear and specific as they should be.
Without clarity - in writing - too much is left to the discretion of the inspector  ... and the builder.

Here is how I read this...

Wastewater TANKS (plural) shall have a minimum capacity that is 50% greater
than the potable water TANKS  (plural) ----  not TANK (single)
As long as your hot water tank is no more than 3 gallons, or you use an instant tankless model, no prob.

And you are going to be selling rice - prepared using potable water...
So based on the next sentence, you are going to need the
Additional wastewater tank capacity equal to the equal to 15% of the WATER SUPPLY.

Does this mean your basic on board water supply?
Or are they referring to you bringing additional water for cooking? 
Like a 5 gallon jug??

Are you going to have ice on board??
Again it wants additional wastewater tank capacity.
- PLUS 1/3 the volume of the ice cabinet ( whatever THAT is ) -ice cube tray? freezer? coleman cooler?

With the rules being SO strict down there....  just make sure you get 100% clarification.

I would think that a 75 gallon waste tank would be better.
Then you are covered if things change.
Maybe you do a festival, and need to grab extra water....
Maybe you run low on water, but things are busy, so the wife grabs you a couple of jugs at wally world and runs them down to you.

If you just squeak by with minimum capacity, you can potentially get shut down.
I have heard of it happening.

Sorry for soundin SO anal.
I only want to be helpful.

kreativekvs209
Hamburger
Re: Hello from california!!! 2017/03/19 21:07:08 (permalink)
just a little update. the government decided they needed to take some money out of my bank account without me knowing, for registration for a car which I do not own anymore. which left me in a bad financial situation. so I'm going to have to wait acouple more weeks to purchase the square metal tubing I need for my back wall/door build. ( that's life I guess ) anywho on a good note. we were asked to cater a st. patty's day event at a bar the other night which was really fun and last minute. but we were able to knock out a killer menu, which we were serving cheese steak sandwiches, lockeford's sausages " hot dogs" skewered chicken wings and fish tacos. in the picture is me in the center and my 2 brothers around me. I love that little flat top.

Buloff
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 25
Re: Hello from california!!! 2017/04/13 15:58:50 (permalink)
Hello, buddy. I'm from CA also and I wonder how you going to obtain INSIGNIA before Health Dept? I know that we have to fill the HCD 415 application, where we should write about lisenced contractor who biuld the truck. I'm in the same situation as you (I'm going to build all by my self) and I concern about it. What do you think?
kreativekvs209
Hamburger
Re: Hello from california!!! 2017/04/18 01:07:54 (permalink)
Buloff
Hello, buddy. I'm from CA also and I wonder how you going to obtain INSIGNIA before Health Dept? I know that we have to fill the HCD 415 application, where we should write about lisenced contractor who biuld the truck. I'm in the same situation as you (I'm going to build all by my self) and I concern about it. What do you think?

I'm in the san Joaquin county. lol I just got off the phone with one of the housing development, he pretty much told me that same requirement as regular buildings, but I asked about electricity, and said that I want run all electric wiring through the walls. well pretty much I'm going to write up acouple more questions and then just go there in person.  i'm on a very low budget and moving along very slow. you would probably be done before me. i'm sorry I couldn't be any more help.

what part of CA. are you from..?? I cant wait to see some of your work.
Buloff
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 25
Re: Hello from california!!! 2017/04/18 01:14:10 (permalink)
kreativekvs209
Buloff

I'm in the san Joaquin county. lol I just got off the phone with one of the housing development, he pretty much told me that same requirement as regular buildings, but I asked about electricity, and said that I want run all electric wiring through the walls. well pretty much I'm going to write up acouple more questions and then just go there in person.  i'm on a very low budget and moving along very slow. you would probably be done before me. i'm sorry I couldn't be any more help.

what part of CA. are you from..?? I cant wait to see some of your work.

I'm from Los Angeles. And our rules are tough) Oh, I haven't bought step van yet, so I won't so fast. And my budget is very low also! So, what did  they tell you about wires? Can it be inside walls?  
Blakkmoon
Cheeseburger
Re: Hello from california!!! 2017/04/18 11:36:26 (permalink)

i'm on a very low budget and moving along very slow.

We all feel this !!

I get a pain in my side every time I have to run to home depot to grab something to finish what I am working on.
Always debating - do I grab THIS too while I am here....  or wait till I NEED it.

I am on year 2.... and truck 2.....  but at least I am BUILDING!

Good thing we have therapy !

post edited by Blakkmoon - 2017/04/18 11:47:06
kreativekvs209
Hamburger
Re: Hello from california!!! 2017/04/18 18:04:58 (permalink)
He said they can be inside the walls. But I'm starting to rethink that decision. The last food truck I worked in had the wiring outside of the walls. Having all the plumbing and electrical ran inside the walls is what's holding me back from putting the walls up.

If you have a truck to pull a rig I would recommend. Getting a trailer instead. They are wider and lower to the ground. But if you don't have a truck to pull the trailer then a step van is good as well. Just my 2 cents.
Blakkmoon
Cheeseburger
Re: Hello from california!!! 2017/04/18 20:33:51 (permalink)
They all seem to be the same on the wiring.
I want to put mine INSIDE the walls.
A - It just looks cleaner.
B - I don't get how the HD can let the sheilded wire be run OUTSIDE the walls.  With all those ridges, it just a dirt/grease trap. Super hard to clean.
They want everything to as clean and smooth and seamless as possible, but look the other way when it comes to the wiring.

If the wiring is run OUSTIDE the walls, it should be done like Inferno's rig  
THAT is nice and clean.

I would not run plumbing inside the walls.
There is really not enough to worry about anyway.
hpx
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 203
Re: Hello from california!!! 2017/04/19 01:20:06 (permalink)
The best advantage to running your wiring outside of the walls is the ease to make changes when your plans change (and they will). If there is a problem with the wiring (and there will be) it is easy to find and remedy. In my area it must all be outside of walls, electric, plumbing, gas. 
Inferno
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 67
Re: Hello from california!!! 2017/04/19 02:09:31 (permalink)
Thanks for the comment Blakkmoon. When I built my trailer I put the wiring in the walls. When I built the food truck I did it outside of the walls. I do like the cleanliness of inside the walls, but making it versatile to changes as your business changes over the years its better to do outside the walls. You can still make it look clean if you take your time when running your conduit.
Blakkmoon
Cheeseburger
Re: Hello from california!!! 2017/04/19 11:06:04 (permalink)
I agree with the reasoning for going outside the walls.
I don't think I can do it though.
I PRAY I don't regret it !! 

I have about 16 outlets planned. ( overkill ).
After shelves and counters and other stuff.... I'm not even sure where I would put it.
It would require a LOT of planning.

And there is just NO WAY i can stand seeing this stuff strung all over a truck like spider webs!
But thats the way they do it around here.

kreativekvs209
Hamburger
Re: Hello from california!!! 2017/04/23 00:55:58 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Buloff 2017/04/23 01:27:39
after an in dept conversation with my old boss ( with the food truck ) I've decided to run my wiring outside of the walls. so hopefully next month I should have some progress to share with all of yall.
Blakkmoon
Cheeseburger
Re: Hello from california!!! 2017/04/23 09:08:22 (permalink)
So what was it he said that finally convinced you to run outside the walls?
kreativekvs209
Hamburger
Re: Hello from california!!! 2017/04/24 00:10:29 (permalink)
he said that it was allot easier for inspections. easier to modified. and it's kinda scary to not know whats going on with the electrical behind the wall do to the fact that the truck moves and flex, with to many x factors, so why risk an electrical fire.  but honestly it was stopping me from cutting the window and putting up the walls.. so I'm going to knock out my walls first and deal with the electrical later.!!!
Blakkmoon
Cheeseburger
Re: Hello from california!!! 2017/04/24 11:12:36 (permalink)
Thanks
Totally agree with all the reasons. 
So far MY plan remains the same.
Using the shielded stuff ( in the pic above )
Inside the walls. Secure all the lines from movement.
ONE line per outlet.
Document and photograph everything. Label everything.
That SHOULD cover everything except possible upgrades. But I'm willing to live with that.
Fingers crossed.

Remember when you cut out the window.....  
TAKE IT SLOW!
Don't know if yours is aluminum or not.... mine is.
Doesn't matter what you use to cut with, aluminum cuts nice, but has a lot of ... mmmm....grabability...
If you try to rush, there is a lot of kick back.
And you will be in an awkward angle every step of the way.
For ME - because I was cutting along the edge of the factory support beams....
I did it from the inside ( so I could see them ).
And the best tool for ME, was my angle grinder with a 4 inch cut off blade.
Wear all the safety gear.... it's messy.
POST PICS!

Don't toss the cut out!
My truck is made out of 1/4 inch thick aluminum.
I spent yesterday re-purposing the window cut out, to make the shelf that will sit under the window.
So far, it's coming along well.
Gonna get 2 shelves out of it, and they are even color matched to the body.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2017 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.5